Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 363 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why? Me being Rogla fan, Giro is just not a real satisfaction when won. It can be a beautiful race with great mountains and amazing scenery. But if you want to see who’s who, you’re doing the Tour…
Giro is the most epic grand tour and every one of the best GT riders wants it in their palmares. Its a real satisfaction when it is won by a proper GT rider like Contador, Nibali, Froome, Pogacar , vingegard, pantani etc. Maybe not when it is contested by weak wheelsuckers like roglic, gerant Thomas and Almida

No, I truly wont.

I think a Giro-win would a good thing for Pog, if he can win. He has been going twice against Vingegaard now and lost. Let someone else give it a go. Pog is young enough to win another Tour later, he has already won it twice anyway. Lets see what they decide. He could still end up going. Why do you care?

Is Roglic not good enough, eh? You dont believe in your guy?

Stop being so pessimistic. The race is not until about 10 months from now. Anything could happen.
He knows deep inside that roglic can't beat Vingegaard in the Tour......even pogacar can't.

It was almost "hilarious" roglic going full gas on angliru and vingegaard even without being in tour france's shape, could follow him without major problems.

Giro is the most epic grand tour and every one of the best GT riders wants it in their palmares. Its a real satisfaction when it is won by a proper GT rider like Contador, Nibali, Froome, Pogacar , vingegard, pantani etc. Maybe not when it is contested by weak wheelsuckers like roglic, gerant Thomas and Almida
It was one of the main reason why the giro 2023 wasn't that good. The route wasn't good, but also 3 wheelsuckers that can't attack and don't want to give some entertainment......

He knows deep inside that roglic can't beat Vingegaard in the Tour......even pogacar can't.

It was almost "hilarious" roglic going full gas on angliru and vingegaard even without being in tour france's shape, could follow him without major problems.
I don’t have to go very deep inside to know Roglic has a slim chance of winning the Tour. Just because I’m a fan doesn’t mean I’ve lost my touch with reality. Still, as long as there’s a chance, he should go for it. As should Pog.

Luckily the riders we are talking about are fighters and won’t see Tour being reduced to 3 week long Vingegaard parade to Champs Elysees.

As per your Angliru comment, I will never understand the inclinations behind mocking a rider for attacking and winning the hardest climb in the Vuelta. You are only showing your lack of character to give credit where credit is due…

Aug 10, 2023
It's hilarious that you would attack Primoz Roglic in a Tadej Pogacar forum! Primoz won all the one-week stage races he entered this year, won a grand tour, and might have won the Vuelta. If you don't like his style, that's fine. But calling him "weak" is ridiculous.

Unfortunately every man worth his salt, will be at the Tour & Olympics next year. It's just how it's planned with the Olympics in Paris. I mean even the Tour moved it's start forward by a week and it's start to another country!
However the Tour pans out, I hope the likes of Pogacar and Vingegaard give the Giro a shot in 2025.

Pog has two ways of doing the Giro. Either he goes for the Giro-Tour double (which probably means leaving out his favourite spring classics and monuments) or he regresses as a GT rider to the point he thinks he has no business in trying to win the Tour.

In 2024 he already announced classics and monuments which has me thinking there’s low chance of him doing the Giro. But you never know - he is very ambitious…

I am 100% sure he’s not just going to back off from the Tour and settle for Giro. Which kind of puts the claim of Giro being “the most epic GT” to a test…

You are just trolling, I would have to assume, by this stupidity that you are putting on display for everyone to read.

He has two Tour wins and finished 2nd twice.

How does he "regresses" from not doing Tour one year to instead try to win the Giro. He might want to win the Giro! He dont care about what you or anyone thinks, if he decides to do that.

It also doesnt mean he wont/cant win another Tour later. How does one "regress" from adding a win in another GT? HOW. It only adds to an already legendary palmares.

And how does Roglic stand a chance then? He should retire immediately, if this was the case. He regressed a long time ago, if what you say is "true".

You just want Pog at the Tour because it might mean your precious Roglic might actually benefit from it. It is all selfish reasons for you. You shouldnt be that invested my friend. None of what either one of us says matters. What will happen, happens.

If Pog does the Giro, all good. If he does the Tour, all good.
Why the need to call me stupid? Have I insulted you in any way? No. But keep this up and I might start.

You keep babbling whatever you want but the fact is Pog keeps confirming my “stupid” take while he does nothing to confirm yours. Once 2024 goes by, he will have had 6 chances to do the Giro yet somehow, for whatever reason, he keeps doing the Tour… I wonder how you manage to fit THAT in your profound understanding of the situation…

Why the need to call me stupid? Have I insulted you in any way? No. But keep this up and I might start.

You keep babbling whatever you want but the fact is Pog keeps confirming my “stupid” take while he does nothing to confirm yours. Once 2024 goes by, he will have had 6 chances to do the Giro yet somehow, for whatever reason, he keeps doing the Tour… I wonder how you manage to fit THAT in your profound understanding of the situation…
You are the only babbling for no apparent reason at all. Who came in here. Stop acting like a child.

He will have 6 chances to do the Tour again. He has done it 4 times in a row already.

Why do YOU want him so bad in the 2024 one? Whats the reason. Is it not for the sole reason I pointed out? Give it a rest will you.

As said, whatever he does it is all good.

You are the only babbling for no apparent reason at all. Who came in here. Stop acting like a child.

He will have 6 chances to do the Tour again. He has done it 4 times in a row already.

Why do YOU want him so bad in the 2024 one? Whats the reason. Is it not for the sole reason I pointed out? Give it a rest will you.

