• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Huge respect to all the main contenders to this year's CQ glory!

A few weeks ago I was in the top-10. Now I don't even bother to open the spreadsheet anymore - it has become that depressing!

Scouting for the coming years games though! :geek:

IMG-20190629-WA0088-1024x666.jpg

Tomorrow, Clásica Rubén Darío Gómez kicks off in Pereira (The Hammer Series will visit here next year as well).

It is a 3-day event which includes a mountain-TT and very demanding climbing on stage-3 including Apia (cat-1) and Cuchilla de la Línea (cat-1).

Last year Andres Camilo Ardila won stage-2 into Balboa - You know the tiny sputnik who won the Baby-giro, with more than 4 minutes this year even with alleged knee-troubles :lol:.

In the U17 event, Jhony Carapaz will be at the start-line. --- He went 2:19’403 last year in the IP (New national Ecuadorian U17 record) anyway let's see how he handles the cols against the Colombians.

Tour line up
Bettiol
Cosnefroy
Felline
Trentin
Van Aert
Nibali
Aru
Zakarin

Obviously my team was built around Froome's fifth Tour so I'm not expecting many points GC wise.
Hope Van Aert will keep his form and get a stage win.

My Tour line up:

MÜHLBERGER Gregor
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
ASGREEN Kasper
COSNEFROY Benoît
NIBALI Vincenzo
GARCÍA CORTINA Iván
DE PLUS Laurens
MARTIN Tony
BETTIOL Alberto
GESCHKE Simon
ARU Fabio
KÄMNA Lennard
POLITT Nils

Looks good at first sight as most of them had a good season so far. However, my GC hopes are limited and I fear that most of my team will have to do plenty of domestique work.

Well, so far the season has been a disaster for me and I'm not sure I'll be able to change my fortune at the Tour. Seeing Rivera finally doing something today was nice though.

Tour team

Pöstlberger
Gaudu
Gallopin
De Plus
Trentin
Bettiol
Aru
Philipsen
Felline
Kämna
Bonifazio
Zakarin
Nizzolo

Once again, I have quite a few guys, but noone inspires great confidence to do something big.

Re:

Kazistuta said:
Finally some success for Kevin Rivera in Sibiu Tour. It took half a season to get there, but hopefully from now on he will shine in the lower ranked stage races.

it has taken 18 months for me (I also had him last season) :Neutral:

for le tour I have:

Nibali
Bettiol
Aru
Henao
Zakarin
Greipel

oh dear lord! :redface:

unless Greipel sprouts wings or Henao comes out of nowhere, I have (big) issues...

as we are halfway through 2019, I thought I would look at who has been a good pick and a bad one for my team. I am excluding the obvious popular ones like Nibali, Evenepoel, Bettiol (good) and Aru, Meintjes, Kittel, Cavendish (bad)

the bad:
Greipel - lol, I have no hope left
Henao - I have more hope left then I should
Rui Oliveira - who knows
Padun - don't think anyone could have predicted that

the good:
Coquard - still quite surprised only 6 others picked him
Dunbar, Lambrecht - both doing quite nicely and impressing
Affini - I thought loads picked him until he had a great week then I realised only 13 others did
Vliegen, Brandle - they have both only really scored points in one race but that has been enough so far

the ones who I picked last year and were on my shortlist this year but I did not pick because I am an idiot:
Gaudu, Halvorsen and maybe Cosnefroy soon

some others who were on my shortlist (I just checked it) and maybe I should have picked:
Oscar Rodriguez, Baptiste Planckaert, Valter, Schachmann, Pogacar
(tbf, there were also some dreadful potential picks on the shortlist as well)

anyway, that is why I was below 100th until 6 weeks ago and am currently 70th...!

Back into the top 10 so nationals week was good for me :)

For le tour I have
TRENTIN Matteo
Ewan Caleb
DURBRIDGE Luke
BARGUIL Warren
GAUDU David
GARCIA CORTINA Ivan
NIBALI Vincenzo
ARU Fabio
CUMMINGS Stephen
LANGEVELD Sebastian
BETTIOL Alberto

Not horrible but unlikely to be enough to keep a top ranking.

Re:

Tigerion said:
Back into the top 10 so nationals week was good for me :)

For le tour I have
TRENTIN Matteo
Ewan Caleb
DURBRIDGE Luke
BARGUIL Warren
GAUDU David
GARCIA CORTINA Ivan
NIBALI Vincenzo
ARU Fabio
CUMMINGS Stephen
LANGEVELD Sebastian
BETTIOL Alberto

Not horrible but unlikely to be enough to keep a top ranking.

Well you did get some guaranteed stage points for today.

You know, I am unlikely to win this year (unless I grab the green jersey) but I have some outstanding picks. Ciccone may not be massively in profit, but what a rider he has been to cheer on. I hope he stays in yellow for a day or two then goes back to KOM points hunting. I could do with a few from Schachmann in the tour (even though he has already delivered for me in spades). With Pogacar, Lambrecht, Philipsen and Hirschi all doing nicely I can say "you can win with kids".

