• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

tdf winner was dope doc losa customer? who?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
hesus losa a former doctor on euskatel was investigated by the police. david millar said he supplied him with epo back when he was caught.

the investigation lists losa’s current customers:
“Luis Leon Sanchez and Dani Moreno, Caisse d'Epargne, Russian Kolobnev, Luis Maté, the Diquigiovanni”

“Another customer, has already been erased, it was a winner of the Tour de France, he was "scared ****less" when he saw Moises Duenas tested positive.”

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.as.com/ciclismo/&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

A

Anonymous

Pure speculation about who the "winner" was, but is it possible that the TDF winner was a suprise winner after a long 30min breakaway and subsequent very impressive performance to compete with an american with elevated testosterone levels?

If he is scared sh-tless, then his 2009 results/motivation levels may provide some discussion...

Actually, just checked, it can't be him, he crashed the day before Duenas tested positive... maybe he saw it coming :p

Maybe it was Lance Armstrong :rolleyes:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
lets get the google miesters some TFF (thought for food).

tdf winners between 2001 and 2009

armstrong
(flandis) pereiro
contador twice
sastre

armstrong either deals with ferrari or his american confidants. why would he go to losa for a dope prescription if his mom or another trustee can get a prescription elsewhere. the doc is from spain and the three names above are from spain. dueñas was busted in 2008. if the tfd winner was scared by dueñas why would he be scared a year after, in 2009. that would bypass conta because he was not racing in 2008 and his 2007 win does not fit the scare statement. who’s left?

irrelevant (former) pereiro and sastre. sssstr....? can't be?

and kolobnev is from the clean pristine riis machine. can’t be be! impossible!
(sarcasm off)

python said:
the investigation lists losa’s current customers:
“... Dani Moreno...”

Does Omega Pharma-Lotto have bad luck or what? They signed Kohl, he tested positive. They signed Dekker, same. They just signed Moreno and now we hear about this. My prediction is that Moreno will test positive early next season.

A

Anonymous

Aapjes said:
Does Omega Pharma-Lotto have bad luck or what? They signed Kohl, he tested positive. They signed Dekker, same. They just signed Moreno and now we hear about this. My prediction is that Moreno will test positive early next season.

Yeh it's not great luck for them. They try and sign non-belgians to help Cadel in the mountains and they turn out to be a little 'suspect'.

OP-Lotto management said at the tour presentation that they have signed a few "surprise" riders... Well... ah... surprise!!

Hope it's not true about LL Sanchez, Moreno and Kolobnev

A

Anonymous

python said:
that would bypass conta because he was not racing in 2008 and his 2007 win does not fit the scare statement.

you can still be scared a year on... retroactive testing, continued use of whatever duenas was using..
hang on.. just read the article, you missed a line which makes a fair bit of difference..
"Another customer, who already has been cleared, was a winner of Tour de France, he was "scared ****less" when he saw Moises Duenas tested positive. "Luckily I'm not ambitious and did not take anything that you had given me,""

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
"Another customer, who already has been cleared, was a winner of Tour de France, he was "scared ****less" when he saw Moises Duenas tested positive. "Luckily I'm not ambitious and did not take anything that you had given me,""

Sorry, wrong translation here by Google misled by the bad Spanish writing. The original in Spanish (Otro cliente, que ya se ha borrado) is very ambiguous. 'Borrado' can be translated as cleared, but also as removed. And the verb tense is impersonal, so it could be that the subject in question removed himself (not by others) from the list of customers, a coloquial form for no longer being a customer.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm the Spanish have taken it to a new level. Police investigations, wiretapping phones, intercepting text messages. Although in absence of proof the judge had to suspend these investigations... Have they stepped up to the plate?

One of the messages came from Luis Maté (Diquigiovanni), who called to say I love you... no I mean he called to say: Dude, I dunno what you gave me but

I am having tachycardia and a HR of 237 bpm for half an hour

Apparently he's the cheap guinea pig who gets the experimental stuff...

Say it isn't bad for your health :rolleyes:

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Are you certain that it says Daniel Moreno? I thought that I read somewhere that the Moreno in question was a female athlete.

You are right, Angliru. The Moreno in question is the female cyclist who tested positive for EPO at Beijing Olympics.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Are you certain that it says Daniel Moreno? I thought that I read somewhere that the Moreno in question was a female athlete.

Maybe Maribel Moreno? Spanish cyclist caught for EPO at the 2008 Olympics. AFAIK, she has refused to state who her provider was, but many seem to think it was Losa.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Anyway, where did you get this info from Bala Verde?
it's in the google link i provided in the original post.

edit. just checked the as.com. for some reason the article disappeared. i swear i saw it this morn.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
icefire said:
You are right, Angliru. The Moreno in question is the female cyclist who tested positive for EPO at Beijing Olympics.

I thought the same thing when I saw that, but the article specifically cites both of them. Maribel Moreno as having received her Beijing EPO from Losa, and Dani Moreno of Caisse being a current client of Losa.

My Spanish sucks, but when I read the 'ya se ha borrado' bit, I also thought it just meant he was no longer a client of the good doctor.

I like Carlos and wouldn't want to see him tangled up in something like this. But let's not forget who his boss was when he won his Tour.

HoustonHammer said:
I like Carlos and wouldn't want to see him tangled up in something like this. But let's not forget who his boss was when he won his Tour.
That's how I feel. Same with Periero. Hate to see his name be the one, though he did of course ride for Phonak in 2005.

I mean, if anything, this is showing us a lot of what we already know, or strongly suspect. That little has changed in the last decade.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
They wouldn't be able to strip him of his title would they? Kloden would be the winner then :cool:
Kloden? For how long? The Freiburg stuff is out in the open...
Maybe 2006 is Sastre's 2nd TdF win?
And as a bonus: it would be another 2nd place for Evans :D

TRENDING THREADS