• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2015 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Moving up 31 places I can't believe it, I didn't have many riders last week thought the worse.
Thanks for doing the up-dates Skid. Inside the top 40 this late in the year WOO - HOO !!!

Thanks for the update Skidmark.

I'm Highly Uran dependent.

Glad that i picked him.

My team is more GC oriented, so hopefully by the end of the Tour i'll be in the Top 10.

Only regret is not picking up Ewan.

Wonder if he'll have a season like Coquard's maiden one.

Seems like another 5th place for Alberto in a WT stage race and similar points (104 for GC and 14 + 8 for stages compared to 125 from T-A) not what I was hoping for and Alberto could definitely use some luck! But Giro & TDF were always going to bring in the biggest chunk of his 2015 score. I guess if he scored a combined 1600 points in them I could be happy. 2000 points mark. And he'd be cheap enough to pick again next year ;)

I couldn't help but think when watching the finale of the Catalunya stage today how it would have been perfect for Rodriguez, sigh. Oh well, Porte is going to take points away from everyone else, Atapuma is doing decently, and no one in the top 10 is a really popular pick (I was worried about Froome coming in).

I didn't know my full lineups earlier this week as they weren't posted, but I think my only guys in Coppi e Bartali are Kump, Filosi and Sergio Henao (good to see him back!), of whom I expect little. For Criterium International I've got:

Konrad
Ledanois
McLay
Moser
Mohoric
Brajkovic

Could be alright - Brajko has been targeting this, and Konrad could certainly end in the top 10 if all goes well. The others, not so sure.

EvansIsTheBest said:
The week is going pretty well so far. Benoot was strong in Dwars and Boudat just scored his first points to go directly into profit :)

Hopefully Sagan can keep the momentum going tomorrow.

Well, that plan went down the drain. Got in even behind the chasers. Seems like he had absolutely nothing left in the last 10k.

Re:

Netserk said:
Those last few km must have hurt for those with Sagan :eek: :eek:

Yeah, good god. It went from 'hmm, I hope he gets 2nd here so he has motivation to go for top points in G-W too' to 'ohhhhhhh crap' in like 5 minutes. Sigh. Time to hit the panic button decisively. After Strade Bianche, I was like 'okay well he blew up here but he'll learn how to measure himself and get top placings from now on' and San Remo, although underwhelming, seemed to confirm that. Now, I just don't know. Fingers crossed I guess... unless he has a torrid late season with results in both the Canadian races and the Worlds, I don't see how he can do much better than 2000 tops, now. It's not only today, but the worrisome fact that he was cooked in a 200km race after doing what you could only expect a reasonable amount of work in the winning break to be. How's he gonna be in Flanders and Roubaix? I shudder to think.

At least Atapuma moved up the GC in Catalunya.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cancellara, is out for the rest of the spring classics :eek: The one guy I had that could make a big difference for my team being the only guy to have picked him. 1000+ points down the drain, good thing in the Volta a Catalunya I'm sitting 1,5,and 6 on GC