• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 405 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vingo is the strongest GT rider of this generation.

I think we can all agree on that.

Personally i think he is the strongest GT rider of this century. (Palmares is a different matter).
You can think whatever you like. Claiming we all agree on that is a bit rich, though…

I for one think this generation is not even close to halfway through with their racing and any such claim at this point is ridiculous.

What you really mean with this? Can you explain please? I didn't understood.
See the post below:
It’s only the start of the 2024 season. There could be other riders that perform this year or next and be at an even higher level than Vingegaard. Like how we went from Bernal to Pogacar and to Vingegaard as who’s going to dominate the GT scene.
The title of “best of his generation” has changed the address at least twice in the last 5 years. It looks like we will have to wait a bit longer to draw any conclusions.

Sure you ( @Froome ) may believe Jonas will come on top in the end - if he keeps this up for a few more years, he will… But until he does, there will be no “agreement” on this board regarding who the best GT rider of a generation is.

Last edited:
Yes, someday it will happen, maybe it will be somebody from the same team like uijdtbroeks, but i think vingegaard, pogacar, remco and roglic will still be the best GC riders at least in the next 2 years.

The level of Bernal wasn't that high, so naturally appeared somebody better, it's not the case at the moment.

I wouldn't sleep on Ayuso, he lost a bit of hype last year after missing the Vuelta podium that he had gotten the year before but I don't think his numbers were any worse and he was still the best non-Jumbo despite spending a few months injured.

He is my fifth favourite for this year's Tour and it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes on the podium. I actually think his ceiling as a Grand Tour rider is a bit higher than Remco's.

I wouldn't sleep on Ayuso, he lost a bit of hype last year after missing the Vuelta podium that he had gotten the year before but I don't think his numbers were any worse and he was still the best non-Jumbo despite spending a few months injured.

He is my fifth favourite for this year's Tour and it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes on the podium. I actually think his ceiling as a Grand Tour rider is a bit higher than Remco's.
I agree with ayuso. Personally i think uijdtbroeks and ayuso are the most young promising GT riders for the future.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yes, he will be the best allrounder. Not the best climber, not the best stage racer and certainly not the best GT rider. If he can't beat Vingegaard in the biggest race of the year it should be obvious.
Predictions about the future like yours are just another kind of astrology. A lot of forum users write like they are standing in the cloud number 9 of cycling.

• Love
Reactions: scribers and Blanco

Latest posts