• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Think Planckaert and Lammertink have gained about 250 points at Luxembourg. Very handy after a fairly moribund Giro

It's all about Porte at the Dauphine. Gaudu and Lambrecht will be stymied by the TT, and can't really expect anything from Padun or Atapuma

Van Der Horn continues to be an astonishingy bad pick. Will be lucky to reach 25% at this rate, despite loads of race days

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
LaFlorecita said:
LaFlorecita said:
LaFlorecita said:
In Lugano I have Nibali, Aru, Chaves, Riabushenko and Imerio Cima. Not expecting many points.
Never mind - 2nd and 5th for Riabushenko(!!!) and Nibali :)
Nice, I got 5th and 6th with Nibali and Carboni, I also had Aru.
Dani Munoz and Rivera also scored some nice points in Romania.
Dani Muñoz is a very nice pick. Together with Thibault Ferasse probably the best pick of the week. Both cost 2 points and won a 2.1 race... Not sure if anyone picked Ferasse in this game but I know a couple did in the youth game

Update #22: MADRAZO wins the week

The week inbetween the Giro and the Dauphiné is not as barren as you'd think. Stage races galore made for plenty of opportunities for the CQ managers, and a couple of rarely picked 2-pointers really showed their worth by winning two of them.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 MADRAZO 473
2 Ferminal 462
3 Jancouver 417
4 Squire 363
5 repre 353

It's a podium of very experienced CQ-ers: MADRAZO, Ferminal and Jancouver have all participated in every CQ game edition. MADRAZO takes the week with a slim margin ahead of Ferminal with both teams profiting from Thibault Ferasse's surprising win in Boucles de la Mayenne. Ferminal even has the other stage-race-winning 2-pointer in Daniel Munoz, but MADRAZO outscores them with the help of Coquard, Planckaert and Kump, who all get more than 50 points. Jancouver in 3rd has big contributions from Munoz and Coquard.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Squire (+13)
2 repre (+11)
3 Ferminal (+9)
3 oliveira (+9)
5 Joelsim (+8)

With 4th on the week and a poor starting position, yours truly is the highest mover with a jump of 13 places. repre, 5th placed on the week, also moves more than 10 placings. Team Squire profits from Coquard and Planckaert in addition to 2nd placed overall in Luxembourg, Maurits Lammertink, who finally comes to life. It seems like I always do well when I'm the one doing the updates. Maybe I should sign up for more months of updates next year...

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 skidmark 171
2 ruvu75 166
3 TheArt 160
4 armchairclimber 153
4 Googolplex 153

skidmark keeps the lead and scores 4 more points this week, while ruvu75 is rewarded with 16 points for 8th place on the week, and moves from 5th to 2nd place. None of the others in the top5 get on the scoreboard this week.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) skidmark 7730
2 (-) fauniera 7618
3 (-) Object 7472
4 (-) karaev 7432
5 (+4) ruvu75 7305
6 (+1) Kryvo 7293
7 (-2) TheArt 7290
8 (-2) DFA123 7195
9 (-1) Nyssinator 7187
10 (-) Tigerion 7103

skidmark extends his lead with another 40 points on fauniera and gains 161 points on Object. ruvu75 rides their good week courtesy of Daniel Munoz' win in Romania to 5th place overall, a jump of 4 placings. No new entries in the top 10 this week.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Being 4th this far in to the season is the highest I have ever been... Could've been much better with Bernal healthy tho...I also have Kittel, Cav and Aru who are not scoring anything so I got to say that I am really happy with the rest of my team! Hope Bernal comes back strong in TdF because I do not havevmany GC guys for that race..

Karaev1 said:
Being 4th this far in to the season is the highest I have ever been... Could've been much better with Bernal healthy tho...I also have Kittel, Cav and Aru who are not scoring anything so I got to say that I am really happy with the rest of my team! Hope Bernal comes back strong in TdF because I do not havevmany GC guys for that race..

Nice. For TDF I have Bernal, Porte and Nibali (and Louis! Haaahaa). Maybe not too bad. And we'll see if Gaviria, Trentin and Theuns can get a stage win. Cav? I don't think so!

