• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Exactly.

So they hire him for the demands of the toughest races such as the TdF, but he is not there to apply 'his detailed knowledge.' (Saddle sores and such....; because they are so easy to treat from a distance.)

In other words, it's a fluff response.

spot on
:D

This just in ...

Many have heard that a great deal of pro cyclists have some form of asthma and use inhalers.

Well ...

It turns out that 4 riders at Sky have absorbed twins in their system and had been lying about how heavy they actually were out of shame. Each of them was carrying 60-80 lbs of additional weight. However, the recent introduction of beet juice has resulted in large bowel movements in which they all literally sh@t out their twins. With 60-80 lbs less weight, and one less mouth to feed, they are now all literally twice as good as before.

Boy, I am glad I believe in miracles :)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Exactly.

So they hire him for the demands of races such as the TdF, but he is not there to apply 'his detailed knowledge.' (Saddle sores and such....; because they are so easy to treat from a distance)

In other words, it's a fluff response.

Reputational risk. Having him there could create chaos I guess. He is probably on Skype, instructing other doctors on the team what do. High tech ****. ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Montanus said:
Reputational risk. Having him there could create chaos I guess. He is probably on Skype, instructing other doctors on the team what do. High tech ****. ;)

I have called them team SKYPE before ;)

I hope they don't turn out to be team SkyPED though.

tsophoto said:
I hear that Wiggins has been working on his speech for the final podium in Paris, 'I'm sorry that you can't dream big. I'm sorry that you don't believe in miracles...' :p

Wigans' speech would be a bit different.

"********. I have something to say to you ****ing ****ers before you lazy ****s go back to your miserable lives. You ****s are jealous of me because none of you *******s ever worked hard at ****ing anything. Your spite and bile are disgusting. ********! I now understand what my good friend Lance Armstrong has had to put up with all these years. Well, **** you. **** you all. I am sorry you cannot believe in ****ing miracles, ****s. This is one hell of a ****ing race. This is a great ****ing sporting event and you idle ****ers should stand around and believe it. You *******s should believe in me. ****ing ****s. I'll be a fan of the ****ing Tour de ****ing France as long as I ****ing live. There are no secrets, ****s. That is why I saw no reason to have Paul Kimmage, that ****, that low life omerta breaking ****ing **** of a scribbler, anywhere near me or my ****ing team. This is a hard sporting event and hard work--something you ****ing ****s know nothing about--wins it. So Vive le ****ing Tour forever! That's all, mother****ers."

"Now, give me my ****ing trophy."

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This is not about doping. We’re pushing the guys to their limits, so we need to look after them. It’s about genuine medical practice.
I'm struggling to decide what "genuine medical practice" is in this context.
it is possible they may have some methods may or may not categorized as doping in the future
I guess it's the word "genuine" that I'm puzzling over. If the word was "legitimate" then it would clearly exclude doping. But isn't doping "genuine" medical practice?

brodeal said:
wigans' speech would be a bit different.

"********. I have something to say to you ****ing ****ers before you lazy ****s go back to your miserable lives. You ****s are jealous of me because none of you *******s ever worked hard at ****ing anything. Your spite and bile are disgusting. ********! I now understand what my good friend lance armstrong has had to put with all these years. Well, **** you. **** you all. I am sorry you cannot believe in ****ing miracles, ****s. This is one hell of a ****ing race. This is a great ****ing sporting event and you idle ****ers should stand around and believe it. You *******s should believe in me. ****ing ****s. I'll be a fan of the ****ing tour de ****ing france as long as i ****ing live. There are no secrets, ****s. That is why i saw no reason to have paul kimmage, that ****, that low life omerta breaking ****ing **** of a scribbler, anywhere near me or my ****ing team. This is a hard sporting event and hard work--something you ****ing ****s know nothing about--wins it. So vive le ****ing tour forever! That's all, mother****ers."

"now, give me my ****ing trophy."

lmfao :d

Wiggins was never like this when he was an Olympic Champion. He’s always been a fairly approachable and well spoken guy. But now he’s turned into mini-Lance but I would think even worse. What worries me most is he has the drug-swagger going on. It reminds me of friends who’ve turned to recreational drug use. After a while they talk differently, the act differently, they get new friends. They get very aggressive thinking that nothing can stop them and that no one else understands what it’s like to be them. With Lance I can understand. He was born aggressive. It’s in his nature. But Wiggins is not like this. It’s not him. I still predict a big fall. Not sure what it is yet but there will be one. There always is.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Wiggins was never like this when he was an Olympic Champion. He’s always been a fairly approachable and well spoken guy. But now he’s turned into mini-Lance but I would think even worse. What worries me most is he has the drug-swagger going on. It reminds me of friends who’ve turned to recreational drug use. After a while they talk differently, the act differently, they get new friends. They get very aggressive thinking that nothing can stop them and that no one else understands what it’s like to be them. With Lance I can understand. He was born aggressive. It’s in his nature. But Wiggins is not like this. It’s not him. I still predict a big fall. Not sure what it is yet but there will be one. There always is.

Did he get doping questions when he won the olympics?

In all the interviews I have seen with him on Eurosport during TdF he seems very relaxed and is well-spoken. When he took yellow he even became a bit emotional.

It's the doping questions that upsets him, otherwise he is his usual self imo.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Montanus said:

In all the interviews I have seen with him on Eurosport during TdF he seems very relaxed and is well-spoken. When he took yellow he even became a bit emotional.

So in your opinion he only gets defensive and irate when talking about doping?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah .... Wiggins is ironically living up to his "Wiggo" nickname . In America we have a slang term called "wiggin' out" .... which means an emotional melt down. It seems he's living his nickname. Yeah... this will be an interesting couple of weeks ... I sense a crash and burn also... when and where who knows .... but it feels like a volcano is going erupt .

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Montanus said:

un huh....seems totally relaxed to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzHmhgjL2pc

Funny, I remember Phil Liggett saying that Flandis' "angry victory salute" was in retrospect a clear example of testosterone use. Wonder what he thinks of that video?

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Thanks, Dr. Freud, but maybe some of it has to do with the additional pressure of the Tour, building his long-term goals around winning (his auto-bio is revealing on this part), knowing it could be over in a second like last year when he crashed out, and the pressure of leading for the remainder of the race.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Montanus said:
I watch the Tour on France 2 on the internet (Brit living in the Netherlands).
He was gratuitously rude to a France 2 interviewer (who are uniformly respectful - in some cases obsequious would be a better word - to riders). It was the kind of flippant humour that would play well to a British audience, but stands out quite sharply against both the French and other nationality riders interviewed. He's also p!ssed off Nibali for being 'disrespectful' (can't find the article now) - makes Nibali look whingy for complaining, but it's part of the 'swagger'.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Sounds like Bernie and Cav are on the outa program. I still think Cav will be the one to shout first.

Cav toed the line vis a vis Wiggins' foul mouthed outburst & has said he's happy for his ambitions to be sacrificed in exchange for the yellow jersey. That being said I bet he & Eisel are wondering what the hell they've got themselves involved in.

thehog said:

He's insufferable now isn't he? Arrogant, obnoxious, conceited & not the kind of person I'd want to have a pint with.

it's all gone to his head. He'll get worse if he wins. Huge amounts of adulation & cash will be flung at him which will inevitably have a corrosive effect on his behaviour.