• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1598 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
"I would never judge myself by someone else’s narrative"
SDB September 2020
Translated out of spin-speak
"I don't listen to / value the criticism of anyone."
One hates to have to leap to the defence of Brailsford, but he did not say he doesn't listen to or value criticism. The key part you're overlooking is 'someone else's narrative', or self-serving criticism. I'm sure those who fully value informed criticism themselves can see the importance of this qualifier and how its presence means the statement doesn't mean what you're saying it means.

"I would never judge myself by someone else’s narrative"
SDB September 2020
Translated out of spin-speak
"I don't listen to / value the criticism of anyone."

Why would you work for him if it wasn't for the money?
All those who go to sky/IGN are Sir Devil's fodder.

because, grazie a dio, they are pro riders and not fans arguing on a forum with their biased view.
ps. today was beautiful

Reactions: TourOfSardinia
Geraint Thomas hits Giro d'Italia with newfound form and motivation

This should be entertaining. Just more motivated, eating better, and doing some rides to lose a kilo or two.

Hoping the Giro is not too ridiculous.
It seems that the Fickle Finger of Fate (a random bouncing bidon) intervened on the Giro's behalf at the start of stage 3, unfortunately for G. In other news, it looks like Dr. Freeman's missing laptop's replacement was disassembled with a screwdriver (contents unrecoverable), according to Freeman's most recent testimony: Link

Last edited:
Totally ridiculous. How anyone can listen to this without laughing out loud right there is beyond me. It's like in a bad movie, when the gangster boss tells the most stupid lies and you know it's bull**, but the good ones still have to find that absolute waterproof evidence, otherwise he will be released.

The other ridiculous thing is that testosterone cannot be more than a small part of an endurance athlete's doping. They got caught in a minor detail. Staying with movies and stories, this reminds of Al Capone.

I guess they are all just shifting and diffusing the blame so that in the end it's clear as * they doped, but who was exactly responsible for what will remain unclear, and therefor they will go free.

I pity the ones who have to deal with this on a professional level, although they are getting paid.

Totally ridiculous. How anyone can listen to this without laughing out loud right there is beyond me. It's like in a bad movie, when the gangster boss tells the most stupid lies and you know it's bull**, but the good ones still have to find that absolute waterproof evidence, otherwise he will be released.
Been laughing out loud WRT Sky since 2011, despite optimism in 2010. This is a nice wrap up. It's just fodder for those who need to believe, they need something to hang on to.

Reactions: Koronin
Yes, Dennis getting dropped in the breakaway makes his performance today look really random.
Otherwise a one off monster climbing performance from him in a gt wouldn't really surprise me. That said, IMO he's too much of a hothead and wouldn't be able to cope with the stress of being a gc leader.

The last time Dennis did the Giro he was 7th on GC after stage 18.

And lost more than 14 minutes on the next stage, to Jafferau.
Actually the Jafferau stage was very hard, similar to today. That day he was dropped at the bottom of Finestre. Today he was flying up the Stelvio. Not that I'm complaining btw, as he helped Tao massively, but let's not act like this is a normal performance, especially if this is true:

Thats like 1600 VAM for 70 min ending at 2760m.

Basically Bernal Iseran except literally twice as long in a waayyy harder stage.

Reactions: PhiLiz

TRENDING THREADS