• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Team Rosters for the Tour de France

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
auscyclefan94 said:
Will their be any Kazakhs at the tour for Astana. They are a kazakh team and with no kazakhs that would be kinda weird

The Kazakhs should insist that three out of the nine riders in any race should be from Kazakhstan. Right now it looks like the Kazakh riders are being given the short end of the stick.

There will probably be on token Kazakh on the TdF squad.
 
May 15, 2009
550
1
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Will their be any Kazakhs at the tour for Astana. They are a kazakh team and with no kazakhs that would be kinda weird

The Astana roster on tour will be: LA,AC,LL,YP,HZ,AK +Horner, Brajkovic and Muravyev. No Noval for Contador, and it seems like he will only have Zubeldia as a personal helper in mountains.
 
Française des Jeux

Sandy Casar, Jérôme Coppel, Anthony Geslin, Christophe Le Mével, Yauheni Hutarovich, Sébastien Joly, Benoît Vaugrenard and Jussi Veikkanen.

9th rider either Jérémy Roy or Rémy Di Gregorio.
 
Apr 1, 2009
1,488
0
0
Visit site
lucybears said:
Sandy Casar, Jérôme Coppel, Anthony Geslin, Christophe Le Mével, Yauheni Hutarovich, Sébastien Joly, Benoît Vaugrenard and Jussi Veikkanen.

9th rider either Jérémy Roy or Rémy Di Gregorio.

What's up with Di Gregorio? That's a name many touted as being the next French to win maillot a pois rouges. Promising climber a few years back, but no real results since winning the mountains classification at Dauphine in 2007.
Hope he can do something this year.
 
Zoncolan said:
What's up with Di Gregorio? That's a name many touted as being the next French to win maillot a pois rouges. Promising climber a few years back, but no real results since winning the mountains classification at Dauphine in 2007.
Hope he can do something this year.

And no Seb Chavanel. He always seems to have a decent Tour. I wonder if he's hurt?
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
Visit site
Delicato said:
The Astana roster on tour will be: LA,AC,LL,YP,HZ,AK +Horner, Brajkovic and Muravyev. No Noval for Contador, and it seems like he will only have Zubeldia as a personal helper in mountains.
I think Noval will be there. He has too much experience. My guess is the last three are going to be Horner, Noval and Muravyev or Vaitkus.
 
anubisza said:
Good. We really need a race without controversy this year.

Then look for another race than the Tour. There is no way this tour will get completed without some sort of controversy. Perhaps they can avoid controversy going into the tour by stopping Valverde but I doubt they can finish it in the same manner. I'm usually not pessimistic but compared to some other years my feeling before the tour is alot worse this time around and those other years didn't manage to avoid controversy. I hope I'm wrong though...
 
Mar 18, 2009
981
0
0
Visit site
blaxland said:
I Agree First stage win last year in le tour,then stage win giro this year.Whats going on Cervelo?

It does seem a bit strange not to include him, but there are no guarantees that just cause you have won a stage in previous tours you are included in the team.

Perhaps, Cervelo had too many in form riders to choose from?
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
I have no idea on how a pro team works, but you would think Gerrans would of needed to have got the OK from his team to travel to the States to train with Armstrong and Leipheimer.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
Poor gerrans

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
simon gerrans got snubbed, weird decision imo.

Cervelo are idiots. Not selecting gerrans is stupid! Gerrans has had the best last 12 months of his life. He finished top 10 in Amstel, Fleche and Liege. He won a tough stage in the giro similar to Barcelona stage this year and they don't take him. Gerro is one of the nice guys of the peloton and deserves a go! Cervelo will regret their descision because gerro can climb reasonably well and is a strong workhorse. On his twitter he said he's really disapointed:mad:
 
Jun 18, 2009
374
0
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Cervelo are idiots. Not selecting gerrans is stupid! Gerrans has had the best last 12 months of his life. He finished top 10 in Amstel, Fleche and Liege. He won a tough stage in the giro similar to Barcelona stage this year and they don't take him. Gerro is one of the nice guys of the peloton and deserves a go! Cervelo will regret their descision because gerro can climb reasonably well and is a strong workhorse. On his twitter he said he's really disapointed:mad:

He's certainly warranted his place on form alone.

Almost makes you wonder if Cervelo didn't get a little note in the post.

God, I'm a cycnic...

Edit - don't want to 'cast nasturtiums' (as my grandma used to say), but if any good riders fail to make the Tour selection, there is an obvious temptation to ascribe their absence to the Biopassport letters that went out. Just another hack-handed thing that the UCI has done that discredits the sport. I, for one, won't be able to see a good rider miss the Tour lineup - be it through normal non-selection, sudden illness or injury - without suspecting that there's more to it. A shame, and probably unfair to many of the riders.
 
Jun 10, 2009
65
0
0
Visit site
so what exactly would gerrans have given cervelo? theyre going to support sastre and hausler/hushovd. he woodnt stay with sastre in the mountains for very long, he wouldn't help much in the TTT, and woodnt have helped much in the lead out train. haha guess we get two kiwis in the tour this year. cervelo will pick hayden roulston