• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 633 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don’t know if he’ll last long. They hold a long long grudge around here that doesn’t relax until a generation of cyclists turns over
I agree but I don't think it is a grudge. Our parents always taught us that you must respect rules and etiquette (more so strickly as a newcomer) and he simply ignored too many rules insulting a few people in the process. And old habits die hard so another ban would probably be inevitable.

Back to the Pogi discussion it is ;)

Last edited:
I can see Pogi with a 2 minutes advantage after 4 stages. Stage 2 and stage 4 are perfect for him.
Curious how is stage 4 perfect to him relative to others with that light gradients? And the downhill.

Would assume its better suited for Evenpoel, Roglic and others than him. Ofc every terrain suits him somewhat but relative to others I would think Galibier suits the likes of Evenpoel more than him not that it dont suit him but yeah.

Stage 4 is incredibly overhyped. The whole stage has like 5km of climbing above 7%, if we'll see big gaps here it would be quite a revelation of how bad teams are outside of UAE.
I mean, we basically have 50km of almost false flat towards Sestriere, a nothing climb in Montgenevre (which funnily has the hardest 5km percentage wise of the stage) and then the soft side of Galibier which never goes above 6,5% except for 3 times. The only way I see bigger things happening here is if you somehow manage to drop all domestiques before crossing 2000m on Galibier.

Reactions: Poursuivant
Stage 4 is incredibly overhyped. The whole stage has like 5km of climbing above 7%, if we'll see big gaps here it would be quite a revelation of how bad teams are outside of UAE.
I mean, we basically have 50km of almost false flat towards Sestriere, a nothing climb in Montgenevre (which funnily has the hardest 5km percentage wise of the stage) and then the soft side of Galibier which never goes above 6,5% except for 3 times. The only way I see bigger things happening here is if you somehow manage to drop all domestiques before crossing 2000m on Galibier.
Or getting dropped by other teams domestiques.

Curious how is stage 4 perfect to him relative to others with that light gradients? And the downhill.

Would assume its better suited for Evenpoel, Roglic and others than him. Ofc every terrain suits him somewhat but relative to others I would think Galibier suits the likes of Evenpoel more than him not that it dont suit him but yeah.
It is a very long climb at altitude and more important, first real test in the Tour! Some legs will be undercooked so UAE will rip this stage apart. No doubt we will have big gaps.