• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
sittingbison said:
SaMANtha as she is meant to be:
svSTOSURPAGEONE-420x0.jpg

:eek:

And now

rp6i.jpg

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
manafana said:
always have my questions about stosur, but she is an aussie gym monkey they had her in gym as a rookie like people can get muscley naturally but who knows who did what clean

Well she also grew up on the Gold Coast. So could be a lifestyle thing? ;)

Apart from the odd muscled photo, there's zero evidence Stosur dopes. She is guilty by association along with every other player while the ITF maintains its bluff of a testing programme.

USA Today has this on the largely unpublicised Cilic situation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...arin-cilic-reported-doping-violation/2751697/

It mentions that Steve Tignor makes the same criticism about the system (allowing players to lie and the international federation blithely going along with it to keep the public in a state of ignorance).

Truth and transparency in anti-doping, you see, is not something for the little guys. We don't need to know of these things.

The ITF should publish a full list of every player who has accepted a provisional suspension. It might explain some of those absences from the tour, like Nadal's. At the moment a player can take a secret suspension, fight his appeal with expensive lawyers, win it on a phony excuse like Agassi's or on a legal technicality and then return to the circuit without anyone being none the wiser, apart from being fooled into thinking the player had a knee problem.

And they call this a robust system in which we are supposed to have confidence. It's a con trick.

Nadal

Yeh they were saying that about Nadal last night...how he had been 7 months out and had come back playing in Greg Rusedski's opinion 'the best he had ever seen him play'.

Rusedski also pointed out that Nadal's knees weren't even bandaged up anymore.

Nadal is the forerunner in all this - he was the first big time doper to step into the ring and take doping to a new level and all the others had no choice but to follow.

Wawrinka

anyone see the Wawrinka, Baghdatis match ?

3rd set, strangely, went to a tie break and at 4-1 Wawrinka quite obviously, threw it...3 points which were a very poor throw at that. The next set went to a tie break which I didn't watch, just saw that it was another tie break.

When they went to shake hands at the net, Baghdatis had a word in Wawrinka's ear, quite a long talk.

Match fixing going on in my opinion.

The Hitch said:
Are you a troll account?

Anyway it's getting a bit annoying, I see this thread is trending think maybe there was an upset in tennis or something and then every day it's just you posting conspiracies with no real argument behind them.

why would I be trolling ? do you want me to write how good the Wiliiams, Stephenson match was ? or the Suarez Navarro match was exciting ? If you want to read that , then go read the sports section of the newspapers.

I backed up my observations about Wawrinka with the tiebreak situations.

This thread is about tennis and doping or anything else fishy that's going on in tennis. I don't hear anyone else saying my posts are trolling. I,ve better things to do than antagonise people.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how losing a tiebreak and talking to each other after a match means it must be rigged, but keep up the good work detective.

In other news, my Nadal bet is looking better every time i see him play.

Takes 7 months off due to a serious knee injury, comes back and is destroying everyone on hard courts. You couldnt make this stuff up. I think even a fully charged Djokovic will have a hard time beating this current version of Nadal.

And how did this guy lose to some journeyman at Wimbledon? what a joke.

the sceptic said:
Not sure how losing a tiebreak and talking to each other after a match means it must be rigged, but keep up the good work detective.

In other news, my Nadal bet is looking better every time i see him play.

Takes 7 months off due to a serious knee injury, comes back and is destroying everyone on hard courts. You couldnt make this stuff up. I think even a fully charged Djokovic will have a hard time beating this current version of Nadal.

And how did this guy lose to some journeyman at Wimbledon? what a joke.

Sounds like the Chris Horner of Tennis.

6 months off with a knee injury and he's about to win the Vuelta.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Sounds like the Chris Horner of Tennis.

6 months off with a knee injury and he's about to win the Vuelta.

Won't be long before we see professional sportsmen deliberately smashing their own knee caps in order to aid performance.

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Yeh they were saying that about Nadal last night...how he had been 7 months out and had come back playing in Greg Rusedski's opinion 'the best he had ever seen him play'.

Rusedski also pointed out that Nadal's knees weren't even bandaged up anymore.

