• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Rosters for the Tour de France

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
phillop said:
so what exactly would gerrans have given cervelo? theyre going to support sastre and hausler/hushovd. he woodnt stay with sastre in the mountains for very long, he wouldn't help much in the TTT, and woodnt have helped much in the lead out train. haha guess we get two kiwis in the tour this year. cervelo will pick hayden roulston

gerrans would give cervelo a lot. good chance he could win a stage a le tour. he's a good work horse to chase down breaks for hushovd or for sastre whenever needed! it is like saying why would you need o'grady for saxo bank?

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
He's certainly warranted his place on form alone.

Almost makes you wonder if Cervelo didn't get a little note in the post.

God, I'm a cycnic....

Interesting theory.

Does anyone have the final start list for Cervelo, or was it just a statement that Gerrans won't be riding? Every article I have found only mentions him.

Runitout said:
Almost makes you wonder if Cervelo didn't get a little note in the post.

God, I'm a cycnic...

I was thinking the same thing. The combination of the recent UCI announcements, his good form, his training buddies and this apparently odd decision made that conclusion irresistible for me.

Well then,if that's the way it works,i suppose we must only take a look at the team rosters and see what riders from the initial selection who normally would've make it through,are left out of the TDF in a weird way.
We might expand that 5-name list even before the UCI releases other names.:D

lucybears said:
Mark Renshaw out ? have you a source for that info ?

I don't know where was i thinking.:D
Anyway,i read that there are 5 riders who will fight for 4 spots,and Renshaw is one of them.
Cav,Kirchen,Rogers,Hincapie and Martin are sure to start,while Eisel,Lovkvist,Burghardt,Monfort and Renshaw still have to earn their place.
But as the lead-out man,i suppose he should have been confirmed immediately after Cavendish,don't you?
Who will be left out then? Burghardt?:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
I don't know where was i thinking.:D
Anyway,i read that there are 5 riders who will fight for 4 spots,and Renshaw is one of them.
Cav,Kirchen,Rogers,Hincapie and Martin are sure to start,while Eisel,Lovkvist,Burghardt,Monfort and Renshaw still have to earn their place.
But as the lead-out man,i suppose he should have been confirmed immediately after Cavendish,don't you?
Who will be left out then? Burghardt?:rolleyes:

I heard they weren't sure about lovkvist

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
surely monfort and lovkvist would be apart of the team.. for rogers sake anyway

*Cynic mode*

Maybe some riders who unexpectedly burst to the top this spring are getting bench time due to Uci warnings?

Sorry to have to say this, but what the hell are you guys thinking? If the Uci truly has a list of 40-50 guys you can bet there are a few big guys in there. Conspiracy theories and all that, but I think the Uci is a bit afraid of having sudden stars like Rico pop up again.

Lokvist might fit that bill.

Oh and I bet Koossie Moerenhout and Gerrans are on that list. Guys who ride better than before yet get left out. It seems pretty obvious now doesn't it?

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Garmin

JV unveiled Garmin's official squad for this year this morning:

Julian Dean
Tyler Farrar
Ryder Hesjedal
Dan Martin
David Millar
Danny Pate
Christian Vande Velde
Bradley Wiggins
David Zabriskie

And Martijn Maaskant is the first reserve.
Looks like a strong team

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tyler2999202 said:
JV unveiled Garmin's official squad for this year this morning:

Julian Dean
Tyler Farrar
Ryder Hesjedal
Dan Martin
David Millar
Danny Pate
Christian Vande Velde
Bradley Wiggins
David Zabriskie

So Svein Tuft is also on that UCI list?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
I am not sure Bala but this looks like a very solid team to me.

I know. It's only because I heard Tuft would be on the team, and now it seems he is replaced by Pate... Forgot to add the wink though ;)

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Luckily they're not trying to pull the Giro trick again. But they sure as hell look like the team to beat in the TTT, even more so than Astana and Columbia. I wonder if Farrar can confirm his Giro performance.

Even if Garmin looks good,i still see Astana as the team to beat.
Columbia lost Pinotti and EBH from the Giro winning squad,while the Kazakhs will add Contador and Kloden.;)
But don't rule Saxo out. With Cancellara firing from all his cylinders,the swiss diesel could drag the whole squad after him and win by himself.
Speaking of Farrar,i suppose he can finish a couple of times runner-up to Cavendish,and confirm the Giro placings.:rolleyes:
Oh,you mean if he can win a stage? Think not.:D

A

Anonymous

i havnt read through the whole thread, but out of some vague ocd, or maybe just ridiculous compulsion its time to do my yearly, chuck all the riders in a spreadsheeet along with win records, previous tour records etc...

before i start.. dont suppose anyone else has already done this have they..save me doing it..

For whatever is worth the Caise d'Epargne team will select the final roster after the spanish championships. Uran won't go since he is Colombian so I don't know what to conclude from that. Here is the statement:

Eusebio Unzúe a sélectionné six coureurs pour participer au prochain Tour de France qui débutera le samedi 4 juillet à Monaco. Il s'agit de David Arroyo, Ivan Gutiérrez, Luis Pasamontes, Oscar Pereiro, Luis León Sánchez et Xavier Zandio.

Les trois coureurs restants seront choisis entre Rui Costa, Arnaud Coyot, José Joaquin Rojas et Rigoberto Uran au terme des championnats nationaux.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
That article just says that the remaining three riders will be chosen out of Costa, Coyot, Rojas and Uran, depending on their performance in the national championships. It says nothing about Uran not going, nor about the colombian or spanish national championships :confused:

Jasper said:
That article just says that the remaining three riders will be chosen out of Costa, Coyot, Rojas and Uran, depending on their performance in the national championships. It says nothing about Uran not going, nor about the colombian or spanish national championships :confused:
Correct. The point was that Uran is Colombian and He is not going to any National championship. So that means that they already know whether he is in or out. So I was just wondering which one it was.

TRENDING THREADS