• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

wheresmybrakes said:
silvergrenade said:
I actually feel sad for some guys at Team Sky. They have such a great pool of riders that some totally deserving guys wouldnt even ride the race.
They should be allowed like 2 teams.

LOL, can you imagine a SKY train 16 riders long in the Tour if SKY was allowed 2 teams. This forum would explode! :lol: :lol:

LoL, excellent idea, that should be implemented! Of course not only in Sky case but also MS? Astana? BMC? Even Movi?
What is a point of riding with such teams as Cofidis, Direct Energie, Fortuneo, Wanty? They are only responsible for a crowd at breakes.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Did someome tell Geraint he is riding the E3 Harelbeke a couple days in a row? This spring classics legend is really killing it with such much talent. Apart from the fact they all look like they have mad cow disease, British ppl are so superior

Don't be pedantic. They already have the strongest team here, and that team strength (paid with big £) pays extra dividend in TTTs. So instead of being perhaps slightly modest towards a team that has 1/3rd of Sky's budget, they start complaining for them actually grabbing an opportunity. A mix of arrogance and entitlement that I find pretty disgusting.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Vasilis said:
I'd say Van Baarle and Castroviejo have secured their spots for the Tour during this race. I'm assuming Kwiatkowski and Moscon too, although they dropped pretty quickly yesterday.
Castroviejo: 'Así, además del oro, ha conseguido buenas sensaciones y mucha motivación de cara al Tour de Francia, donde será parte del ‘8’ del equipo británico. “La preparación ha sido enfocada para el Tour y, sobre todo, para la montaña”, siguió el vizcaíno de 31 años.'

The team. :D
DgX-WRRWkAEv78x.jpg

Tim Booth said:
Vasilis said:
I'd say Van Baarle and Castroviejo have secured their spots for the Tour during this race. I'm assuming Kwiatkowski and Moscon too, although they dropped pretty quickly yesterday.
Castroviejo: 'Así, además del oro, ha conseguido buenas sensaciones y mucha motivación de cara al Tour de Francia, donde será parte del ‘8’ del equipo británico. “La preparación ha sido enfocada para el Tour y, sobre todo, para la montaña”, siguió el vizcaíno de 31 años.'
No comprende

rick james said:
Tim Booth said:
Vasilis said:
No comprende
I don't speak Spanish, but this is what I make of it:
... good feelings and a lot of motivation for the Tour de France, where he will be part of the '8' of the British team. "The preparation ... for the Tour, ... for the mountains, ... 31-year-old.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

rick james said:
Tim Booth said:
Vasilis said:
No comprende
a senior member who has not heard of google translate! what is the world coming to....

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
So, just going from the provisional startlist..

Froome with Olympics, World ITT bronze and countless stage race ITT wins and podiums
Moscon with National Championships Italy ITT (2017), 6th Worlds ITT
Thomas with National Championships Britain ITT (2018), prologue and ITT stage wins
Kwiatkowski with National Championships Poland ITT bronze and silver, prologue wins and ITT stage podiums
Poels meh, top 10 mostly
van Baarle with National Championships Netherlands ITT (2018)
Bernal with National Championships Colombia ITT (2018)
Castroviejo with 4x National Championships Spain ITT (2018, 2017, 2015, 2013), European Champion ITT (2016), bronze Worlds ITT, 4th Olympics ITT, ...

That's 4/8 current ITT champions (5 if Moscon can repeat) and the remainder are just as good. Crazy stacked.

Re:

hazaran said:
So, just going from the provisional startlist..

Froome with Olympics, World ITT bronze and countless stage race ITT wins and podiums
Moscon with National Championships Italy ITT (2017), 6th Worlds ITT
Thomas with National Championships Britain ITT (2018), prologue and ITT stage wins
Kwiatkowski with National Championships Poland ITT bronze and silver, prologue wins and ITT stage podiums
Poels meh, top 10 mostly
van Baarle with National Championships Netherlands ITT (2018)
Bernal with National Championships Colombia ITT (2018)
Castroviejo with 4x National Championships Spain ITT (2018, 2017, 2015, 2013), European Champion ITT (2016), bronze Worlds ITT, 4th Olympics ITT, ...

That's 4/8 current ITT champions (5 if Moscon can repeat) and the remainder are just as good. Crazy stacked.
I don't get the meh part about Poels. He's won an ITT this year in Paris-Nice. But of course the point still stands. The lineup is crazy strong for TTT. Bernal would be by far the weakest link even though he's Colombian NC.

TRENDING THREADS