Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1599 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was responding to a post that said it ketone esters were developed in conjunction with Loughborough and another that inferred they were developed with involvement with Team Sky. Neither true. Kieran Clarke's department and spin off company developed them.

There's no credible proof they work as yet.

Team Ineos don't use them.
I totally agree. I've tried the HVMN drink and about 20 seconds in a 10 mile TT, but that can happen wekk-to-week on the same course anyway. I think Team Sky did research into them, but yes, they don't use them and their nutritionist said there were more predictable gains from other nutrition strategies in the race.

Seems like British cycling just fizzled out after the strange disappearance of Doc Freeman and Wiggins odd rebirth riding shotgun on a moto for Eurosport. Was it all just a Dave vanity project for a brief moment to collect some quid. OBEs and like US cycling before it, now all vanishes into the dustbin. Like it ever had a future to begin with...RIP marginal gains?

Last edited:
Reactions: fmk_RoI
Seems like British Cycling just fizzled out after the strange disappearance of Doc Freeman and Wiggins odd rebirth riding shotgun on a moto for Eurosport.
How are you defining fizzled out? They performed well at the last Olympics. They're on schedule to perform well at the next.
Was it all just a Dave vanity project for a brief moment to collect some quid.
The bangles and baubles delivered suggest the funders got bangs for their bucks, so how is that a vanity project for Brailsford?

And British Cycling ≠ Team Ineos.

Reactions: 70kmph
How are you defining fizzled out? They performed well at the last Olympics. They're on schedule to perform well at the next.

The bangles and baubles delivered suggest the funders got bangs for their bucks, so how is that a vanity project for Brailsford?

And British Cycling ≠ Team Ineos.
I see he has edited to take out the captial "C" so he must mean British cycling in general. Perhaps that's supposed to mean Team Ineos after all, but if so it's not all that I see on the cycling scene in GB. If it's Team Ineos, haven't they provided opportunities for both British cyclists and those of other nationalities to do well on the international scene this year? Other than the mention of Freeman, where's the Clinic angle?

ASK THE COMMUNITY