• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

deValtos said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Just terrible luck. I was looking forward to seeing how Thomas and Landa were going to do. Then one stupid accident later...

Yea one of the most annoying bits of this crash is we won't know what they were capable of and for these two riders in particular I was very curious because they both had potential to fail or succeed spectacularly.

If Froome/Quintana crash it sucks for them but we know what they're capable of so I don't feel robbed of my questions as much.

Yes that's exactly it. Thomas and Landa were two of the genuine mysteries as far as their GT potential is concerned and now they will be just as mysterious at the end of the race as they were at the start.

while sky are saying the right things, I'd love it if they paced dumoulin when he needs it in the mountains. after movistar mugged them off at the vuelta and again here. Not saying movie star did anything wrong, but a bit of spice would be fun.

Re:

Singer01 said:
while sky are saying the right things, I'd love it if they paced dumoulin when he needs it in the mountains. after movistar mugged them off at the vuelta and again here. Not saying movie star did anything wrong, but a bit of spice would be fun.
Not sure that will happen. It was a Sunweb rider who took out their entire team yesterday after all. And I don't think Sunweb are the most popular team in the peloton anyway for some of their 'negative' tactics.

DFA123 said:
Singer01 said:
Not sure that will happen. It was a Sunweb rider who took out their entire team yesterday after all. And I don't think Sunweb are the most popular team in the peloton anyway for some of their 'negative' tactics.
Muddying the waters are we?

rick james said:
DFA123 said:
Singer01 said:
If you don't think some members of Sky will have discussed amongst themselves the bike handling and line choice of the Sunweb rider, then you don't know pro cyclists.

DFA123 said:
rick james said:
DFA123 said:
Singer01 said:
If you don't think some members of Sky will have discussed amongst themselves the bike handling and line choice of the Sunweb rider, then you don't know pro cyclists.
What the hell do you know about what the Sky riders have discussed?

this was not the riders fault, the fact you're trying to blame them speaks volumes

rick james said:
DFA123 said:
rick james said:
DFA123 said:
Singer01 said:
What the hell do you know about what the Sky riders have discussed?

this was not the riders fault, the fact you're trying to blame them speaks volumes
As suspected, you don't know pro cyclists very well.

I agree it was not mostly the rider's fault. But in my experience of spending some time with some pro teams, riders would fully expect fellow riders to avoid a motorbike parked at the side of the road - they hold each other to very high standards regarding handling and line choice (at least in private). And they remember very well which riders took them down in crashes.

I guess these kind of nuances don't come across so well in the black and white world of Eurosport and Twitter though. :rolleyes:

DFA123 said:
rick james said:
don't start talking about like you know what pro cyclist are like or what they are talking about...you know as much as the rest of us
Ok rick, believe what you want. You obviously can't know whether or not the statement you have made is true.
Besines I know what you want to mean, I dont think this time they are gonna blame a fellow cyclist in this one. They already have someone to blame.

Fernandez said:
DFA123 said:
rick james said:
don't start talking about like you know what pro cyclist are like or what they are talking about...you know as much as the rest of us
Ok rick, believe what you want. You obviously can't know whether or not the statement you have made is true.
Besines I know what you want to mean, I dont think this time they are gonna blame a fellow cyclist in this one. They already have someone to blame.
of Couse they have someone to blame.....the motorbike driver that caused the crash

DFA123 said:
Singer01 said:

Watching the replay a Sky rider effectively squeezed Kelderman into the moto.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts