• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1398 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

zlev11 said:
I'm really interested in how the Sky fans/Walsh will deal with Landa. He could go back to riding at his pre-2015 levels and then they have to deal with the fact that Sky signed an obvious doper hoping he would stay on whatever program he was on. Or he could continue to destroy the road like he did in 2015 and they'll have to think of some way to justify that he was clean all along. Either way they were all screaming doper when he was dominating the Giro along with the rest of Astana, which is why it's always been puzzling to me as to why Sky would ever even touch him with a 10-foot pole. I think their hubris is beginning to cloud their judgement.

I'm actually just now re-watching some of the Giro stages. Astana was as insane as the UK Postal.
Will be great to hear how Sky fans (& Walsh) rationalize Landa :)

Re: Re:

peloton said:
zlev11 said:
I'm really interested in how the Sky fans/Walsh will deal with Landa. He could go back to riding at his pre-2015 levels and then they have to deal with the fact that Sky signed an obvious doper hoping he would stay on whatever program he was on. Or he could continue to destroy the road like he did in 2015 and they'll have to think of some way to justify that he was clean all along. Either way they were all screaming doper when he was dominating the Giro along with the rest of Astana, which is why it's always been puzzling to me as to why Sky would ever even touch him with a 10-foot pole. I think their hubris is beginning to cloud their judgement.

I'm actually just now re-watching some of the Giro stages. Astana was as insane as the UK Postal.
Will be great to hear how Sky fans (& Walsh) rationalize Landa :)

It was simply insane that how he destroyed Contador on a %4 road, though it did help that Contador had to go all out before Mortirolo and bridge a 50 sec gap while Landa was pacing a weaker rider with a tempo that was perfectly comfortable for him and did nothing before he went full genius.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Landa was lauded as a huge talent some years ago, but he never showed that until the Giro last year.
Walsh tweeted how he 'couldn't enjoy the Giro', I reckon partly when Landa & Astana ripped the bunch apart, on most climbs.
He is a dirty Spaniard, after all.. ;)

peloton said:
burning said:
peloton said:
The Hitch said:
Does anyone remember the poster jamsque? He was one of the Sky fans who left the forum for Team Sky Fans forums back in 2012, because there the mods there can make sure nobody says anything too "nasty" about sky and all those good guys.

Anyway the reason I mention it is because some of you may remember the 3 days of Depanne thread in 2011. Kwiatkowski came 3rd. Rosseler came 1st and Radioshack had one other rider in the top 10.

This was too much for jamsque. He knew they were doping. He spammed the clinic and the other subforums about what a disgrace it was that these obvious dopers were doing this. About how the other riders were being robbed in plain sight. He knew because they did a 1-3 at the 3 days of Deppanne.

Of course when Sky did a 1-3 at the Olympics and 1-2 at the Tour de France, Jamsque saw it totally differently. It was "wrong" to accuse someone of doping based on performances. And he couldn't understand how anyone could possibly think he lifelong crush - Bradley Wiggins, would ever do anything wrong.

Anyway, now that Kwiatkowski has joined all jamsque's favs at Sky, I'm wondering how his brain is going to reconcile that.

Probably how any Sky fan will rationalize Landa etc. :)
Will be interesting to see how the new signings ride this year.

I don't remember anyone except taxus defending Landa when Astana was going full genius, I would love to see skybots defending Landa when he destroys Giro but I am worried Landa and Kwiatkowski will suck big time because they don't speak the correct native language.

Good point.
I'm looking forward to Walsh writing how cleans the Sky Spanish riders are :D

We all know Walsh is either going to ignore it totally (like he does pretty much everything that doesn't reflect on Sky) or play it down totally. "I didn't agree with signing Landa but there's no evidence against him" would be classic Walsh.

Re:

zlev11 said:

Yet so many have used the "you can't judge/convict/know a rider is doping based on performance" drivel when it comes to Sky. Never fails to amuse.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

peloton said:
This has nothing to do with Contador.

