• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 624 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Adam yates improved a lot since he left Ineos. He did podium last year at the Tour. Who is the coach of Adam Yates? He must be a really good coach.
I wouldn't say yates has improved that much but he found consistency.. look at his numbers in jebel hafeet when he was at ineos. He nearly dropped pog on multiple occasions on that climb. I heard him saying he hasn't increased his level that much but uae had a strict nutrition plan where he found the same level doing race after race.

Is history repeating itself?

• 1981 Hinault wins the Tour.
  • 1982 Hinault wins the Tour.
  • 1983 Fignon wins the Tour.
  • 1984 Fignon wins the Tour.
  • 1985 Hinault wins the Giro-Tour double.

• 2020 Pogacar wins the Tour.
  • 2021 Pogacar wins the Tour.
  • 2022 Vingegaard wins the Tour.
  • 2023 Vingegaard wins the Tour.
  • 2024 ???
Only Vingegaard never wins the Tour again and Evenepoel three.

I don't know who trains Adam, I only know that when he wins, Javier Sola publishes stories about him...and he doesn't do it with everyone on the team.
Adam is trained by san milan as of now and sola shares stories whoever wins from the team but congratulates his trainees by mentioning them. As @mou said pog has exposed san milan and a guy with almeidas charater demands the best. I was surprised and curious when i saw him pulling for 5 km on the cari stage and eventually dropping everyone but yates. Has anyone saw almeida showing such displays on back to back mountain days?

Reactions: Sandisfan
My TdF wishes for Pogačar and team:
- No crashes or illnesses
- Team cohesion
- Sufficient rouleur strength

Also, Pogačar to win and Almeida podium. Perhaps a pony, while I'm at it.
At least Tour's route is very well designed in the first weekend. Peloton will be nervous and excited to start the biggest race in the world but there are hard hilly stages to select the peloton and avoid havoc in the last 10 km.

• Love
Reactions: sevenall
don't underestimate the first stage. the last four climbs are in succession, without flats and are demanding. it's a stage where the team can make the difference and seeing the condition of Yates and Almedia... watch out. if someone is not having a good day he risks big

My TdF wishes for Pogačar and team:
- No crashes or illnesses
- Team cohesion
- Sufficient rouleur strength

Also, Pogačar to win and Almeida podium. Perhaps a pony, while I'm at it.

I mean a pony is good and all, but what are they going to do with it? Or will it be a mascot and every time they win a stage it comes to the finish line and takes the winner to the podium for celebration? Details are important to success, so Pony motivation to break the wings of love.

• Haha
Reactions: sevenall