• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1051 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Velonews have attempted to untangle it as well. They say it's apparently not an ABP issue, but then also seem contradict themselves too.

Having now read the Gazzetta piece, the CN piece, and the VN piece - there still seem to be unanswered questions, many of which I think come from the confusing wording of the press release. Hopefully someone will print a follow up article with clarifications from Sky about some of this. Things like Martin's point about Sky being the ones to contact the UCI, etc. Clarifying the details would help with better understanding Sky's guilt or innocence in all this.

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
So how is this for a theory:
- WADA OOC test Henao
- Values are suspicious
- Somehow Sky finds out
- Sky ask WADA for time as they want to do research/make excuses* before the test is official declared an anomalous value
- Sky inform the UCI, presumably an attempt to get ahead of the story - they don't want another JTL
- Henao's agent leaks the story - I can't imagine why..

Is that about the point we reached?

I have no idea the time frame this could have take place over.

* delete as you feel appropriate

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Wrong.
You are here.
You are offering an alternative (sensible) arguement.
You are a Sky fan.

LOL: Could be......contagious conjecture.

Remember when you posted one of those "Downfall" parody videos regarding Lance/The Hog? Shouldn't you been posting one regarding Brailsford/Henao/Sky .........oh wait you're a Sky fan

fraserhughes said:
So how is this for a theory:
- WADA OOC test Henao
- Values are suspicious
- Somehow Sky finds out
- Sky ask WADA for time as they want to do research/make excuses* before the test is official declared an anomalous value
- Sky inform the UCI, presumably an attempt to get ahead of the story - they don't want another JTL
- Henao's agent leaks the story - I can't imagine why..

Is that about the point we reached?

I have no idea the time frame this could have take place over.

* delete as you feel appropriate

That's the way Gazetta describes it.

The surprise test which apparently now can test for new "parameters" unseen before.

I'm not sure how Sky became aware so quickly and were able to holt the process with the UCI. But the UCI appear to be inserting themselves in between rider and WADA.

Henao has his side and we shouldn't just listen to Sky.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:

The surprise test which apparently now can test for new "parameters" unseen before.

I'm not sure how Sky became aware so quickly and were able to holt the process with the UCI. But the UCI appear to be inserting themselves in between rider and WADA.

So UCI or WADA is after Sky ? We should wait for the Froome thing to explode any time now right ?

The new surprise test that didn't catch anyone in the last 6 months ?

Or maybe you have no clue what you are talking about and twist things out of your ***? Most likely.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Weird.

Backpain for Froome
Illness for Porte
Henao off their roster
Dombrowski hasn't raced yet still.
Hagen ill in PN

It almost looks suspicious

Now when I travel I always take my own pillow, and wash my hands very often. I am never sick.

Given Sky's mastery of marginal gains, this could indeed look suspicious as they should never be sick or injured.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Damage limitation by Sky a possibility. It depends really on your take on it.
How long would we have to wait if they didn't release something?
It looks like they are preparing to explain away the values due to his living /training at altitude.
It won't work but worth a shot.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sergio-henao-taken-off-sky-roster-due-to-test-anomalies
According to the team Henao will undergo what they have described as an altitude research programme.

So Sky does not UNDERSTAND THE EFFECTS OF ALTITUDE?!?!?!?!?

Henao will now go back to his native Colombia, to undergo further testing to understand the significance of these levels.

And because he had questionable test values AT ALTITUDE....he is going to....ALTITUDE????? You'd think a more controlled environment would be in order.

Wild wacky stuff.

frenchfry said:
Now when I travel I always take my own pillow, and wash my hands very often. I am never sick.

Given Sky's mastery of marginal gains, this could indeed look suspicious as they should never be sick or injured.

Sounds very complex. Not something for the pseudo scientists. I'd leave this for the Sky and the UCI to work out. Doesn't really concern us.

Minor Point

WADA themselves don't do testing.

They set standards, define test methods ensure compliance, and generally assist RADO (regional anti-doping organisations) and base.maintain the ADAMS data. They do the observer missions to main events (like Olympics and Tdf)

As well as education, outreach etc type activites.

If there was an OOC test it was done by (well at the behest of) the UCI, by a national anti-doping body, or by the team.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Minor Point

They set standards, define test methods ensure compliance, and generally assist RADO (regional anti-doping organisations) and base.maintain the ADAMS data. They do the observer missions to main events (like Olympics and Tdf)

If there was an OOC test it was done by (well at the behest of) the UCI, by a national anti-doping body, or by the team.

That would seem to be a major point pulling the rug from underneath any suggestion of a WADA, SKY, UCI three way

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
EnacheV said:
and what exactly they must believe ? Sky, UCI, the entire word vs few talibans here twisting things in something that isn't?

What I really find amazing is going through your stats.

Isn´t it striking that the only times you post in the clinic is when SKY is in the public eye, and always to troll and defend the team.

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:

Thanks, glad I was reading it right.

Bolded is a key question for me?

TailWindHome said:
That would seem to be a major point pulling the rug from underneath any suggestion of a WADA, SKY, UCI three way

Except anti-doping is mostly powerless anyway. They basically process tests ordered by others.

My crackpot theory is Sky/BC + UCI + ASO. ASO has probably gained the most behind the UCI's Olympics revenue payout..

Catwhoorg said:
Minor Point

You are confused.

WADA do test for OOC only. Not in-competition.

thehog said:

Hog: Where are you getting some of this stuff from?
I've gone through the Gazzetta article and the one here, but I'm not finding a lot of the detail you are posting.:confused:

fraserhughes said:
Thanks, glad I was reading it right.

Bolded is a key question for me?

Agreed. The Gazetta article doesn't explain that portion.

Reading between the lines from the Italian article just the fact he was tested "by surprise" was enough for Sky to ask questions and take it up with the UCI. But its a short article with not a lot of detail.

But it does say there was "analysis" on the sample. The claim is the "adverse" element is from high altitude but that doesn't make a lot of sense because the entire team is at altitude! (Or thereabouts).

TRENDING THREADS