Also, is it too early to talk about TDF? I'm loving the Duaphine so far (Thanks to Wout). I try to keep July open to watch TDF, but screwed that up with work trips.

Nice to see Barguil looking better in Dauphiné. Funnily enough, despite his miserable season so far, he's still a couple points ahead of his 2018 season up to this point :eek: have to wonder what could have happened if he hadn't been injured in 2 bad crashes.

Also good to see Vliegen score a top-10 in Belgium, CQ has him 7th on GC but I think that should be 8th. Either way around 60 points for him :)

No issues Squire on the update. I'm just glad there is someone out there willing to do it. I wish I had the time/skills to help out myself.
A lot of big changes to opportunities this week. I know that people don't have Dumoulin but still a big loss to TdF. Makes it a little less exciting. My fantasy team has been dropping fast since Trentin stopped winning races. Things are looking a little more hopeful with Bernal at the TDF, and now Aru at the Vuelta (please not the TdF). And hopefully some points from Nibali and Porte. I just need Gaviria to race TdF and i could move up a bit in the standings. And maybe get lucky with one of my other 8 TdF starters (De Plus? Trentin?). Now I'm really looking forward to July!

Update #23: MADRAZO wins the week

No, it's not a broken record, nor me having forgotten to change the headline of the update. MADRAZO does it again!

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 MADRAZO 690
2 Amis_Velo 596
3 AlyKaptan 580
4 ansimi 543
5 armchairclimber 531

This time it's Poels (3 picks) and his podium at the Dauphiné that mostly does it for MADRAZO. Porte, Coquard and Lobato chip in, too, and of course the prodigious Evenepoel who won the Tour of Belgium, but he's obviously in most teams that score well this week. Almost 100 points off MADRAZO is Amis_Velo in 2nd who also profits from Poels. AlyKaptan shows up with the combination of Van Aert, unique pick Grosu, Vliegen and of course Evenepoel.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Amis_Velo (+18)
2 MADRAZO (+12)
2 ansimi (+12)
4 Squire (+10)
5 JPettersen (+9)
5 AlyKaptan (+9)
5 armchairclimber (+9)

Both Amis_Velo and MADRAZO make Poels vaults up the standing, along with Van Aert-fuelled jumper ansimi.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 MADRAZO 185
2 armchairclimber 175
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 TheArt 160

Their second win in a row gives MADRAZO the green jersey as well! armchairclimber also leapfrogs the former podium with a great week, placing 5th in the weekly standings. The all-Belgian quartet of Evenepoel, Van Aert, Philipsen and Lambrecht do the job for armchairclimber.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) skidmark 8165
2 (+2) karaev 7890
3 (-1) fauniera 7859
4 (-1) Object 7808
5 (+1) Kryvo 7748
6 (-1) ruvu75 7708
7 (-) TheArt 7690
8 (+1) Nyssinator 7627
9 (+12) MADRAZO 7463
10 (-2) DFA123 7459

We couldn't have a ranking without MADRAZO in it now, could we? The weekly winner vaults into the top 10, bumping Tigerion out in the process. Karaev almost doubles what fauniera scored this week, so we have a new challenger to the throne. skidmark's lead over 2nd place extends significantly and is now almost 300 points.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Thanks for the update.
I lost 6 positions and dropped back into the 80s, Jancouver is now just 10 points behind me.
My hopes for this week are also rather low, Kung winning the ITT in the TdS would be nice and Kämna and Aru could actually ride a decent gc. I also have Carboni who finished inside the top 10 in Occitanie, he could ride a decent gc. With that he'd probably already be a positive investment and he should score even more points in Adriatica-Ionica and tge Österreich Rundfahrt. The NC week will mainly be about the tts in Italy and Swiss with Kung, Bettiol and Ganna and the Italian RR.

Thanks for the update.

Apparently I had a decent week and actually moved up a few spots. Plus the bottom 9 riders on my team are all in positive territory along with 7 other riders and 2 riders who are very close to positive territory. Plus I know I have some points coming from this week.