• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 891 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mikkemus23 said:
Lol at Porte taking the **** when attacking after that pull...

1-2 MT finish. When did this happen last, anyone?

:eek::mad:

Schlecklets galibier

roundabout said:
1_71.jpg

Libertine Seguros said:
In Le Tour? 2008, Piepoli and Cobo for Saunier Duval, Piepoli later getting DQed for CERA.

OMG. I know something yall dont :D

I could actually get behind McQuiad if he cleaned THIS up! It may be the only hope we have of even a semi-clean peloton in the future. I though after last year all the GC riders would be back to "Top form" but after 17 years of watching cycling and being a cynical old man even I wasn't prepared for this..
With Pat desperate to hold on to some power within cycling this may unfortunately be the time to embrace the devil we know. Even the first mountain stage of the 2008 tour had more credibility than this and I have always seen that as the most laughable performance Ive seen

Puckfiend said:
Well, today's stage of the Tour de Farce sure opened up my July social calendar!

I'll give it a look tomorrow but if I see the Sky Train riding tempo again that will definitely give me some spare time too.
Hell I'll probably watch the tennis anyway.
Sky is beyond a joke!

SecomBe said:
I could actually get behind McQuiad if he cleaned THIS up! It may be the only hope we have of even a semi-clean peloton in the future. I though after last year all the GC riders would be back to "Top form" but after 17 years of watching cycling and being a cynical old man even I wasn't prepared for this..
With Pat desperate to hold on to some power within cycling this may unfortunately be the time to embrace the devil we know. Even the first mountain stage of the 2008 tour had more credibility than this and I have always seen that as the most laughable performance Ive seen

The better question is will Froome be banished from the TdF?

Landis positive?
Rassmussen strange rules enforcement?

Time for a new topic.

the sceptic said:
Looks like Walsh is struggling to find anything to tweet about today
Probably trying to pretend today didnt happen

Walsh has found a new niche as what is effectively a public relations officer for Sky. The last thing he wants is to be pigeonholed as anti-cycling like Kimmage, especially not with cycling's newfound British popularity. There is money to be made as the British version Sally Jenkins.

SecomBe said:

Landis positive?

Time for a new topic!!!!

DirtyWorks said:

Landis positive?

Time for a new topic.

My guess is not under the current terms of engagement, hence the suggestion of appealing to McQuaids quest for another term. Would love someone to have Mcquaid and Cookson sit down together on Monday and discuss todays stage. Obviously nether would have much to say but the least we could hope for in some sort of in fighting as that seems like the only thing that brings anything out these days.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Walsh has found a new niche as what is effectively a public relations officer for Sky. The last thing he wants is to be pigeonholed as anti-cycling like Kimmage, especially not with cycling's newfound British popularity. There is money to be made as the British version Sally Jenkins.

You will be amazed how blinded Walsh will become when the money signs become glaring. Forget true journalism etc. I remember years back sending feedback to Sally on an article she wrote in the WPost on Lance and I said the fellow is juiced, she replied back with a rant about how innocent and clean he is and how I should mind what I say. Wonder what she feels today? Does it matter, she will tell you, hey I got ma millions riding the train, really do you think I care???

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
SecomBe said:
My guess is not under the current terms of engagement, hence the suggestion of appealing to McQuaids quest for another term. Would love someone to have Mcquaid and Cookson sit down together on Monday and discuss todays stage. Obviously nether would have much to say but the least we could hope for in some sort of in fighting as that seems like the only thing that brings anything out these days.

McQuaid just needs a Sky positive to knock out Cookson but why do I have the feeling Sky has something on him?? They do it with such confidence and impudence like how confident Lance was. He had something on the whole Swiss clan.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
jilbiker said:
McQuaid just needs a Sky positive to knock out Cookson but why do I have the feeling Sky has something on him?? They do it with such confidence and impudence like how confident Lance was. He had something on the whole Swiss clan.
Indeed. It's scary how Brailsford announced yesterday that physiological limits don't apply to his riders, and then today Froome goes crazy and almost sets the record up Bonascre. They were less brazen last year.

jilbiker said:

UCI Management committee was allegedly in on the Armstrong fraud with Mike Plant repping Wiesel. Cookson reps Sky and runs BC. BC certainly isn't going to pass a positive onto Sky riders. Does that sound familiar?

Isn't it interesting how everything lines up nicely for everyone but the fans. I don't know how exactly this version of the fraud is set up. But, it sure seems familiar.

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Froome = Sky = Team GB.

If he's clean, they're clean. If he's a doper, they're all dopers.

The defense is that it's "marginal gains". Marginal gains that took Froome from being released to being one of the top GC riders in the world (Vuelta 2011).

Marginal gains that turned Porte into some guy that happened to have lucked his way into the pink jersey for 3 days during the middle of the 2010, to one of the top GC riders in the world.

Marginal gains that took Wiggins from a guy who won the Giro prologue in 2010, to one of the top GC riders in the world.

We can only assume they're all doing it the same way... whether that way is clean or dirty.

And, because it's the same "marginal gains" mantra that Brailsford used to explain countless gold medals, world championships, and world records on the track, we can assume the "marginal gains" there were no more or less legitimate as team Sky's.

And can't we even assume that Nicole Cooke's successes under Brailsford have the same level of legitimacy?

Frankly, what I saw today exceeded anything I've seen from Sky before. Maybe we'll learn that Porte had some strange Tasmanian disease no European doctor could spot?

If not, what's the explanation?