• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Targets of grand tour riders in 2020

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think so. If you have to abandon a race for any reason there has to be an extreme strange reason to allow you to enter another race. Apparently one or two riders are currently asking for that to leave the Tour 2-3 days early for the ITT for the Worlds. I suspect if someone DNF's the Giro in week 1 it would be looked at as if you are too injured to continue the Giro you are too injured to start the Vuelta in less than 2 weeks form the date of the injury.

I guess you could argue that this season is an extreme strange reason! And I think they've already been given permision to leave the Tour before the final week in order to focus on the World's ITT; Küng, for starters, has already stated his intention to do that, with no attempts - so far - from ASO to tell him not to.

I know it's a congested season, but why is the Vuelta only 18 stages? Surely if you could squeeze in 18 stages, you could squeeze in another 3? Many already put an asterix alongside the Vuelta as far as being a proper GT is concerned; there shouldn't be actual reasons created unnecessarily to do so.

Because they didn't want to have to go find 3 replacement stages for the ones in the Netherlands? And obviously didn't want to have to bring the whole caravan from the Netherlands to Spain.

TRENDING THREADS