As said, whatever he does it is all good.
Who came in here? What is this, some kind of secret society that I’m not aware of? It’s a public forum and I can come and go as I please… Anyway, a funny accusation from a guy who’s favourite past time is trolling in Remco’s thread and pissing off his fans…

And on the topic of being a child: It’s painfully obvious you prefer Giro over Tour and now try to bend the reality to fit your agenda because you can’t stand to face the fact. Which is, that to professionals Tour counts more than Giro. That’s why next year, top 3 GT riders are doing the Tour and not the Giro. Which is case in most seasons…

Who came in here? What is this, some kind of secret society that I’m not aware of? It’s a public forum and I can come and go as I please… Anyway, a funny accusation from a guy who’s favourite past time is trolling in Remco’s thread and pissing off his fans…

And on the topic of being a child: It’s painfully obvious you prefer Giro over Tour and now try to bend the reality to fit your agenda because you can’t stand to face the fact. Which is, that to professionals Tour counts more than Giro. That’s why next year, top 3 GT riders are doing the Tour and not the Giro. Which is case in most seasons…
Unbelievable...

I have not said I prefer Giro over the Tour. How do you come to that conclusion?

You are the one saying he regresses as a GT-rider by doing the Giro. Thats what I am disputing. Stick to the argument/facts you are presenting!

If he were to do the Giro... maybe he just wants to do it? Whats wrong with discovering and win another big race? I have not said he will actually do it.

My first post was "Pog/Almeida Giro and Yates/Ayuso Tour". It is just a prediction, that could be totally wrong.

But then yes, you came in here. Thats why I said that. You seem to have a lot of personal aggression towards all of this, judging by your post, so I cant really take you serious now. Hence, why I said... you must be trolling in another post.

As stated again... he has done the Tour four times in a row. Won two, finished 2nd twice. He doesnt have to do it again, next year, but he still might. Relax. Nobody saying he wont. Nothing has been decided and we wont know for a while.

Again, why are you so worried if he does it or not? Why do YOU care so much?

It is just obvious why you want him to and it is not because you are a fan, you have exposed yourself in that department. Again, just stop being so invested. Whatever happens, happens. Take it easy instead. Learn from your idol.

Unbelievable...

I have not said I prefer Giro over the Tour. How do you come to that conclusion?

You are the one saying he regresses as a GT-rider by doing the Giro. Thats what I am disputing. Stick to the argument/facts you are presenting!

If he were to do the Giro... maybe he just wants to do it? Whats wrong with discovering and win another big race? I have not said he will actually do it.

My first post was "Pog/Almeida Giro and Yates/Ayuso Tour". It is just a prediction, that could be totally wrong.

But then yes, you came in here. Thats why I said that. You seem to have a lot of personal aggression towards all of this, judging by your post, so I cant really take you serious now. Hence, why I said... you must be trolling in another post.

As stated again... he has done the Tour four times in a row. Won two, finished 2nd twice. He doesnt have to do it again, next year, but he still might. Relax. Nobody saying he wont. Nothing has been decided and we wont know for a while.

Again, why are you so worried if he does it or not? Why do YOU care so much?

It is just obvious why you want him to and it is not because you are a fan, you have exposed yourself in that department. Again, just stop being so invested. Whatever happens, happens. Take it easy instead. Learn from your idol.
I think it’s you who needs to take it easy, calling names and posting aggressively… Just what do you think is going on here? Why do I want Pog to go to the Tour? I’d really like to know what’s your theory…

I am Pog fan, FYI. It’s just that it took me a while to get here and that’s why I still consider myself primarily a Rogla fan. Because I have a longer history of being a Rogla fan. But if they go head to head in next year’s Tour, I’m not that sure anymore who I’m gonna root for. I even “met” Pog when he came to visit his cycling school (Pogi team) which my son attends…

So what’s your theory? Why do I want Pog to go to the Tour?

I think it’s you who needs to take it easy, calling names and posting aggressively… Just what do you think is going on here? Why do I want Pog to go to the Tour? I’d really like to know what’s your theory…

I am Pog fan, FYI. It just that it took me a while to get here and that’s why I still consider myself primarily a Rogla fan. Because I have a longer history of being a Rogla fan. But if they go head to head in next year’s Tour, I’m not that sure anymore who I’m gonna root for. I even “met” Pog when he came to visit his cycling school (Pogi team) which my son attends…

So what’s your theory? Why do I want Pog to go to the Tour?
Let it go now. Enjoy your day.

Watching Liverpool-Everton. YNWA.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pog should try to win all three GTs, the "problem" is he won the Tour twice so young, then lost as many times, so how does he not go back to attempt to retake the crown next year? And then, on any given year today, how does he work a Giro attempt into his plans, given that such would inevitably compromise his Tour agenda? Given that the Tour-Giro double triumph seems beyond reality in contemporary cycling, the dilemma becomes prohibitive. It's a defect, because the Italian GT is such a beautiful race. By contrast, the Vuelta after a victorious Tour has less risks. Hence it may be that only when Tadej feels his best years are behind him, will he make the Giro a priority.

Pogacar won't do Giro in 2024, but if he did, he's not admitting he 'regressed' as a GT rider, he just want to win Giro.

Contador was the best in the world in 2010 and 2011 he went to win an epic Giro, because he wanted to.
Contador, however, won his first Giro in 2008, because his team was excluded from the Tour and then went in 2014 thinking a sanction could have prevented his presence at the French race. In 2015 it was a gamble against the Tour, by then dominated by Sky. The point is had Contador not had such issues, he likely would have gambled everything on increasing his Tour wins.

Reactions: Sandisfan