• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

robow7 said:
This is the one I shook my head at in disbelief a few years ago. How do you play professional tennis for several years at a top level and then go, "Hey maybe I should drop 30 lbs over 6 months" ? How the hell do you do that? I played major collegiate tennis and when you're on the court for 6 hours or more a day, we were gobbling down calories left and right just to keep our weight from slipping into the red zone. Mardy's "body transformation" always left me a little puzzled.

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/star-t ... nd-healthy

how?

you know how!

like Froome-dawg and Wigans.

lipotropin/AOD9105 + AICAR + GW501516 mebbe a little cortisone.

it aint a Tyler Hamilton caloric deficit. They mmight have had a caloric deficit diet in the previous epoch, and still hit a healthy 73 kg for Froome and a healthy 75kg for Wiggins as a roadie, and a roadie wit gc aspirations. They still hit an equilibrium with the caloric deficit MO.

The only reason they get aroung ~7% to ~9% less than this previous equilibrium weight with the caloric deficit, the Michael Rasmussen, Tyler Hamilton ricecake diet, is BECAUSE of AICAR and lipotropin and GW501516. They had cortison previously, they had caloric deficit previously, they never had these other gene peptides and pituitary stinulating drugs.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Lifted from the ITF decision on Odesnik

Mr Odesnik, a 29-year-old player from the USA, provided an out-of-competition urine sample to USADA on 14 December 2014, and further samples to the ITF (on behalf of the Programme) on 17 December 2014 and 12 January 2015. Those samples were sent to WADA-accredited laboratories in Salt Lake City, USA and Montreal, Canada for analysis, and were found to contain one or more of: metabolites of methenolone; metabolites of androst-(2,3)-en-17-one; and GHRP-6. All are Prohibited Substances under the 2014 and 2015 WADA List of Prohibited Substances: methenolone under section S1 (Anabolic agents); androst-(2,3)-en-17-one under section S4 (Hormone and metabolic modulators); and GHRP-6 under Section 2 (Peptide hormones, growth factors, related substances and mimetics). They are therefore also prohibited under the 2014 and 2015 versions of the Programme.

It seems like he was on a cocktail of peds. Does anyone know what these drugs are intended to do for a tennis player? Could other substances have been involved that were not picked up? He was also a user of hgh, so are there any general pointers on drugs in tennis that can be drawn from what Odesnik was using.

I say anabolic steroids for everyone ! We should all improve our skeletal muscle structure, even if you just like to garden. And toss in some anti-inflammatory roids as well so we can work more often with less pain, and wait till you see my tomatoes.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Roids such as dianobol and the like will alwyas be useful for the bigger guys as they provide fluid to the joints and make the ability to get across court and bend and flex that much easier, a common unknown side effect which is critical for tennis is that they actually provide added fluids within the eye and can improve vision by up to 20% and this is crucial in seeing a serve or the spin on a ball early.
The down side to these are the damage they can do to your liver and kidneys which is where a lot of the other drugs such as nandrolone come in as they are predominantly aimed at assisting the body to cope with the roids and don't provide any assistance themselves for performance per se.
Add to that the usual EPO for added endurance for long matches and some HGH and corticoids and you will produce a pretty good athlete
Then you just need a natural hand eye co-ordination and a good coach.
Simples

Re:

robertmooreheadlane said:
a common unknown side effect which is critical for tennis is that they actually provide added fluids within the eye and can improve vision by up to 20% and this is crucial in seeing a serve or the spin on a ball early.

May I ask where you came up with this information? Certain forms of steroids both topical and systemic if used over time can lead to premature cataracts (posterior subcapsular) and in some cases induce glaucoma but not sure where you came up with the "improve vision by 20% due to added fluids" ?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

robow7 said:
robertmooreheadlane said:
a common unknown side effect which is critical for tennis is that they actually provide added fluids within the eye and can improve vision by up to 20% and this is crucial in seeing a serve or the spin on a ball early.

