• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He was asked to slow down so MVDP keeps the yellow jersey.

#FreePogacar
By doing so, he even managed to hit some nice equal numbers with his avg speed and time. That can't be a coincidence.

image.png

Hahahahaha this is great, uae and maxtin does not give a ***, seems like the uci have let things be more free for all instead of one superior team while other teams got warnings (postal, sky)

No way he gets busted ever unless something leaks to the media, im sure he tests positive a few times a year, to much bad press if he did get caught.
Christ ,the stupidity in clinic is to much for me

Last edited:
Is it possible he wouldn't get gear for OI? Too much on stake? Why risk it for his national team, looking from UAE perspective. I think he won't be even top 5 at OI TT. Excuse, tired from TDF.
I agree, they're gonna do the same excuse as last years WC. Apparently he was so tired that he worked for Roglic but at the same time he should possess incredible recovery and Roglic was clearly more tired after TDF. Obviously UAE is not giving him the juice for the national competitions and Olympics might actually have some decent doping controls. He should be the favorite for the Olympics RR but I think we're gonna see a surprise there too.

Reactions: Koronin
quite stark contrast between roglic sweating like a pig, van aert with spit on his mouth and van der poel red as a communist party pamphlet but pogacar was pristine - in both performance and look, i bet my balls are sweatier on a summer day than his TT was today
oh yes, the clean red VDP, first time on TT bike probably this year and less than 30sec down on the doper

In terms of absolute peak performance, I am curious how does he compare to the past performances.

Some examples that all of us know include:

Indurain 95
Riis 96
Ullrich 97
Pantani 98
Lance 2004-2005
Contador 2009
Froome 2013

I think I will slot Pogacar below Indurain and Lance, but ahead of everyone else.

Reactions: Amazinmets87

TRENDING THREADS