• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1297 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

aarnold517 said:
Nick C. said:
Thomas is like a mini-Merckx this spring. He is thrashing on all terrains from Paris-Nice to Milan-San Remo and now Belgium.

This is what makes GT suspicioius to me at the moment. He's been making incremental progress year-by-year both climbing and in the classics, and so that in itself is not as surprising to me. What is surprising is that someone that is capable of staying with richie porte on a mountain-top finish (the same richie porte who is in good enough form to drop arguably the best climber of his generation) is also capable of dropping all of the big classics riders (except stybar and sagan and the injured boonen and cancellara) only a few short weeks later. It's not that surprising or suspicious that he is climbing well in a one-week race or doing well in the classics, it's surprising and suspicious that he's doing both of them so well at the same time

Exactly.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

aarnold517 said:
Nick C. said:
Thomas is like a mini-Merckx this spring. He is thrashing on all terrains from Paris-Nice to Milan-San Remo and now Belgium.

This is what makes GT suspicioius to me at the moment. He's been making incremental progress year-by-year both climbing and in the classics, and so that in itself is not as surprising to me. What is surprising is that someone that is capable of staying with richie porte on a mountain-top finish (the same richie porte who is in good enough form to drop arguably the best climber of his generation) is also capable of dropping all of the big classics riders (except stybar and sagan and the injured boonen and cancellara) only a few short weeks later. It's not that surprising or suspicious that he is climbing well in a one-week race or doing well in the classics, it's surprising and suspicious that he's doing both of them so well at the same time

expect big things from Kiri, chased down Clentador yesterday at the end of the climb, towing Richie

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Nick C. said:
So every race is now some Sky rider(s) breaking away from the field for an eventual solo. This must be what it was like back when Gewiss(?) was rampaging. It's getting harder and harder to give a s***.

No its not, Gewiss had 3 in top 3, like QS the other day. Sky haven't managed that yet.

later, gentlemen, though we've seen the first rehearsal during MSR (with SkyFall tactics as a bonus)

May 26, 2010
Visit site

SkyTears said:
TheSpud said:
JimmyFingers said:
the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:
Haha hilarious when a Sky wins and it throws this forum into apoplexy. Two pro-conti riders win a semi-classic and not even a murmur. Yet we are supposed to take you seriously. Thomas, what a cheating c*** he is, having the temerity to win a race.

Yes, no one takes the clinic seriously, it's all a bunch of conspiracy theories and jeaous brit haters.

So why do you bother coming to this forum? I don't get it.

Glad you acknowledge it. It's some morbid fanscination I suppose, always entertaining to come in here and watch the reaction to a Sky win, in complete contrast to when anyone else does. Oh unless it Stannard, he gets a clinic pass.

Makes me laugh too.

Perform all year - must be doping.
Have variable performances - must be doping.
Pull out because ill - must be doping.
Have a bad day - must the doping wearing off.

it will be a fun year here, i just hope the sceptic/bennoti/sniper can cope with the incoming Sky success :D

Which banned returning sockpuppet are you?

Check out other threads you'll see the sceptic/bennoti/sniper have coped till now.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
Just settling down to a replay of the race. Looking forward to a glowing Thomas smashing every other doper racing. Gotta love cycling.

How did Thomas smash the dopers Jimmy?

With his pillow case......

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
All joking aside the crash in E3 was horrible, only wish all the best for the riders involved, and the others who put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. Even if some of them are c****

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
All joking aside the crash in E3 was horrible, only wish all the best for the riders involved, and the others who put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. Even if some of them are c****

Wiggins didn't ride E3. ;)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thomas winning not nearly as suspicious as Froome imo. But the notion that he won clean is also nonsense. You do not beat doped riders clean. Unless the whole peloton is clean which is laughable

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

bewildered said:
Thomas winning not nearly as suspicious as Froome imo. But the notion that he won clean is also nonsense. You do not beat doped riders clean. Unless the whole peloton is clean which is laughable

He was the only one able to follow Porte, in top form, on a climb in Paris Nice. On a CLIMB.

And winning a semi cobbled classic now?

Hysterical

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

SkyTears said:
TheSpud said:
JimmyFingers said:
the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:
Haha hilarious when a Sky wins and it throws this forum into apoplexy. Two pro-conti riders win a semi-classic and not even a murmur. Yet we are supposed to take you seriously. Thomas, what a cheating c*** he is, having the temerity to win a race.

Yes, no one takes the clinic seriously, it's all a bunch of conspiracy theories and jeaous brit haters.

So why do you bother coming to this forum? I don't get it.

Glad you acknowledge it. It's some morbid fanscination I suppose, always entertaining to come in here and watch the reaction to a Sky win, in complete contrast to when anyone else does. Oh unless it Stannard, he gets a clinic pass.

