• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 458 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It all sounds a little odd but I guess that some of those greater talents have managed to get around poorer / lesser training regimes simply by applying their "talent". In other words only when they faced defeat something had to change, eg. Pog in MSR, MVDP in CX (WC 2017 and 2018), WVA in some late Monuments etc. So maybe not so strange that Pog has decided to become more structured about his training and really is trying to become his very best. It should be a scary thought to the competition that up until this year he was simply waltzing around having fun on a bike but has now decided to become a serious pro. I hope Mou is right and that Pog puts Visma and Vingo to the test
Tadej is mature enough to understand his limits, I'd guess. That and the finite number of opportunities he'd get to win each race now that every other rider and team is specifically racing against him most of the time.
I was of the opinion that his team came up seriously weak in today's stage but it's refreshing the Pogacar took responsibility for sitting on the Bora leadout too long. Ignore the fact he didn't have a teammate in the time zone of the sprint; he still had the attitude that he was responsible.
You don't hear that from many guys; particularly after getting nipped in a 300km race where everyone soiled themselves every time he twitched.
The GTs are team races and he'll need those guys to be rested and ready; not sitting at 50th place in the pack.

Marc Hirschi (UAE) is set to join Tudor in 2025. Ok, not Pogacar news but since Hirschi's non-showings as domeatique were a topic, I'll post it here.
Tadej is mature enough to understand his limits, I'd guess. That and the finite number of opportunities he'd get to win each race now that every other rider and team is specifically racing against him most of the time.
I was of the opinion that his team came up seriously weak in today's stage but it's refreshing the Pogacar took responsibility for sitting on the Bora leadout too long. Ignore the fact he didn't have a teammate in the time zone of the sprint; he still had the attitude that he was responsible.
You don't hear that from many guys; particularly after getting nipped in a 300km race where everyone soiled themselves every time he twitched.
The GTs are team races and he'll need those guys to be rested and ready; not sitting at 50th place in the pack.
The thing is in 3 out of 4 Tours he had useless teams as well and its not even that the names were so bad - wonder why UAE messes up prep seemingly compared to lets say Visma, where you just know that whoever is in the lineup, they will do their job. No complaints about last year UAE though.

Marc Hirschi (UAE) is set to join Tudor in 2025. Ok, not Pogacar news but since Hirschi's non-showings as domeatique were a topic, I'll post it here.

The thing is in 3 out of 4 Tours he had useless teams as well and its not even that the names were so bad - wonder why UAE messes up prep seemingly compared to lets say Visma, where you just know that whoever is in the lineup, they will do their job. No complaints about last year UAE though.
because the head of performance was Inigo San Millan, and because he led every altitude camp personally....

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
In 2022 wasn’t really their fault though and we couldn’t see how good or bad the team actually was, they got decimated by crashes and Covid.