Nadal is the forerunner in all this - he was the first big time doper to step into the ring and take doping to a new level and all the others had no choice but to follow.

The knees have always been just a story IMO - I've never seen him limp on court. It's a ready made excuse that the Nadal team has been nuturing all through his career to trot out whenever it's needed. It's also possible he uses PRP therapy to enhance his performance.

The Spanish are very tight and there are never going to be any in-house arguments that were Lance's downfall - it took a bit of luck even to catch Contador.

sceptics

So now its a sweeping generalisation that Spaniards all dope and its in-house. What about the serbs, croats, italians and belgians..oh and the french ?

where's all the evidence ? has anyone actually seen Nadal being injected with steroids or ingesting them :rolleyes:

Yes... well quit calling me out for conspiracy theories.

Now back to that Wawrinka tie-break....obviousy no-one saw that match so no-one can criticise my observations.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
So now its a sweeping generalisation that Spaniards all dope and its in-house. What about the serbs, croats, italians and belgians..oh and the french ?

where's all the evidence ? has anyone actually seen Nadal being injected with steroids or ingesting them :rolleyes:

Yes... well quit calling me out for conspiracy theories.

Now back to that Wawrinka tie-break....obviousy no-one saw that match so no-one can criticise my observations.
you missed my previous post.
I'm a fan of your posts, cycle chick.
even if i don't agree with all of them (e.g. the fixed wimbledon final), i welcome your views and your skepsis.

ow, and i'm certainly not saying all spaniards dope while the others don't.
i'm saying apparently the spaniards are still doping at another level.
the spanish armada is just a joke.
either they have better juice than others or (more likely) the testing and anti-doping rules in spain are still a lot laxer than many in other parts of the world.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

I'm not saying the match wasn't fixed. But you said they talked for quite a bit at the end of the match and you proposed that as an indication of match fixing. That's definitely far-fetched, imo. If the match had been fixed, surely they'd be wise enough not to talk about it in front of cameras.

Cycle Chic said:
7 months is quite adequate time to get knee recovery and rehab.

What evidence do you all have that Nadal is faking his injury time outs ??

Back up your claims !!

Your sarcasm actually makes more sense then when you are talking straight.

Exactly there is no evidence that Nadal is faking injury timeouts.

Its unnecesarily complicated. Thats what this thread is full of, people interpreting the most simple on court behaviour as signs of doping or lying or other cheating.

Doping is simple. You take the drugs and move on. Theres no secret handshake yall will be able to identify while watching the feed.

yet you claim to recognize a match being fixed because 2 players whisper to eachother after the game. :rolleyes:

sniper said:
I'm not saying the match wasn't fixed. But you said they talked for quite a bit at the end of the match and you proposed that as an indication of match fixing. That's definitely far-fetched, imo. If the match had been fixed, surely they'd be wise enough not to talk about it in front of cameras.

I didn't suggest match fixing just on the 'talk in the ear'....it was obviously so the cameras couldn't tell what was said. It was Baghdatis who spoke...who knows what was said but it was odd after how that match played out.

My main evidence was the unbelieveably pathetic points by Wawrinka in the 3rd set tiebreak. He was up 2 sets easily..and bizarrely played like a tank in the 3rd tiebreak. The 4th set also went to a tiebreak. I,ve watched tennis over the years and I know when a player throws a few points...Del Potro is the master at it.

When Davydenko was caught match fixing it was based on match play.

Cycle Chic said:
I didn't suggest match fixing just on the 'talk in the ear'....it was obviously so the cameras couldn't tell what was said. It was Baghdatis who spoke...who knows what was said but it was odd after how that match played out.

My main evidence was the unbelieveably pathetic points by Wawrinka in the 3rd set tiebreak. He was up 2 sets easily..and bizarrely played like a tank in the 3rd tiebreak. The 4th set also went to a tiebreak. I,ve watched tennis over the years and I know when a player throws a few points...Del Potro is the master at it.

When Davydenko was caught match fixing it was based on match play.

The problem is you see flying elephants everywhere. Since you joined the forum youve posted again and again and again wild conspiracy theories that often have easily been disproven so when you announce you saw match fixing, its kinda like the boy who cried wolf.

TRENDING THREADS