Makes me laugh too.

it will be a fun year here, i just hope the sceptic/bennoti/sniper can cope with the incoming Sky success :D

thanks joachump

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site

aarnold517 said:
Nick C. said:

My thoughts exactly, and the results in the win column so far indicate Sky are streets ahead of anyone else...

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

peloton said:
bewildered said:

He was the only one able to follow Porte, in top form, on a climb in Paris Nice. On a CLIMB.

And winning a semi cobbled classic now?

Hysterical

On a climb? A CLIMB? In Paris-Nice? Un-believable

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

TheSpud said:

LOLZ. Great and (almost) complete summary of the clinic. I would just add that this rules only apply for Sky riders. Nieve and Poels are great examples: You never heard the clinic complaining about their past (good) results, but if they have a single good day with Sky, its monstrous dope that got them there.
The clinic? One big joke, but always nice to come back here to read the latest gossip with a smirk on the face.

Re:

bewildered said:

Sorry but this is BS. Clean riders can and do beat doped riders.

Thomas problem is that being part of the Sky setup means that there is a cloud / question mark around his performances. He has been a consistent performer in the spring classics so no surprises there. However his newfound climbing legs do raise suspicions.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
TheSpud said:

LOLZ. Great and (almost) complete summary of the clinic. I would just add that this rules only apply for Sky riders. Nieve and Poels are great examples: You never heard the clinic complaining about their past (good) results, but if they have a single good day with Sky, its monstrous dope that got them there.
The clinic? One big joke, but always nice to come back here to read the latest gossip with a smirk on the face.

As a matter of interest what WAS your opinion when Lance and Postal were burning up the Tour? Were you appalled and wondered "What's the f**k is going on here?" Or did you buy the marginal gains, never tested positive, I've too much to loose if I test positive etc

Bottom line is Sky has well surpassed the Lance and US Postal level of suspicion and you may smirk but there is one big elephant in the room and burying your head in the sand does not mean he does not exist. Sky are at best suspicious and at worst (and probably more than likely) rotten to the core.

Re: Sky

My beef was the way he got dropped on the Paterberg only to suddenly magically appear at the leading bunch just after with hardly a deep breath from him in sight!

Suddnely he's smashing it on the Kwaremont and then spends most of the time of the 3 breakaway riders on the front doing most of the work for 40kmish? Then 4km out he smashes it again and drops Stybar like he's just a sunday rider out with his other pal Sagan

But of course its his track pedigree that always him to do that. Yeh of course.

I did like Thomas, but his reaction to the CIRC report was a smash in the face. How dare they point the finger. Cycling is cleans, especially us Brits and Sky. How dare you Cookson, havent you spoke to your son or Walsh?

F@ck off.

Re:

JimmyFingers said:
might have something to do with the fact that 2 pro conti riders winning isn't accompanied by your gloats and baits.

In any case only a fraction of people who came to the clinic to express their displeasure at sky's cheating and lies during the 2012 and 13 tdfs have come here to do so with any of the sky wins so far. "Throws the forum into apoplexy" is quite the exaggeration.

Re: Sky

MartinGT said:
My beef was the way he got dropped on the Paterberg only to suddenly magically appear at the leading bunch just after with hardly a deep breath from him in sight!

Suddnely he's smashing it on the Kwaremont and then spends most of the time of the 3 breakaway riders on the front doing most of the work for 40kmish? Then 4km out he smashes it again and drops Stybar like he's just a sunday rider out with his other pal Sagan

But of course its his track pedigree that always him to do that. Yeh of course.

I did like Thomas, but his reaction to the CIRC report was a smash in the face. How dare they point the finger. Cycling is cleans, especially us Brits and Sky. How dare you Cookson, havent you spoke to your son or Walsh?

F@ck off.

With Thomas the most telling to me has always been his reaction to the news in 2012 that usada was going to investigate lance. Rather than happy like someone genuinely antidoping would be, he was angry that they wouldn't leave the champion alone.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Makes me laugh too.

are you saying all riders should respond similarly to doping?
that'd be foolish.
more likely is that different riders use different programs, and respond differently to different kinds of dope.
doping will allow some to go full genius all year, but others will get sick after a peak. Some seem to have mastered the art of doping to the extent that they manage to peak all year, or peak only for their beloved races.
Variables such as natural hematocrit, weight, etc, play a role and ensure that different riders use different combinations of PEDs and respond differently to different PEDs.
timing is also important. some peak too early, while doping in the off-season.
And some dope both ooc and ic, others only ooc.
Some riders improve dramatically when they switch teams, suggesting they respond better to a different treatment.
One of the main objectives of the clinic, imo, is to discuss all that variation in performance from a doping perspective. To try and figure out how different performance patterns correlate with PEDs.
If you got a problem with that, rest assured, there's other places you can go to.