• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1487 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Michael Hutchinson‏ @Doctor_Hutch 4h4 hours ago

If you were a clean Sky rider (or former rider), you'd feel very let down by all of this, because it's spreading suspicion very widely.

"If you were a clean Sky rider.." you may want to tell everyone and put some distance between the huge Kenacort supplies found in Manchester......

I await the tumbleweed that will arrive before any Sky/Ex Sky cyclists slams the use of Kenacort at Sky.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Why does Wiggins not have a copy of his own medical records?

Anyone know if riders (athletes) get copies of their records for when they move teams?

I know in Italy members of the public are given records of their medical history as they attend medical appointments.

I would as a professional athlete, especially as a doper, want copies of my medical records.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

MmeDesgrange said:
Dan2016 said:
BBC Radio Five Live discussion right now: Journalist just said he understands that Wiggins has been officially questioned over this too. Was that in private or something? Who knows. Anyway apparently he just said he took Flumicil at the time but no idea what was in the jiffy bag.

UKAD apparently have spent over 1000 man hours investigating this...and as we know still not one person can clarify what was in the infamous jiffy. I think I'd like to see UKAD given more investigative power. Sporting fraud, accounting fraud, liaise with police with threat of criminal charges etc.

Wiggins was questioned by UKAD, claimed he had been treated with nebulised fluimicil, even though it's contraindicated for asthmatics

Ah, okay, cheers, I got the impression from the journo that Wiggins had been questioned by the Select Committee so was wondering how it wasn't public. Contraindicated medication sounds about right.

I'm actually a bit surprised, given the amount of preparation time they've all had, that they haven't all had a more consistent unified story. They sound like they just make the stories up with very little thought. Not a chess players amongst them I imagine.

Re: Sky

MmeDesgrange said:
keeponrollin said:
The Guys on Off the Ball said earlier that it had come out that Sky had previously bought Flumicil from regular pharmacies in Europe, & thereby shot holes in their own BS story that they needed the contents of the jiffybag, because they couldn't trust Flumicil bought anywhere but in the UK.

Has anyone heard this confirmed before ?

There was no record of flumicil in the Manchester stockpile

So a British Cycling Employee (physiotherapist, Phil Burt) put something in a Jiffy-Bag, at the request of another British Cycling Employee (Dr. Richard Freeman), presumably from store of Pharmaceuticals in British Cycling HQ in Manchester, paid for by the British Tax payer, & then they got another BC employee, who although he was nominally the Womens coach, told a Parliamentary committee, he was a general dogsbody, who did whatever he was told, to take the package to France, breaking laws along the way.

At which point the BC employed Doctor, administered the contents of the mysterious package to Bradley Wiggins, (A Sky Employee).

and 4+ years later, they're all still working, & two of the participants have picked up peerages....

the abuse of taxpayers money, alone, regardless of what was in the fucking package should have been enough to get each & every one of them fired :mad:

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Fully expect Freeman to claim he forgets what was in Jiffy bag and lost laptop to check his records.

Hope Freeman gets struck off, but i doubt it. Dr Bonar didn't.

But the investigation has been very weak, if at all. MPs have been the ones making ground. As usual outside forces are the ones doing the work of Anit-doping Authorities.

Sport is beyond fixing.

UKAD had little to no interest in investigating, it's only once it got to the CMS level they were forced to pretend they were doing something. You can clearly see Brailsford & co. have been running rings around UKAD for years.

Dauphine is June, 2011. Medical records were entered into a laptop. Data were not uploaded to Dropbox, against Sky policy. Said laptop was stolen in 2014.

We are expected to believe that (a) Sky / BC did not have any copies of Dr. Freeman's records; (b) Dr. Freeman never, not even once, synced or backed up his core medical records between June 2011 and 2014; (c) Same laptop was used in 2011 as in 2014. What a joke.

Freeman is being setting up as the (free) fall guy. Sky/BC is wholly complicit in this ******.

