• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tenerife

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Frosty said:
Sunny and 17C in London at the moment. Should have stayed here and done a few circuits around Richmond Park, can even practice the cobblestones on the inside of 'Cancellara Corner.'

Today, between 1000 and 1400 m. a.s.l. I was passed by 9 cyclists, the time gaps between them were not very big, 8 of them wore a SKY outfit and one had a Danish looking flag on his jersey.
Considering this was only my second real ride of the year I didn't try to accelerate to get a better look at them :D

Anyway, who are those SKY cyclists? Where on the island are they staying?

BTW, weather was nice so I went for the top at 2153m and then continued down to 1980 m but when it started going up again towards El Teide (2350m?) my legs reminded me that it had been over half a century since my first racing license :eek:.

I didn't get cold on the way down, my extra layer stayed in the back pocket.

Le breton said:
Today, between 1000 and 1400 m. a.s.l. I was passed by 9 cyclists, the time gaps between them were not very big, 8 of them wore a SKY outfit and one had a Danish looking flag on his jersey.
Considering this was only my second real ride of the year I didn't try to accelerate to get a better look at them :D

Anyway, who are those SKY cyclists? Where on the island are they staying?

BTW, weather was nice so I went for the top at 2153m and then continued down to 1980 m but when it started going up again towards El Teide (2350m?) my legs reminded me that it had been over half a century since my first racing license :eek:.

I didn't get cold on the way down, my extra layer stayed in the back pocket.

EBH. Norwegian champion.

EdvaldBoassonHagenTDU_2889464.jpg

Netserk said:
SKY's classic squad is there ATM, and most likely also Wiggo. I'd guess they stay at the hotel there is on the top (or there about).

Yup, I imagine Wiggins is out there. Sutton is in Girona and Puccio is racing Tirreno so that leaves eight from Sky's classics squad (Hayman, Eisel, Stannard, Thomas, EBH, Rasch, Rowe and Swift) + the ninth man Wiggins. Everyone else is racing at P-N or Tirreno with the exception of neo-pro Edmondson.

Mrs John Murphy said:
I saw some lovely 1970's hairdos today and some how Wiggins and Sky came to mind. The blond down the front seems to have been Wiggins' inspiration in more ways than one.

00029516%20copy.jpg

No need to be cruel to those DDR girls. They didn't ask to dope. They didn't even have a choice. They're a lot different from pro cyclists--they're victims.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
I saw some lovely 1970's hairdos today and some how Wiggins and Sky came to mind. The blond down the front seems to have been Wiggins' inspiration in more ways than one.

00029516%20copy.jpg
those hairdos make me think of jimmy saville

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
http://www.paolotiralongo.it/news.html
After a period of relaxation interspersed by constant and continuous training, The "Pull", is set to make back your bags and fly to Tenerife Mount Teide from 21/03 to 09/04. An internship in height away from his beloved Sicily, but in the company of: Nibali, Gasparotto, Aru, Vanotti, Kessiakoff and Agnoli. His next race of the season is the Giro del Trentino in Italy from 16/04 to 19/04. Good Job as always.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
“I am one kilo less than last year and I feel stronger,” Nibali continued. “After the training camp at Tenerife, the sensations are good. I’ve been coming to Tenerife for years, but this is the longest I’ve stayed."

He's so pretty and Italian, he can't be doping. He even has a cute little nickname on the cyclingnews forum: "nibbles", another sign of purity.

happychappy said:
“I am one kilo less than last year and I feel stronger,” Nibali continued. “After the training camp at Tenerife, the sensations are good. I’ve been coming to Tenerife for years, but this is the longest I’ve stayed."

He's so pretty and Italian, he can't be doping. He even has a cute little nickname on the cyclingnews forum: "nibbles", another sign of purity.
I thought it is the brits with their high moral that are clean.