• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You are right. But they put what 1:30 on him that stage? If same happens this year they go all out if he stays behind and put 5+ minutes. Whoever is in front group will work to distance him. I bet if Roglic and Thomas, Carapaz are ahead, Ineos and Jumbo will work together. I would go that far that splits are biggest threat for Pogacar this year. UAE will really have to be alert all the time.
This!
The mechanics of the race changes completely. Ineos and Jumbo will just go so deep to eliminate him. Simple as that!

Pogacar crashed just before the echelons so was at the back, otherwise he would have been fine and they always go all out when there are echelons, there was not enough kms left to put more time into him.
That was not the point. He can crash, flat or have a mechanic. All those are very possible for any GC contender. That's when you need a good team to protect him for ambushes and cross winds. This year other riders are not going to be as friendly to work with him. Look exactly at what happened in Pais Vasco. Other riders are not stupid enough to work with him anymore. You still need a good team.

Don't get me wrong. Pogacar is the best rider for this Tour by far IMHO. But it can be a liability not to have strong team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So the tour is getting closer and i´m curious about the line-up Ineos will start. Usual train stratgy will not work this year, because of the two slovenian riders, so this year is really the first year, where I personally want a strong Ineos line-up at the tour.

I think clear in the line-up are:

Carapaz
Thomas
Hart
Porte
Kwiatkowski

So there are 3 remaining places for:

Dennis, van Baarle, Amador, A.Yates, Rowe, Sivakov and also Dunbar (appears the second best rider from Ineos at the tour de Suisse)

What do you think? Which riders will they bring?

Last edited:
Reactions: gregrowlerson
So the tour is getting closer and i´m curious about the line-up Ineos will start. Usual train stratgy will not work this year, because of the two slovenian riders, so this year in really the first year, where I personally want a strong Ineos line-up at the tour.

Carapaz
Thomas
Hart
Porte
Kwiatkowski

Dennis, van Baarle, Amador, A.Yates, Rowe, Sivakov and also Dunbar (appears the second best rider from Ineos at the tour de Suisse)

I predict Dennis, Van Baarle and Sivakov.

So everyone at Ineos will be a leader at the Tour except Luke Rowe ??

Seriously I would keep Porte and Carapaz in reserve in first week

Bring Yates and send him up the road
Also TGH

Thomas says he is undisputed leader so I guess he will just follow

Ineos has great riders but they are like a great football team full of superb midfielders when they need a top striker
Carapaz is their best striker and Porte is also up there

Carapaz
Thomas
Porte
Hart
Rowe
Kwiatkowski
Dennis
and either Dunbar or van Baarle, depending on whether they go seriously with three leaders, then they need another mountain domestique, or if they have a real designated leader with the others as B-options, then it should be van Baarle.
Might also switch van Baarle in for Dennis if Dennis' form is not good, I guess we will see today.

That's my guess.

So the tour is getting closer and i´m curious about the line-up Ineos will start. Usual train stratgy will not work this year, because of the two slovenian riders, so this year is really the first year, where I personally want a strong Ineos line-up at the tour.

Carapaz
Thomas
Hart
Porte
Kwiatkowski

Carapaz
Thomas
Porte
Hart
Kwiatkowski
Dennis
Rowe

and one out of van Baarle or Amador.

Yates will not ride the Tour and Sivakov has focused on the Giro and should not be in top shape in July.

• Wow
Carapaz
Thomas
Porte
Hart
Rowe
Kwiatkowski
Dennis
and either Dunbar or van Baarle, depending on whether they go seriously with three leaders, then they need another mountain domestique, or if they have a real designated leader with the others as B-options, then it should be van Baarle.
Might also switch van Baarle in for Dennis if Dennis' form is not good, I guess we will see today.

That's my guess.
I don't think there is any doubt about Dennis. Independent of today. But Dunbar has shown very good form.
The issue is that the places where they can defeat the Slovenians are in the flats. Not the mountains. So they need strength in that area.

I don't know what I find more crazy. The fact that INEOS has dominated and won every single WT stage race this season, where Roglič or Pogačar didn't participate, or that they've been dominated and seemed to have no chance in WT stage races the Slovenians did participate.
So, based on that, we already know what will happens in the tour. Nothing crazy on that, the slovenians are above everyone including ineos.

So, based on that, we already know what will happens in the tour. Nothing crazy on that, the slovenians are above everyone including ineos.

I can understand this. But if Pog or/and Rog crash out/become sick or whatever, their teams have zero other chance of winning the race. Their teams are pretty inferior to Ineos. With the riches of UAE, I would have thought they would have tried to get another GT player in the team just in case. JV not quite as bad as UAE with their team but won't worry Ineos too much, they too rely on Rog for their GT's. Ineos need to be very clever to win this Tour though as they won't have the strongest rider.

I can understand this. But if Pog or/and Rog crash out/become sick or whatever, their teams have zero other chance of winning the race. Their teams are pretty inferior to Ineos. With the riches of UAE, I would have thought they would have tried to get another GT player in the team just in case. JV not quite as bad as UAE with their team but won't worry Ineos too much, they too rely on Rog for their GT's. Ineos need to be very clever to win this Tour though as they won't have the strongest rider.
You're right, no chance if some happens to them. Kuss or majka are not the guys to win the tour.

Agree with:

Carapaz (co-leader)
Thomas (co-leader)
Porte (Super Dom)
Hart (Wild Card / Super Dom)
Rowe (Road Captain + Flats)
Kwiatkowski (Everything)

2 of:
Dennis (Everything, but form TBC)
van Baarle (Flats & Medium Mountain)
Amador (Flats & Medium Mountain)

Pretty sure Rowe will be there after his most recent pod with G.
van Baarle would be my bet as he's been training with the tour team recently.
Amador is the obvious choice to be left out, but Dennis' form at Swisse was relatively poor & he's now leaving...

Reactions: IndianCyclist

TRENDING THREADS