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Random Direction said:
We are expected to believe that (a) Sky / BC did not have any copies of Dr. Freeman's records; (b) Dr. Freeman never, not even once, synced or backed up his core medical records between June 2011 and 2014; (c) Same laptop was used in 2011 as in 2014. What a joke.
You are expected to believe that the setup which allowed utter anihilation of opponents on the road and on track thanks to an accumulation of marginal gains was not rigorous enough to keep files on their athletes' health.

Re:

Benotti69 said:

Anyone know if riders (athletes) get copies of their records for when they move teams?

I know in Italy members of the public are given records of their medical history as they attend medical appointments.

I would as a professional athlete, especially as a doper, want copies of my medical records.

Really ? Blimey I wish they did that in the UK, but NHS is probably scared of getting sued ... In the UK you can request to view them I think but can't have a copy as far as I know although I could be wrong on that especially for elite sports people how are seeing 'private' doctors.

Damian Collins, chairman of the committee, told AFP it was a damning indictment of British Cycling that Freeman had not filed the medical records correctly. “It is a big issue that in the three years between the race and his going on holiday Dr Freeman had not uploaded the records,” said Collins referring to a Dropbox other doctors could access. “This undermines the message that British Cycling and Team Sky like to put out that they are the cleanest and most ethical in the sport.

“This is a really big problem with regard to the running of the whole team and that a doctor does not file what medicines he is giving to each rider properly. It is a pretty damning indictment and we will be holding the governing body to account,”
added the 43-year-old Conservative lawmaker.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/03/news/stolen-team-sky-medical-records-leave-uk-officials-skeptical_431565#cFDm7g1isTF5pivX.99

DingoGuesdon said:
Random Direction said:
You are expected to believe that the setup which allowed utter anihilation of opponents on the road and on track thanks to an accumulation of marginal gains was not rigorous enough to keep files on their athletes' health.

yup....never tested froome or even knew his weight.... :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site

bigcog said:
Benotti69 said:

Really ? Blimey I wish they did that in the UK, but NHS is probably scared of getting sued ... In the UK you can request to view them I think but can't have a copy as far as I know although I could be wrong on that especially for elite sports people how are seeing 'private' doctors.

Didn't BC rider Callum Skinner release medical documents showing asthma as a child?

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

keeponrollin said:
MmeDesgrange said:
keeponrollin said:
The Guys on Off the Ball said earlier that it had come out that Sky had previously bought Flumicil from regular pharmacies in Europe, & thereby shot holes in their own BS story that they needed the contents of the jiffybag, because they couldn't trust Flumicil bought anywhere but in the UK.

Has anyone heard this confirmed before ?

There was no record of flumicil in the Manchester stockpile

So a British Cycling Employee (physiotherapist, Phil Burt) put something in a Jiffy-Bag, at the request of another British Cycling Employee (Dr. Richard Freeman), presumably from store of Pharmaceuticals in British Cycling HQ in Manchester, paid for by the British Tax payer, & then they got another BC employee, who although he was nominally the Womens coach, told a Parliamentary committee, he was a general dogsbody, who did whatever he was told, to take the package to France, breaking laws along the way.

At which point the BC employed Doctor, administered the contents of the mysterious package to Bradley Wiggins, (A Sky Employee).

and 4+ years later, they're all still working, & two of the participants have picked up peerages....

the abuse of taxpayers money, alone, regardless of what was in the fucking package should have been enough to get each & every one of them fired :mad:

The large stocks of Kenalog, plus Leinders expertise with it as part of the doping regime at Rabobank, suggest that the doping goes wider than 'one bad apple'. And the fact it was held at the Manchester velodrome, HQ of BC, says it may well go beyond Sky. Sapstead was clear in her testimony that the tie up between Sky & BC was problematic, at best.

