• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

What I do know is that Axel seems to think non-road categories should always be included, even when it's clearly only road races that are being considered.

Huh... PCS has 483 road races, but that would only leave 17 off-road wins between Pidcock and PFP...

Pidcock hasn't won many CX races, and I don't think PFP has any, so 17 doesn't sound unlikely.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

What I do know is that Axel seems to think non-road categories should always be included, even when it's clearly only road races that are being considered.

Huh... PCS has 483 road races, but that would only leave 17 off-road wins between Pidcock and PFP...
They tweeted it themselves......I'm sure they know. And why shouldn't non-road be included?

They've won 4 XCO races already this year; 3 for PFP, and 1 for Pidcock...

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Well that was better than I expected at least. Sheffield was looking good in DDV before being caught in the big crash so maybe not too surprising. Tarling went down in the feed zone crash but recovered well. Not sure how well he rides the actual cobbles but he certainly seems to have the engine for these races. Turner was looking good first time over the Paterberg but faded badly.

Reactions: xo 1
Rod Eilingworth reflects on the Sky years -
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...orth-reflects-on-ineos-grenadiers-gc-downfall
Appearing on a recent episode of Sigma Sports presents Matt Stephens Unplugged, former Team Sky/Ineos tactician Rod Eilingworth looked back on the highs and lows of his cumulative 13 years with British WorldTeam and offered an insight into the team's underperformance in recent seasons.

"I think we felt like we had a system, it was like 'here is this system, run them through the system and they'll come out Tour de France champions on the other end," Ellingworth told Stephens. "It doesn't work like that, you've got to keep adapting. I think, yes, maybe there were a couple of years there where we just ran the same system in a way and it eventually caught up with us."

Reactions: TourOfSardinia