• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tejay Van Garderen Discussion Thread

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
His reaction when he crossed the line, in tears, was heartbreaking...
I hope this win can make him bounce back from the past years failures and learn from previous mistakes so that he can contest top-5 on GTs... maybe already this year, at the Vuelta.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if he really needs to ride a gt for gc, go for the gc in one week races and just go stagehunting in a gt, less pressure, less stress and you don't have to perform on every single day, If you have a bad day you can try again on another day.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I don't know if he really needs to ride a gt for gc, go for the gc in one week races and just go stagehunting in a gt, less pressure, less stress and you don't have to perform on every single day, If you have a bad day you can try again on another day.

I think that's good advice, but...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-garderen-i-know-i-can-do-gc-in-a-grand-tour/

"I still think I'm capable of doing GC in a Grand Tour in the future, I'm not going to give up trying for that," van Garderen said. "Things might change as far as getting the full support of a team. I know that I'm not going to be up there with [Nairo] Quintana on Blockhaus, but I see myself as a similar rider to someone like [Tom] Dumoulin. I just need to eliminate these bad days and learn myself a bit more. But no, I'm not giving up on general classification."

Re: Re:

SlickMongoose said:
Mayomaniac said:

I think that's good advice, but...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-garderen-i-know-i-can-do-gc-in-a-grand-tour/

"I still think I'm capable of doing GC in a Grand Tour in the future, I'm not going to give up trying for that," van Garderen said. "Things might change as far as getting the full support of a team. I know that I'm not going to be up there with [Nairo] Quintana on Blockhaus, but I see myself as a similar rider to someone like [Tom] Dumoulin. I just need to eliminate these bad days and learn myself a bit more. But no, I'm not giving up on general classification."

If that's what he want, so what? He's free to believe in what he wants to believe, as is BMC free to support him if they think they should.
Whether that's true, or not, that's a different matter, but time (and results) will speak for themselves.

TRENDING THREADS