Hey all, just a quick note - I'm back on the updates but had a bit of a push to the end of my remote work contract, so I'm just getting back into more regular internet now. The last update that should have been out Monday will be out in the next 24 hours (luckily it's a pretty minor one anyway with just the first couple of stages of the Tour) and then I'll try to get this week's out in good time, by mid-week. I'm in more regular internet access as I've said, but I'm travelling for a couple of weeks so my schedule is erratic. Regular updates should be back to Mondays or Tuesdays starting in August.

Update #26: laarsland wins calm week before full on Tour madness begins

This update is for the week that ended July 7th, which included the first two stages of the Tour and the Sibiu Cycling Tour. The Tour is always an interesting time of year for the game, as other major stage races generally don't overlap (aside from Pologne in Olympic years), and although the stage points at the Tour are high, the best talent in the sport is there which sometimes means that the highest scorers aren't riders that are picked much in this game. With the first weekend down, let's see who came away the best (hint: it's the three teams who picked Teunissen).

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 laarsland 343
2 Jancouver 295
3 repre 285
4 Joelsim 273
5 oliveira 255

laarsland gets the win this week, the basis of which rests on the twin pillars of Mike Teunissen (140 points, 3 teams) and Kevin Rivera (142 points, 30 teams), the latter of which finally lived up to the promise he showed a couple of years ago by winning in Romania. Jancouver nabs second with Rivera as well as the rare (11 teams) Daniel Felipe Munoz, who scored 90 points this week to bring his total to 266 on a cost of 2. repre slides into third with the same combo as Jancouver.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 laarsland (+17)
2 Joelsim (+12)
3 repre (+11)
4 PremierAndrew (+9)
4 Jancouver (+9)

This list looks very similar to the first one, with a low-point week leading to only a handful of double digit leaps in the standings. Joelsim is a new podium member here, yet another team with the Rivera-Munoz combo.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 MADRAZO 185
2 armchairclimber 175
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 Jancouver 161

A new entry into the top 5 this week as Jancouver's 35 points on the week is enough to bring their team's total to a top-5-cracking 161. No other points near the top this week

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) karaev 9291
2 (-) fauniera 9176
3 (-) skidmark 9025
4 (-) Kryvo 8900
5 (-) Nyssinator 8707
6 (+2) ruvu75 8661
7 (+2) SafeBet 8654
8 (-2) Object 8600
9 (-2) TheArt 8574
10 (-) Tigerion 8531

Very little movement up top to go with the subdued weekly points totals. karaev gains a whopping 9 points on fauniera, although both gain over 100 on team skidmark - however, Kryvo scored 4 points less than team skidmark, so there is no podium shuffle. A bit of place swapping further down the top 10, but no new teams coming in or teams falling out.

spreadsheet at dropbox

Update #27: greenedge edges out the competition

The first week of the Tour is in the bag, and the 2.1 Tour of Austria took place this week as well - all in all another moderate week, with our weekly winner just clearing 300 points.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 greenedge 305
2 Salvarani 294
2 zaka_fan 294
4 Kryvo 275
5 Tonton 271

greenedge takes the week on the performance of three riders: Wout van Aert (130 points), Caleb Ewan (120) and Ben O'Connor (55 from Austria). Second is a tie between Salvarani and zaka_fan - although both have Ewan, the former has a combo of O'Connor and Trentin to get the bulk of the rest of their points, zaka_fan gets 170 from unique pick Sagan finally shining some this season.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 greenedge (+10)
2 Salvarani (+9)
2 ansimi (+9)
4 Leadbelly (+6)
4 Tonton (+6)
4 JPettersen (+6)
4 zlev11 (+6)

The jumps are unsurprisingly small and the leaderboard similar - ansimi steps up to the podium on this ranking while scoring 6th on the other ranking, thanks to Van Aert, Trentin, Philipsen.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 armchairclimber 193
2 MADRAZO 185
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 Jancouver 161

We have a new leader! armchairclimber had been in second in this competition, but 18 points for a top 10 finish this week vaults their team into the top spot. No other scoring amongst top teams.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) karaev 9293
2 (-) fauniera 9193
3 (+1) Kryvo 9175
4 (-1) skidmark 9100
5 (+2) SafeBet 8858
6 (-1) Nyssinator 8841
7 (-1) ruvu75 8778
8 (+2) Tigerion 8702
9 (-) TheArt 8633
10 (-2) Object 8600

Some modest changes here, with the most notable leap being Kryvo, whose 4th place on the week and 275 points nets their team a podium spot. Leader karaev gets a mere 2 points on the week, but fauniera gains only a few, getting 17. No ins or outs in the top 10. This upcoming week will see more stage points from the Tour, as well as the 2.HC Qinghai Lake happening in Asia.

spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS