• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1028 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
In what way does that GC support your assertion that Wiggins was > Armstrong within a year.

Does it not show he was 36 seconds < Armstrong :p

Youre nitpicking now. My point still stands. If you think Wiggins is clean, come up with a plausible scenario for his transformation.

the sceptic said:
Youre nitpicking now. My point still stands. If you think Wiggins is clean, come up with a plausible scenario for his transformation.

What about:

He's an all time great athlete who even in 2006, in the midst of endemic blood vector doping, managed to finish in the top twenty of various big time trials while riding clean, but obviously never had the motivation to chase GC cos he knew he couldn't compete over three weeks with blood bags and epo. But after the blood passport was introduced and blood vector doping was significantly reined back, speeds dropped and he found he finally could compete on talent and training alone. So he committed himself to the road and his results picked up.

I don't know if it's true, but is more plausible than: he didn't dope at the time when it was endemic because he was too lazy (or maybe he did and he's just a donkey) but then, when the doping controls got tougher he took advantage to start doping (because uniquely someone gave him a pass in 2009 when he rode for Garmin for reasons that aren't immediately obvious) and cleaned up because everyone else was clean.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
RownhamHill said:
What about:

He's an all time great athlete who even in 2006, in the midst of endemic blood vector doping, managed to finish in the top twenty of various big time trials while riding clean, but obviously never had the motivation to chase GC cos he knew he couldn't compete over three weeks with blood bags and epo. But after the blood passport was introduced and blood vector doping was significantly reined back, speeds dropped and he found he finally could compete on talent and training alone. So he committed himself to the road and his results picked up.

I don't know if it's true, but is more plausible than: he didn't dope at the time when it was endemic because he was too lazy (or maybe he did and he's just a donkey) but then, when the doping controls got tougher he took advantage to start doping (because uniquely someone gave him a pass in 2009 when he rode for Garmin for reasons that aren't immediately obvious) and cleaned up because everyone else was clean.

The paspport sure caught Armstrong and Horner and no doubt countless others didn't it?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
bobbins said:
So Wiggins thinks that Kimmage was **** even after taking drugs.

Kimmage may have been a bit better if he was backed by his national federation and a multi-million pound sponsor engaged in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

If ever there was a set-up with the potential to go one better than USPS, this is it.
Omerta is still riding:
Now, in Liege, he would deal again with L.A. Confidentiel. The press was sympathetic to Armstrong and journalists were afraid to ask the first doping question. After an embarrassing number of endearing enquiries, Dutch TV journalist Marc Belinfante asked Armstrong about allegations in L.A. Confidentiel. Here was Armstrong's response: "I will say one thing about the book, especially since our esteemed author is here. In my view, I think extraordinary accusations must be followed up by extraordinary proof. And Mr. Walsh and Mr. Ballester worked four, five years and they have not come up with extraordinary proof." Armstrong went on to say he would spend whatever it cost "to bring justice to the case."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...alsh-lance-armstrong/index.html#ixzz2vJPxWqN6
Pro cycling is so funny. L'histoire ce repete.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
RownhamHill said:
What about:

He's an all time great athlete who even in 2006, in the midst of endemic blood vector doping, managed to finish in the top twenty of various big time trials while riding clean, but obviously never had the motivation to chase GC

How about...

he won gold medals for Team BC, helping pull in massive amounts of lottery funding in the process, but receiving a pittance in return - a measly 75k GBP or thereabouts.

He thought gold medals were gonna nett him the moolah but no go.

He whinges to DB that his pay packet is crap compared to the PT guys and DB says - well son, you've ridden road for years now. If you weren't such a lazy w4nker you'd be raking in the big bucks.

In 2006 he tried to win a prologue and failed.

He continues to try and manages to finally scrape a win in a 4.2km prologue. But the TTs worth the big bickies are still out of his reach. He follows Cav to Highroad in an attempt to upgrade his pay packet but is out of luck when the team folds, and has to take an offer from Garmin, coz he ain't got nothin', yo. Nada. Zip.

Finally, 3 years after he first tried to make it on the road, he capitulates. Garmin will test him and make sure he's "clean", but Ellingworth is gonna give him the training plans, and someone else, somewhere, is helping out with the medical side of things. It's 2009, and cycling news are not concerned with using the word "shocking" / "surprised" when describing how Wiggins rides at the Tour.

A year with Sky doing it "their way" and micromanaging Wiggo, before he says - guys guys, I got this. 2011 was ruined only by a stack, and an injury free 2012 netts him what he wants - bling, yo.

Or something.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Parker said:
Is that the same Kohl who got busted within a few months of the passport being introduced?

I'm guessing a) it didn't really help him at all, and b) he did nowhere near 199 tests. 9 maybe.
Too bad, he got busted prior to you starting following cycling Parker, that means in 2008, just like Rebellin. And pipoli, and Ricco. And all the others in that 2008 Giro, oh wait. Too bad you missed that Parker.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Parker said:
Is that the same Kohl who got busted within a few months of the passport being introduced?

I'm guessing a) it didn't really help him at all, and b) he did nowhere near 199 tests. 9 maybe.

2008 was about as close as the testers got to being ahead of the peloton, keeping the ability to test for CERA under wraps until they'd got the first positive.

No-one was popped on the passport til mid-2009.

Dear Wiggo said:
How about...

he won gold medals for Team BC, helping pull in massive amounts of lottery funding in the process, but receiving a pittance in return - a measly 75k GBP or thereabouts.

He thought gold medals were gonna nett him the moolah but no go.

He whinges to DB that his pay packet is crap compared to the PT guys and DB says - well son, you've ridden road for years now. If you weren't such a lazy w4nker you'd be raking in the big bucks.

In 2006 he tried to win a prologue and failed.

He continues to try and manages to finally scrape a win in a 4.2km prologue. But the TTs worth the big bickies are still out of his reach. He follows Cav to Highroad in an attempt to upgrade his pay packet but is out of luck when the team folds, and has to take an offer from Garmin, coz he ain't got nothin', yo. Nada. Zip.

Finally, 3 years after he first tried to make it on the road, he capitulates. Garmin will test him and make sure he's "clean", but Ellingworth is gonna give him the training plans, and someone else, somewhere, is helping out with the medical side of things. It's 2009, and cycling news are not concerned with using the word "shocking" / "surprised" when describing how Wiggins rides at the Tour.

A year with Sky doing it "their way" and micromanaging Wiggo, before he says - guys guys, I got this. 2011 was ruined only by a stack, and an injury free 2012 netts him what he wants - bling, yo.

Or something.

Very close

Digger said:
CERA.......

Lance and passport...alberto and passport...worked out well!!
So Kohl said the passport helped him beat these tests based on all of 6 months of using it after which he got caught.

It almost seems like a line his drug dealer/doctor told him so he would keep buying his products.

And I don't know where these 199 tests came from

TailWindHome said:
Ironic post from someone who tweets so vociferously about bullying

yes - I forgot, I should just lay back and take s h I t from the skybots on twitter non stop and say nothing - my bad!!! (or the 8 pages about me on Bikeradar which to be fair did make me laugh)

You want to explain why Wiggins' blood values spiked after week two...

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Youre nitpicking now.

Not really

My point was that those convinced that Wiggins doped in 2012 overstate their case with regard to his performances.

You responded by posting that in 1 year he transformed into a rider 'greater than' Armstrong. You then supported your assertion by posting evidence that he in fact finished (on the road) behind a 37 year old Armstrong.

By all means query his transformation, don't overstate it though.

TRENDING THREADS