• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Agression and hypomania - You'd think Wiggins was doing andro. But then one look at his upper arms convinces you that it is not the case...

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Even a blind fanboy like acf admits that evans could be doping. But no teamsky will never dope.

Jumping to conclusions now are we? Making fun of ridiculous ways to demonize Wiggo and Sky, doesn't mean one is sure sky riders aren't doping.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Ok good, most of the sky fans were saying " sky will never dope". Apology.

Given cyclings dark history of doping, anyone saying he/she is absolutely certain Wiggo and Fromme aren't doping can't be taken seriously. That would not be a rational standpoint.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Frosty said:
Really? Porte was too tired to go to a press conference yesterday according to Phil and Paul

At about 2.30 he talks about how Porte was upset. The talk about Rogers was that he had been cut up by Cadel. Just said there was a lot of tension.

why he was upset? I just don't understand. Supposedly he did a fantastic job today

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Frosty said:
Maybe he wants the yellow helmets back?:confused:

it was just bizarre, in normal situation if you did a wonderful job today, you should feel happy and joy, can't wait to go to conference room to brag how good I am today:p

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
why he was upset? I just don't understand. Supposedly he did a fantastic job today

He checked out cyclingnews.com forums, and could read that his 'fantastic job' today was further proof of systematic doping at Team Sky, that he himself was **** and a nobody prior to 2012, etc.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Montanus said:
He checked out cyclingnews.com forums, and could read that his 'fantastic job' today was further proof of systematic doping at Team Sky, that he himself was **** and a nobody prior to 2012, etc.

:D you are not that serious after all:p

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Grand Tourist said:
He's insufferable now isn't he? Arrogant, obnoxious, conceited & not the kind of person I'd want to have a pint with.

it's all gone to his head. He'll get worse if he wins. Huge amounts of adulation & cash will be flung at him which will inevitably have a corrosive effect on his behaviour.

In 2010 just after his 4th place in the TDF I was asked to present the Jersey,s and medals at the British TT champs. Now obviously there was a lot going on for him so soon after the TDF and I didn't expect much of a acknowledgement but his arrogance was a bit of a shock. I felt like somat he,d wipe of the bottom of his shoe.
For the record, the reason I was asked was back in the 80,s I,d been British 25 mile TT champ 4 years running and twice Individual Pursuit Champ.
No were near his level.. different era entirely.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
un huh....seems totally relaxed to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzHmhgjL2pc

Funny, I remember Phil Liggett saying that Flandis' "angry victory salute" was in retrospect a clear example of testosterone use. Wonder what he thinks of that video?
I can see Wigans being upset at the camera guy for being so careless, but that was over the top. Not like he didn't have ample room to brake and move.

maxmartin said:
According to this Porte and Roger are not happy today. And SKY ask Porte not to take any interviews after the stage.
Porte should be thrilled today. A relative nobody who shelled GC contenders and single-handedly chased down the Nibali/Sagan tandem. What's to be upset about? :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
In 2010 just after his 4th place in the TDF I was asked to present the Jersey,s and medals at the British TT champs. Now obviously there was a lot going on for him so soon after the TDF and I didn't expect much of a acknowledgement but his arrogance was a bit of a shock. I felt like somat he,d wipe of the bottom of his shoe.
For the record, the reason I was asked was back in the 80,s I,d been British 25 mile TT champ 4 years running and twice Individual Pursuit Champ.

It would seem Wiggins has no longer an appreciation for what went before 1999 and after 2005.

25tt champ 4 years not to be sniffed at Darryl. Chapeau.

ps good article on Darryl here for those who are recent to the sport

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=9207

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey Darryl, it wouldn't have been because he saw you as somebody who, "can’t ever imagine applying themselves to anything in their lives" :rolleyes::rolleyes: Different eras indeed.

Darryl Webster said:

Not nice at all. At all. Out of interest Darryl, and I wish I could remember but did you ride the crit in Edinburgh when Robert Millar also rode? 1989 I think? Millar flying in the day after Amstel? I may have photos of you if you did if I can find them:)

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
ferryman said:
Not nice at all. At all. Out of interest Darryl, and I wish I could remember but did you ride the crit in Edinburgh when Robert Millar also rode? 1989 I think? Millar flying in the day after Amstel? I may have photos of you if you did if I can find them:)

Not in 89 Ferryman..88 The Tour Of Britain started there IIRC. I finished 8th on GC.

Darryl Webster said:
Not in 89 Ferryman..88 The Tour Of Britain started there IIRC. I finished 8th on GC.

Darryl respectto you firstly. You're being too modest.
But in a way it doesn't matter what you have achieved or not achieved, you try treat people with some kind of respect when you meet them anyway. Especially in that context.
I remember the 2010 team presentations. The announcer said to Bradley, 'new hairstyle.' The announcer was bald. Bradley turns around, totally serious, 'at least i have hair.' Everyone is there looking at him thinking where the f*** did that come from and what warranted it.

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
Darryl respectto you firstly. You're being too modest.
But in a way it doesn't matter what you have achieved or not achieved, you try treat people with some kind of respect when you meet them anyway. Especially in that context.
I remember the 2010 team presentations. The announcer said to Bradley, 'new hairstyle.' The announcer was bald. Bradley turns around, totally serious, 'at least i have hair.' Everyone is there looking at him thinking where the f*** did that come from and what warranted it.

and all this has to do with what?

mastersracer said:
and all this has to do with what?
Wiggins being such a pleasnat fellow.
Or the time a UK photographer came over to a training camp in Europe to take his picture. Would take five mins tops. Wiggins made him wait two days.
Then he said no I;m not doing it, I've not shaved, good luck.
Guy had to go back to UK without his job done, eventhough it had been agreed.

Darryl Webster said:
Cheers for replying DW but I was remembering a one off crit (part of the series at that time) outside the Tour of Britain. Millar was there, I took loads of photos and just wondered if you were captured (if you were near the front);)