• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Oh God :D

Failing to remember if the doctor who made the most important diagnosis of your life was a man or a woman (their name, as well, surely) is inexplicable. Well, there is one explanation, and it involves pants on fire.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Nathan12 said:
I have. It doesn't look good, for Froome or the journalists who wrote all these fluff pieces.

Did you happen to find the original interview where Froome mentions, "She" as the doctor? I looked but it's only really quoted on the Froome Thoughts site, so I am guessing perhaps a radio or video interview?

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Did you happen to find the original interview where Froome mentions, "She" as the doctor? I looked but it's only really quoted on the Froome Thoughts site, so I am guessing perhaps a radio or video interview?

It's from a Velonation article titled 'Froome reiterates Tour de France ambitions', but interestingly the article no longer exists. http://t.co/edLznsc3 Here's the link, but it just take you straight to the homepage.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Nathan12 said:
It's from a Velonation article titled 'Froome reiterates Tour de France ambitions', but interestingly the article no longer exists. http://t.co/edLznsc3 Here's the link, but it just take you straight to the homepage.

Bernie's eyesore said:
They were probably told to take it down by Froome's lawyers. Very suspicious that it is no longer available to view.

;-)

Archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20121108...oome-reiterates-Tour-de-France-ambitions.aspx

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

"That was the reason why I sometimes was abnormally tired and was just average with Team Barloworld and my first year at Sky".

Really odd- because Froome states in a Youtube interview with Cycling News that he'd had it for a year before the late 2010 diagnosis- so he contracted it in late 2009. That's at the very end of his Barloworld career. Whatever was holding him back at Barloworld, it wasn't bilharzia.

Granville57 said:
Is that true?
Let's ask a fellow poster ;)

furtherfaster said:
Folks, I think it's time he whole bilharzia issue was put to bed wrt froome. It's a disease which is easily eliminated with a single treatment. I also had it, and much like froome didn't know I had it until the doctor noticed I was pee'ing blood when doing a regular medical. I got the treatment and no more pee'ing blood. It's a total non event and thereafter you are no different to anyone else. As soon as froome had the treatment he goes back to normal. People are talking about it like its some rare spectacular disease. Ain't so and I don't believe has anything to do with his current performance at all. The weird thing is that he had it for any period of time - one would margins a pro-cyclist gets plenty of medical checks and it would have showed up pretty easily at any of those.

Alphabet said:
Oh God :D

Failing to remember if the doctor who made the most important diagnosis of your life was a man or a woman (their name, as well, surely) is inexplicable. Well, there is one explanation, and it involves pants on fire.

I'd say not knowing the year you were diagnosed in and offering different dates for it depending on the interview, is even worse.;)

Bernie's eyesore said:
They were probably told to take it down by Froome's lawyers. Very suspicious that it is no longer available to view.

Well they did take down wiggos first "auto"biography from the shelf and serve up a quick replacement in late 2012. Had nothing I'm sure to do with the fact that it had lance Armstrong on the front cover and a chapter dedicated to lance;)

Afterall wiggo hardly knew lance, certainly never raced with him and hated him. Pure accident that a falsely edited photograph of them together (which never really happened) was the front cover for 3 years and pure coincidence that everyone only realized when lance got taken down.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Well they did take down wiggos first "auto"biography from the shelf and serve up a quick replacement in late 2012. Had nothing I'm sure to do with the fact that it had lance Armstrong on the front cover and a chapter dedicated to lance;)

I believe the original title of his first offering was supposed to be:

MY TIME...with Lance.

6972162.jpg

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
A single treatment ? What is this disinformation bullcrap? A 5 sec Google search lands multiple results that treatment can last for years.

Schistosomiasis is readily treated using a single oral dose of the drug praziquantel annually.

I understand the rush to find "evidence" of doping but sort your basics right.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Treatment.aspx

A single dose of praziquantel is usually required, but sometimes a longer course is needed.

chronic schistosomiasis – symptoms develop months, or possibly years, after infection with the parasites

feeling tired all the time (fatigue)

And i can post countless.

Now, can you stop this conspiracy bilhzaria bull****?

You were Froome's doctor? No? than stop pretending you were.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Is that true?

It's a half-truth. The adult parasite in the blood is easily eliminated by a single drug treatment. However, the eggs can stay attached to the lining of whatever organ they're attached to. This can cause problems, and has no remedy or cure.

Which is why I can say that Froome has been lying about his disease. The eggs do not hatch inside the body - only fresh water. Therefore, to have more parasites in the body - requiring more Praziquantal - you must be re-infected. The notion that he needs treatment every 6 months or so means that he is standing in water that has the parasite and is getting re-infected.

Note: check the bilharzia life cycle to see why this is true. Eggs attach to the bladder and intestinal wall so that they can be excreted. They then infect fresh water snails, which go on to produce the parasite that gets absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream. There the parasite matures and mates, making more eggs.

Without the snail, there are no mature parasites. Period.

Also note that it's odd that his bilharzia was detected by blood test. Normally the diagnosis is made by counting the number of eggs per gram (epg) in the stool or urine. I doubt the actual mature parasite would be captured by a thin guage needle used in blood sampling.

John Swanson

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
Also note that it's odd that his bilharzia was detected by blood test. Normally the diagnosis is made by counting the number of eggs per gram (epg) in the stool or urine. I doubt the actual mature parasite would be captured by a thin guage needle used in blood sampling.

Although I did just retrieve this:
If your GP suspects you have schistosomiasis, you will probably be referred to an expert in tropical diseases. The diagnosis is usually made by testing a sample of your blood. In some cases, eggs may be seen in a urine or stool (faeces) sample.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

EnacheV said:
A single treatment ? What is this disinformation bullcrap? A 5 sec Google search lands multiple results that treatment can last for years.

Schistosomiasis is readily treated using a single oral dose of the drug praziquantel annually.

You didn't reveal your source for that quote. Funny. You did for the quotes that don't matter but didn't for the one that does.

Let me help you out
Source: Wikipedia.

TRENDING THREADS