• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 109 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Bernal was flying on Strava KOMs during like the 2nd week of the Giro
you mean he was flying on Strava KOMs 6 days after the "surgery". Someone needs to explain to me how this is possible. The position on a roadbike puts a lot of pressure on the collarbone. Sure you can go on the rollers or so, but only a few days after the surgery going outside and riding all out?

F_Cance said:
Red Rick said:
you mean he was flying on Strava KOMs 6 days after the "surgery". Someone needs to explain to me how this is possible. The position on a roadbike puts a lot of pressure on the collarbone. Sure you can go on the rollers or so, but only a few days after the surgery going outside and riding all out?

Probably because the collarbone is one of the least important bones in the body.

Red Rick said:
F_Cance said:
Red Rick said:

Probably because the collarbone is one of the least important bones in the body.
^^

People who wanna seem smart and intelligent suggesting that Bernal's injury was fake are clueless IMO. Also heard it from the cyclingpodcast (which normally is pretty good), but it just makes zero sense to me.

RedheadDane said:
This Charming Man said:
Just terrible for Geraint, hoping he can race full throttle, in LeTour. Frank Schleck, Tyler Hamilton, Lance Armstrong came back from collerbone injuries and excelled in tour. Hoping ro the best for Geraint.

And it might not even be that bad for G.
I dont mean to be men, but if he recovers from accident and is able to ride tour, it will harden him up....accidents hardened up contador, merckx, etc.

This Charming Man said:
RedheadDane said:
This Charming Man said:
Just terrible for Geraint, hoping he can race full throttle, in LeTour. Frank Schleck, Tyler Hamilton, Lance Armstrong came back from collerbone injuries and excelled in tour. Hoping ro the best for Geraint.

I dont mean to be men, but if he recovers from accident and is able to ride tour, it will harden him up....accidents hardened up contador, merckx, etc.

Hes broken his broken his collar bone and pelvis in the past amongst other things. I'm sure this is no worse

Midnightfright said:
This Charming Man said:
RedheadDane said:
This Charming Man said:

Hes broken his broken his collar bone and pelvis in the past amongst other things. I'm sure this is no worse

Yeah, didn't he ride basically the entire Tour with a fracture in his leg once?

RedheadDane said:
Midnightfright said:
This Charming Man said:
RedheadDane said:
This Charming Man said:

Yeah, didn't he ride basically the entire Tour with a fracture in his leg once?

Hes certainly rode heavily injured. I cant remember exactly what it was though. I would be quite surprised if he didn't start the Tour, its whether or not he will have the fitness/form/recovery to compete that's the question for me

Hope Geraint can start the Tour. We've already been robbed of the Froome vs Geraint spectacle.

D9XPTJlWwCIi-oW.jpg:large

Re:

Leinster said:
He came 2nd to Dumoulin in the Giro TT the day **after** the crash on the stage to Blockhaus that put him out of the race. He’s ridden through pain before, I just doubt it’s an ideal recipe for going into the biggest race of the season.

Yes but did the Blockhaus crash actually happen? Sky could have faked it. I refuse to believe it happened until I meet someone that was splattered with blood from it. /s