Which leaves our friend Brian Cookson in the hot seat. Still, that tax payers money that got him elected as the head of the UCI has been money well spent over the last few years, because there are those who still believe that the success of Sky/BC is more important than any wrongdoing - it's the Armstrong cancer shield all over again.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Fully expect Freeman to claim he forgets what was in Jiffy bag and lost laptop to check his records.

Hope Freeman gets struck off, but i doubt it. Dr Bonar didn't.

But the investigation has been very weak, if at all. MPs have been the ones making ground. As usual outside forces are the ones doing the work of Anit-doping Authorities.

Sport is beyond fixing.

UKAD had little to no interest in investigating, it's only once it got to the CMS level they were forced to pretend they were doing something. You can clearly see Brailsford & co. have been running rings around UKAD for years.
Totally.

It was fascinating to see how uncomfortable Sapstead seemed to be whilst having to suggest wrongdoing by Team Sky.
That UKAD still haven't checked whether Freeman went to the police when his laptop was stolen is hilarious.
Sapstead had to invoke Interpol to make it seem like they're actually doing something.

Everything in her body language suggested a deeply rooted "We shall not step on any toes" attitude at UKAD.

UKAD need a pitbull, not a lapdog, running things.

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

bigcog said:

In the UK you can have copies of your own records under data protection law if the provider has no other provision to give them, and are able to sign away access to your records others if you choose to do so and are mentally capable.

So doctor patient confidentiality shouldn't be an issue if the patient consents.

"UKAD need a pitbull, not a lapdog, running things." agree 100%

WTF was Cope's train trips from Eastbourne to Manchester and Gatwick and all points west, when he was given a car to use? Did he claim petrol expenses too? Maybe the authorities should check his deductions ...

Laptop got stolen .... yeah :rolleyes: What next, an identical evil twin?

Benotti69 said:
bigcog said:
Benotti69 said:

Didn't BC rider Callum Skinner release medical documents showing asthma as a child?
He did and you are entitled to view and have a copy of your medical records or parts of them if you want in the UK. Most people don't bother though.

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Random Direction said:
Dauphine is June, 2011. Medical records were entered into a laptop. Data were not uploaded to Dropbox, against Sky policy. Said laptop was stolen in 2014.

Freeman is being setting up as the (free) fall guy. Sky/BC is wholly complicit in this ******.

And if it was 3+ years old, that Greek laptop thieves aren't discerning enough to skip 3+ year old models with UK keyboards.

Plenty of things with a possible paper trail or witnesses. Was it a good laptop? When was the laptop bought? Was it a BC or Sky or personal laptop? Do witnesses confirm he was using the same laptop all that time and never made backups, used a personal dropbox or emailled the documents to anyone? Were the contents encrypted? Did the other doctors encrypt their laptops? Was the laptop managed by Sky/BC IT? Were the affected riders informed their records were lost? (When? How?) Was there an insurance claim? What else was taken? Was the ICO notified of the data breach/loss? Was Freeman even authorised to take the laptop abroad on a personal trip?

Dan2016 said:
I'm actually a bit surprised, given the amount of preparation time they've all had, that they haven't all had a more consistent unified story. They sound like they just make the stories up with very little thought. Not a chess players amongst them I imagine.
This is the same team that wasn't prepared for people looking at their 2012 Tour performance, after annihilating everybody all season and justifying it by saying "others are peaking for the Tour", and doubting it. This is the same team that flat out said they would use US Postal as an example to aspire to, and wasn't prepared for people to take that to doping innuendo. This is the same team that toasted all its puncheurs trying to lead out a sprint because they failed to spot a 1km @ 9% climb in the roadbook that is supposedly their Bible. This is the same team that honestly thought they could spin a story so blatantly false as Cope meeting Pooley clandestinely in a completely different country from where Emma was racing in a major race, that could be disproven in under 30 seconds. They've got a track record of being taken by surprise by things they really shouldn't be caught on the hop by.