May I ask where you came up with this information? Certain forms of steroids both topical and systemic if used over time can lead to premature cataracts (posterior subcapsular) and in some cases induce glaucoma but not sure where you came up with the "improve vision by 20% due to added fluids" ?

it is one of those urban myths that hgh helps your eyesight by aiding the small micro muscles controlling your eyes and vision. sounds like bs.

i know these new peptide hormone stimulators can build muscles from nowhere, but they also render significant tissue and fat. if they only build muscle and add a few percent on every muscle, p'raps this would be valid. But this was about a steroid?

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What irks me about tennis are the Williams sisters. It's so obvious that, especially Serena, they are steroid dopers but nobody does anything to catch them.

That dude went to hell and beyond to nail Armstrong but the more obvious ones are left to prosper.

Looking at Williams sisters makes me think "wtf give Lance his titles back".

Re:

SkyTears said:
What irks me about tennis are the Williams sisters. It's so obvious that, especially Serena, they are steroid dopers but nobody does anything to catch them.

That dude went to hell and beyond to nail Armstrong but the more obvious ones are left to prosper.

What exactly makes Venus in particular in your eyes such an obvious case of being a doper? Her physiology isn't any more enhanced than any of her other tennis rivals.

Angliru said:
SkyTears said:

What exactly makes Venus in particular in your eyes such an obvious case of being a doper? Her physiology isn't any more enhanced than any of her other tennis rivals.

I have the same reaction. She looks normal to me. Serena looks freakish. Could easily see where Venus is clean. Serena? No chance.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
i think a lot of the top players hear the spin before they see it, which is why a lot of players grunt, to drown out the sound the strings make when they hit the ball with spin. That might sound strange but i think more than a few top players have said that. Could be wrong

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
David Ferrers jawline bugs me, no way that is natural
E29F30DEC39B493AAAE4F56BBA6A1D3C.ashx

and looking at a pic from 2006, the jawline has definitely expanded
2006.jpg

is that HGH?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SkyTears said:
I have that same feeling when looking at Team Sky.

but yeah, Serena is ridiculous. The parallels with former East German athletes are compelling.
And it's the institutional protection she and other dopers are receiving from the ITF and WTA combined (the WTF?) that is particularly troublesome.
When did the last female tennis player test positive? Can't remember any.

Re:

bewildered said:
i think a lot of the top players hear the spin before they see it, which is why a lot of players grunt, to drown out the sound the strings make when they hit the ball with spin. That might sound strange but i think more than a few top players have said that. Could be wrong

Damn Monica Seles for starting that whole thing, a grunt on every stroke.....even a dropshot. They should have busted her and stopped this nonsense in the very beginning because I can't even bear to watch a women's match anymore unless I turn the sound off. Often the players will cite the fact that it helps them to focus on the stroke but yet if you watch them on the practice courts, they often won't grunt at all.

Btw, you don't really hear the "spin" of the ball but rather the ball-racquet contact which does give you a clue as to how hard the ball was struck, whether it was mishit, or even if your opponent has broken a string. The sound does give you a few micro seconds of heads up but it's mostly visual. Many venues have such significant background noise that you can't begin to hear the ball contact anyway.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

When did the last female tennis player test positive? Can't remember any.[/quote]

Because it's a problem that doesn't exist :)

24DB524200000578-0-Samantha_Stosur_of_Australia_plays_a_backhand_in_her_first_round-a-56_1421729483475.jpg
[/quote]

i am opening this up to the board, taking a poll if I should change my avatar from Yellow Rose to this? No Armstrong sockpuppets, but EvamarieB, or elizaB is allowed to vote.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

the delgados said:
Clearly the drugs don't work.
I have no idea who that player is.

slamming sammy stosur

it made DFW go off and top himself with all the doping in tennis. There are no articles by DFW on Slamming Sammy.

#turninginhisgrave

We need to see Aaron Krickstein come back. The only player besides DFW who makes a bandana look good. and the portable fridges on his knees, or one of them atleast.

TRENDING THREADS