• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

shalgo said:
Benjamin Thomas into profit.
Well that is something at least. My last minute team over budget fix was replacing Turgis with him. Still kicking myself over that choice.
Looking at my team there were certainly much better riders to switch out but such is the problem with messing up your team.

LaFlorecita said:
Nice result for me in the Italian nationals TT, picking a dozen Italians finally pays off :p

Bettiol 2nd, Affini 4th, Felline 7th and Cattaneo 8th for a total of over 100 points :)
Padun scored points for his win in Ukraine as well, against dreadful competition to be fair.
Disappointed though that Harry Tanfield was only 11th in GB after his 2nd place last year.

I'm surprised how many points are on offer in these TTs. For example, I got 21 points from a 7th place for Óscar Rodríguez in Spain. The same for Felline in Italy, obviously many more for Bettiol's second place and 36 for Evenepoel. Also Küng, Padun and Vakoc scored double digit points even if their countries are classified in a different category than the big countries.

It's looking pretty good this week, Caicedo, one of my worst picks, scored 45 points if you combine the RR and the ITT.
Vakoc got another podium and Bettiol and Fabbro scored almost 110 points in the italian RR. Aru, Conci, Ciccone and Carboni also all scored a few points.

I should be getting some good points from the Championships. I have two national champions (Valverde and Swift) along with at least 3 other riders scoring points. Geschke finishing in the top 10.

edited for US Nationals results. Two top 5's there. So I have to go with today being a good day for my team. Two championships, plus one more podium, another top 5 and another top 10. Plus a few more points. I'm happy with my Nationals results. This doesn't include Bettiol because he's on most teams.

Re:

Koronin said:
I should be getting some good points from the Championships. I have two national champions (Valverde and Swift) along with at least 3 other riders scoring points. Geschke finishing in the top 10.

edited for US Nationals results. Two top 5's there. So I have to go with today being a good day for my team. Two championships, plus one more podium, another top 5 and another top 10. Plus a few more points. I'm happy with my Nationals results. This doesn't include Bettiol because he's on most teams.
So hard to tell what is a good result in the nationals. Quote a few points going down so might be more about number of people in top 10 rather than jsut winner.
Winners help of course. Got a couple of winners but literally no idea of where in the rankings that will put me for the week.

Re: Re:

Tigerion said:
Koronin said:

So hard to tell what is a good result in the nationals. Quote a few points going down so might be more about number of people in top 10 rather than jsut winner.
Winners help of course. Got a couple of winners but literally no idea of where in the rankings that will put me for the week.

I have no idea where it will actually put me for the week, but I feel good about my boys results today. Of course the week also includes the ITTs where are another matter.

Yeah, go Carboni. And Betancur & Valls in Austria.
Here's my team for Le Tour:
LANDA MEANA Mikel, NIBALI Vincenzo, VAN AERT Wout, ANDERSEN Søren Kragh, ZAKARIN Ilnur, ARU Fabio, GAUDU David, MARTIN Tony, DE BUYST Jasper, BETTIOL Alberto

Not bad at all, but would have preferred if Nibali, Zakarin & Landa had done La Vuelta instead.

Tour line up:

Landa
Nibali
Trentin
Zakarin
Barguil
Aru
Gaudu
Felline
Rowe
Bettiol
Kamna

Not great, but not terrible. A lot depends on how Landa & Nibali are after the Giro. Gaviria missing out is a rel blow for the sprint stages.

Update #25: ansimi has all the answers

National championships abounds. Having an international team is often the way to go this week. Or several riders from big nations doing well.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 ansimi 807
2 Nyssinator 710
3 Londonpat 692
4 Kryvo 687
5 Tigerion 678

Clear victory for ansimi, who follows both tactics mentioned. TT champ Van Aert (142 points) is the biggest scorer, closely followed by a couple of other TT performers in Bettiol (114 points) and Asgreen (110 points). Add to that 9 other scorers with more than 30 points (three Belgians, a Norwegian, a German, two Italians, a Canadian and a Czech) and you have a dominating weekly win. Nyssinator in 2nd place has all the three mentioned big scorers in addition to British road champ Swift (100 points), but the minor scorers aren't as plentiful for Nyssinator. Londonpat in 3rd place goes down a slightly different route, with le tricolore Barguil (140 points) leading the line.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 ansimi (+18)
2 comodoro (+14)
3 JPettersen (+10)
3 DJ Sprtsch (+10)
5 Lortnoc (+8)
5 NorthAmericanScum (+8)
5 Londonpat (+8)

Double victory for ansimi. comodoro, who moves 14 places, outdoes even ansimi when it comes to supporting cast. With just Bettiol above 100, there's a legion of minor scorers to bring the team to 677 points and the 2nd highest move of the week. JPettersen share 3rd spot here with fellow Van Aertian DJ Sprtsch.

This Month's Top Scorers

Rank Team Up/down
1 SafeBet 2123
2 ansimi 2062
3 Jon_Ezeitza 2009
4 karaev 1966
5 MADRAZO 1944

Despite not being in the weekly top 5 once this month, SafeBet is quite comfortably this month's highest scorer. A lot of popular picks have carried the load for their team, which may explain the lack of standout weekly performances. Bernal (422 points), Van Aert (328 points) and Evenepoel (297 points) are the main scorers. National champion ansimi is in 2nd, relying mostly on the aforementioned Van Aert and Evenepoel as well as Philipsen (225 points). Jon_Ezeitza is 3rd with young guns Bernal, Evenepoel, Jakobsen (250 points) and Philipsen. Twice weekly winner MADRAZO is only 5th for the month.

This Month's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 ansimi (+37)
2 JPettersen (+31)
3 Josedin (+25)
4 Jon_Ezeitza (+23)
5 Squire (+21)

The late surge by ansimi sees them being the highest mover of the month. JPettersen and Josedin also make considerable leaps. The latter also relies on some of the usual suspects for this month: Bernal, Evenepoel and Philipsen.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 MADRAZO 185
2 armchairclimber 175
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 TheArt 160

No change near the top here.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) karaev 9126
2 (-) fauniera 9020
3 (-) skidmark 8989
4 (-) Kryvo 8868
5 (+3) Nyssinator 8646
6 (-1) Object 8586
7 (-) TheArt 8529
8 (-2) ruvu75 8526
9 (+1) SafeBet 8467
10 (+3) Tigerion 8429

Nyssinator rides their weekly 2nd place up the standings, while fauniera claws 83 points closer to karaev's lead. 4th-placed Kryvo closes the gap to the teams in front quite considerably with their 687 points this week which is good enough for a weekly 4th place. Tigerion is back in the top 10 after a two-week absence. Next up is the Tour de France! In a few weeks, these standings could all be turned upside down.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Re:

tobydawq said:
I have Landa, Nibali, Aru, Ewan, Trentin, Kragh, Küng, Reichenbach, Bettiol, Rowe, Cosnefroy and Felline.

A solid group of riders but I'm not certain they will all be ferocious point machines.
If they were all in top shape and not on Giro-Tour doubles and whatnot, that would be a very solid lineup.

Here's mine:
GALLOPIN Tony
GAUDU David
BETTIOL Alberto
ARU Fabio
PORTE Richie
FELLINE Fabio
BONIFAZIO Niccolò
ZAKARIN Ilnur
EIKING Odd Christian
NIZZOLO Giacomo
BARGUIL Warren

More or less exclusively wildcards. I'm ready to be disappointed.