Landa was lauded as a huge talent some years ago, but he never showed that until the Giro this year.
Walsh tweeted how he 'couldn't enjoy the Giro', I reckon partly when Landa & Astana ripped the bunch apart, on most climbs.
He could always write some bs about Basques being different from Spaniards and their culture being very similar to the british.
We won't hear anything negative about Landa from him, you can count on that.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

red_flanders said:
zlev11 said:

Yet so many have used the "you can't judge/convict/know a rider is doping based on performance" drivel when it comes to Sky. Never fails to amuse.

Only someone who is new to the sport would say something like that...

Re:

peloton said:

Landa was lauded as a huge talent some years ago, but he never showed that until the Giro this year.
I think I see it now.

Brailsford has told Walsh that Sky are deliberately signing doped riders so that he can make them clean.

all those evil non British barbarians just wouldn't convert to Sky's clean policy. So the missionaries at Sky are going to do it themselves. Sign dodgy riders, show them how to do it clean, then send them around the sport to spread the good word.

peloton said:
red_flanders said:
zlev11 said:

New like David Walsh?

The Hitch said:
peloton said:

I think I see it now.

Brailsford has told Walsh that Sky are deliberately signing doped riders so that he can make them clean.

all those evil non British barbarians just wouldn't convert to Sky's clean policy. So the missionaries at Sky are going to do it themselves. Sign dodgy riders, show them how to do it clean, then send them around the sport to spread the good word.

I've got $100 cash that says someone advances a theory along those lines at some point this season. Anyone want to bet against it?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

red_flanders said:
peloton said:
red_flanders said:
zlev11 said:

New like David Walsh?

Indeed.
Having it both ways ain't working.

Mayomaniac said:
peloton said:

He could always write some bs about Basques being different from Spaniards and their culture being very similar to the british.
Makes sense. Afterall Indurain was clean (according to Skylore). And the weather is similar. None of that high employment that you get from uncivilized doped countries too.

The Hitch said:
Mayomaniac said:
peloton said:

Makes sense. Afterall Indurain was clean (according to Skylore). And the weather is similar. None of that high employment that you get from uncivilized doped countries too.

Tailwinds, 17% body fat, Weight loss in 3 weeks for new signings, Turning Spanish dopers clean - The Chuch of Sky with Reverend Brailsford and Brother Walsh.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

peloton said:
Landa was lauded as a huge talent some years ago, but he never showed that until the Giro last year.

Too early to repost this?

CPJPC7uU8AA0Vl9.png

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
peloton said:

CPJPC7uU8AA0Vl9.png

Walsh has put on the kilos...... :D

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
peloton said:

CPJPC7uU8AA0Vl9.png

Fits perfectly, bravo :D

Re:

vedrafjord said:
Via @DUBCycleWeather, maybe it was posted before but I'm not checking 1800 pages to find out:

CX9JDgCWMAA9-dx.jpg:small

Someone didn't get the memo about chocolate... if I had all that stuff on a 4 hour ride I'd get diabetes.

It's not there any more btw - right now they just have the bidon.

It's still there: http://www.scienceinsport.com/sis-products/sis-team-sky-4-hour-fuel-pack/

Nothing like science trying to flog off a 4-hour ride pack that replicates a KFC barrel of 21 pieces of finger lickin' good fried chicken.

Re:

vedrafjord said:
Via @DUBCycleWeather, maybe it was posted before but I'm not checking 1800 pages to find out:

Someone didn't get the memo about chocolate... if I had all that stuff on a 4 hour ride I'd get diabetes.

So you would. Very droll.

However you don't seriously imagine that even the most innocent would think they had to pack this lot away in the space of four hours - no of course you don't.

It seems a chance was missed to offer this deal as containing items that would suffice for many four hour rides. Whoever designed the box and promotion was not the brightest spark and this is the daft result.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

wrinklyvet said:
vedrafjord said:

So you would. Very droll.

However you don't seriously imagine that even the most innocent would think they had to pack this lot away in the space of four hours - no of course you don't.

It seems a chance was missed to offer this deal as containing items that would suffice for many four hour rides. Whoever designed the box and promotion was not the brightest spark and this is the daft result.

Sky the so called masters of detail exposed as charlatans again. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS