• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1296 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
So every race is now some Sky rider(s) breaking away from the field for an eventual solo. This must be what it was like back when Gewiss(?) was rampaging. It's getting harder and harder to give a s***.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Team Sky rules and it seems to hurt the 24/7 clinic bots, which makes the success of Team Sky even more enjoyable. Greetings from Finland mates :)

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Bernie's eyesore said:
Looks like Sky are going to win the lot this year. G's transformation has been utterly ridiculous and I say that as someone who has been a fan of his throughout his career. The way he got distanced on the Paterberg (due to poor positioning) but then just closed the gap and immediately dropped all bar two riders on the Kwaremont was pretty scary. He will probably win Flanders and Roubaix now as well, he is so strong he looks like he can just drop anyone whenever he feels like it.

I can't imagine a rider having a less dramatic transformation.
He won the Junior Paris Roubaix in 2004.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraint_Thomas

The Hitch is right. There are many reasons to suspect Sky (in particular Froome) of doping, but some postings are just stupid.

Unless your being sarcastic in which case Whoosh! :)

Re:

Bernie's eyesore said:
Looks like Sky are going to win the lot this year. G's transformation has been utterly ridiculous and I say that as someone who has been a fan of his throughout his career. The way he got distanced on the Paterberg (due to poor positioning) but then just closed the gap and immediately dropped all bar two riders on the Kwaremont was pretty scary. He will probably win Flanders and Roubaix now as well, he is so strong he looks like he can just drop anyone whenever he feels like it.

It's not like he beat out a Cancellara or Boonen mono-e-mono. Vanmarcke had tech problems, Sagan isn't super-sagan. Stybar is savvy but just not as good.

That being said, he had a lot left in the tank.

I wish we could see him go alien with Boonen and Canc though. The show he put on at PN with Porte was something else.

I expect another 50k solo ftw.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

TailWindHome said:
Bernie's eyesore said:

The Hitch is right. There are many reasons to suspect Sky (in particular Froome) of doping, but some postings are just stupid.

Are you actually suggesting that Thomas isn't much better this year than he was last year?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha hilarious when a Sky wins and it throws this forum into apoplexy. Two pro-conti riders win a semi-classic and not even a murmur. Yet we are supposed to take you seriously. Thomas, what a cheating c*** he is, having the temerity to win a race.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
Haha hilarious when a Sky wins and it throws this forum into apoplexy. Two pro-conti riders win a semi-classic and not even a murmur. Yet we are supposed to take you seriously. Thomas, what a cheating c*** he is, having the temerity to win a race.

Yes, no one takes the clinic seriously, it's all a bunch of conspiracy theories and jeaous brit haters.

So why do you bother coming to this forum? I don't get it.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Bernie's eyesore said:
TailWindHome said:
Bernie's eyesore said:

Are you actually suggesting that Thomas isn't much better this year than he was last year?

His balance has improved certainly

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:

Yes, no one takes the clinic seriously, it's all a bunch of conspiracy theories and jeaous brit haters.

Glad you acknowledge it. It's some morbid fanscination I suppose, always entertaining to come in here and watch the reaction to a Sky win, in complete contrast to when anyone else does. Oh unless it Stannard, he gets a clinic pass.

the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:

Why do you bother?

Bernie's eyesore said:
TailWindHome said:
Bernie's eyesore said:

are you suggesting that a rider moving from 3rd one year to 1st the next, in the same race is much better?

Re:

Nick C. said:
Thomas is like a mini-Merckx this spring. He is thrashing on all terrains from Paris-Nice to Milan-San Remo and now Belgium.

This is what makes GT suspicioius to me at the moment. He's been making incremental progress year-by-year both climbing and in the classics, and so that in itself is not as surprising to me. What is surprising is that someone that is capable of staying with richie porte on a mountain-top finish (the same richie porte who is in good enough form to drop arguably the best climber of his generation) is also capable of dropping all of the big classics riders (except stybar and sagan and the injured boonen and cancellara) only a few short weeks later. It's not that surprising or suspicious that he is climbing well in a one-week race or doing well in the classics, it's surprising and suspicious that he's doing both of them so well at the same time

JimmyFingers said:
the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:

Glad you acknowledge it. It's some morbid fanscination I suppose, always entertaining to come in here and watch the reaction to a Sky win, in complete contrast to when anyone else does. Oh unless it Stannard, he gets a clinic pass.

Makes me laugh too.

Perform all year - must be doping.
Have variable performances - must be doping.
Pull out because ill - must be doping.
Have a bad day - must the doping wearing off.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

TheSpud said:
JimmyFingers said:
the sceptic said:
JimmyFingers said:

Makes me laugh too.

Perform all year - must be doping.
Have variable performances - must be doping.
Pull out because ill - must be doping.
Have a bad day - must the doping wearing off.

it will be a fun year here, i just hope the sceptic/bennoti/sniper can cope with the incoming Sky success :D

mini merckx..........................i like that! g would too............he has good sense of humour............look at those sunglasses.......what? g thinks they are cool............

team sky of course are not all british so it's a shame some play that card.........................that brit's don't dope nugget may be likened to brits being 100% honest...............cos in britain there is no need for prisons

Mark L