• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1397 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sky

MartinGT said:
I wonder how many Sky fans were calling out Landa last season now are looking forward to him improving with his Beet Juice diet and eating organic eggs.
Besides David Walsh?

I can't wait to read his perspective on Landa, Version 2016

Re: Sky

Not sure on the background on this tweet... looks interesting.

21kw3v8.jpg

Re: Re:

blackcat said:
.Froomestrong. said:
It was said with a hint of sarcasm, to be clear. :)

That said, for an endurance athlete used to eating carbs/sugars/etc to fuel activity, a keto diet for 6 weeks would actually yield significant fat loss.
The real question is how do you do this while INCREASING power over long periods. That is the thing that Sky- and only Sky- have managed to do.

Full. Natty. Bruh.

:rolleyes:

this has been my position.

Kennaugh rides the World Team Pursuit champs at 71kg, within 4 months, rides the TdF at 65. #NOTNORMAL.

always been the greatest hole in their PR talking point, about a caloric deficit diet, how the heck do they peak and maintain their power or increase their FTP trying to peak for Alpe d'Huez. just not credible. incredulous. #notnormal. abnormal. paradox. Sky theory
The Chicken managed it. If only someone was able to tap into the medical knowledge that he had at his disposal :confused: :eek:

thehog said:
Dazed and Confused said:
harryh said:

yep, the puppy fat is gone.
Must be the 7-8 hour training stints.

Eating is wasted energy. I don't know why some people bother doing it...

Although looking at the photographs, he just changed his hairstyle.

Kwiatovski was 11th in his first Tour de France in 2013 with QS chasing white jersey which he almost won iirc. I doubt he's lost much weight since then. Certainly no more than you do anyway if heading to Tour.

Unfortunately they seem to have reached the 140 char limit and so only the hypothesis and the vital link in Peters relationship with UKAD via his pro triathlete friend is known about so far. Perhaps they are being paid off by UKAD, WADA, UCI + Sky to keep schtum, we will never know....

gillan1969 said:
samhocking said:
BO1p2rtCAAIKQFR.jpg

How the heck did he get 11th in 2013 Tour de France with QS carrying all that puppy fat over the mountains! Maybe Sky will get him so thin this year on their million £ wonderdrug in 2015 he'll be almost invisible to the other teams - marginal gains lol!

maybe he's good? ;)

Apparently he did a test in 2007 with 17% body fat. He just lost fat, that's it.

Re:

samhocking said:
Unfortunately they seem to have reached the 140 char limit and so only the hypothesis and the vital link in Peters relationship with UKAD via his pro triathlete friend is known about so far. Perhaps they are being paid off by UKAD, WADA, UCI + Sky to keep schtum, we will never know....
Wow, you sure have jumped to a lot of conclusions from one tweet

Re:

samhocking said:
BO1p2rtCAAIKQFR.jpg

How the heck did he get 11th in 2013 Tour de France with QS carrying all that puppy fat over the mountains! Maybe Sky will get him so thin this year on their million £ wonderdrug in 2015 he'll be almost invisible to the other teams - marginal gains lol!
Yeah, how the heck did he do that. Especially with QS. Imagine how much better he will be now doing it cleans.

Does anyone remember the poster jamsque? He was one of the Sky fans who left the forum for Team Sky Fans forums back in 2012, because there the mods can make sure nobody says anything too "nasty" about sky and all those good guys.

Anyway the reason I mention it is because some of you may remember the 3 days of Depanne thread in 2011. Kwiatkowski came 3rd. Rosseler came 1st and Radioshack had one other rider in the top 10.

This was too much for jamsque. He knew they were doping. He spammed the clinic and the other subforums about what a disgrace it was that these obvious dopers were doing this. About how the other riders were being robbed in plain sight. He knew because they did a 1-3 at the 3 days of Deppanne.

Of course when Sky did a 1-3 at the Olympics and 1-2 at the Tour de France, Jamsque saw it totally differently. It was "wrong" to accuse someone of doping based on performances. And he couldn't understand how anyone could possibly think he lifelong crush - Bradley Wiggins, would ever do anything wrong.

Anyway, now that Kwiatkowski has joined all jamsque's favs at Sky, I'm wondering how his brain is going to reconcile that.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Does anyone remember the poster jamsque? He was one of the Sky fans who left the forum for Team Sky Fans forums back in 2012, because there the mods there can make sure nobody says anything too "nasty" about sky and all those good guys.

Anyway the reason I mention it is because some of you may remember the 3 days of Depanne thread in 2011. Kwiatkowski came 3rd. Rosseler came 1st and Radioshack had one other rider in the top 10.

This was too much for jamsque. He knew they were doping. He spammed the clinic and the other subforums about what a disgrace it was that these obvious dopers were doing this. About how the other riders were being robbed in plain sight. He knew because they did a 1-3 at the 3 days of Deppanne.

Of course when Sky did a 1-3 at the Olympics and 1-2 at the Tour de France, Jamsque saw it totally differently. It was "wrong" to accuse someone of doping based on performances. And he couldn't understand how anyone could possibly think he lifelong crush - Bradley Wiggins, would ever do anything wrong.

Anyway, now that Kwiatkowski has joined all jamsque's favs at Sky, I'm wondering how his brain is going to reconcile that.

Probably how any Sky fan will rationalize Landa etc. :)
Will be interesting to see how the new signings ride this year.

peloton said:
The Hitch said:
Does anyone remember the poster jamsque? He was one of the Sky fans who left the forum for Team Sky Fans forums back in 2012, because there the mods there can make sure nobody says anything too "nasty" about sky and all those good guys.

I don't remember anyone except taxus defending Landa when Astana was going full genius, I would love to see skybots defending Landa when he destroys Giro but I am worried Landa and Kwiatkowski will suck big time because they don't speak the correct native language.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

burning said:
peloton said:
The Hitch said:

I don't remember anyone except taxus defending Landa when Astana was going full genius, I would love to see skybots defending Landa when he destroys Giro but I am worried Landa and Kwiatkowski will suck big time because they don't speak the correct native language.

Good point.
I'm looking forward to Walsh writing how cleans the Sky Spanish riders are :D

I'm really interested in how the Sky fans/Walsh will deal with Landa. He could go back to riding at his pre-2015 levels and then they have to deal with the fact that Sky signed an obvious doper hoping he would stay on whatever program he was on. Or he could continue to destroy the road like he did in 2015 and they'll have to think of some way to justify that he was clean all along. Either way they were all screaming doper when he was dominating the Giro along with the rest of Astana, which is why it's always been puzzling to me as to why Sky would ever even touch him with a 10-foot pole. I think their hubris is beginning to cloud their judgement.

TRENDING THREADS