• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bah, with both of my picks of Kragh and Küng I had the BinckBank Tour in mind as the main reason, and then Kragh gets sick and abandons and Küng is just 8th in the GC.

And van der Poel also got sick in Norway, so my week did not at all go as I had hoped. Luckily, Cosnefroy won the Polynormande race where I didn't even know he was supposed to ride. And Rodríguez' second place in Burgos was more than I could have hoped for.

His first name includes a ø which is missing in the spreadsheet. That's why you should always copy the name directly from CQ ranking and not type it out unless you're absolutely sure you'll get it perfectly right.

I have the same problem at the Youth Game. Picked Waerenskjold and got no points for him. Didn't even realize that until now.

I always copy and paste from CQ but in this case i think it was not possible as he is not in the 2018 CQ database, as del1962 already pointed out.

Reactions: LaFlorecita
Nice! I had DePlus and Eg. Was hoping for a top 2 from Eg. I'd never heard of Almeida so I had no chance at that. At least my team started showing some class with TdF and this past week (fun with all these races, plus Avenir). Looking like my Vuelta squad will be lite though,

Yeah. my team not anything special for Vuelta. I have Aru, Chaves, O´Connor and Knox that maybe can do something for GC. Gaviria hopefully wins something. Frankiny, my unique pick, is there so anything is a bonus with him. Touze is an interesting rider. Maybe can place high on a stage. Has a good sprint.

[QUOTE = "LaFlorecita, publicación: 2385469, miembro: 20754"]
Su primer nombre incluye un ø que falta en la hoja de cálculo. Es por eso que siempre debe copiar el nombre directamente de la clasificación CQ y no escribirlo a menos que esté absolutamente seguro de que lo hará perfectamente.
[/CITAR]
Lo siento, pero no recuerdo cómo lo hice.

Yeah, same thing happens in the Emerging riders game. I guess it is incumbent on the manager who selects a rider who does not have a CQ entry to remain alert to him appearing under a different version of the name, and the game manager telling him/her that this could be an issue.

And in case I didn't do that:
JonE, let me know if BALMER Alexandre starts scoring under any other version of his name.
Koronin, likewise if CQ does not render SÁNCHEZ PALAZÓN Javier the way you did in your team submission.
And although other spellings are less likely, Will10 would do me a favour if he makes sure how ASKEY Lewis appears (if it ever does)

Last edited:
Yeah, same thing happens in the Emerging riders game. I guess it is incumbent on the manager who selects a rider who does not have a CQ entry to remain alert to him appearing under a different version of the name, and the game manager telling him/her that this could be an issue.

And in case I didn't do that:
JonE, let me know if BALMER Alexandre starts scoring under any other version of his name.
Koronin, likewise if CQ does not render SÁNCHEZ PALAZÓN Javier the way you did in your team submission.

So far I haven't seen his name show up on the CQ points in any version yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the races he's raced haven't had CQ points with them.

First of all, I just wanna tip my hat to the leading duo in this year's game. Fauniera and Karaev.
They are a level above everyone else so far and have both showed tremendous vision and tactical nous. Impressive!

Personally, I have had a year with ups and downs -mainly downs ha.ha. Next years edition seems years away, however, the preparations have already begun.

The riders who have given me the most joy this season are the following.

VAN DER POEL Mathieu - 539 (20 teams) – I swear to god Mathieu Van der Poel posses Saganesque potential/talent as a bike rider. A jack of all trades. Limited race days? Sparse opportunities if he fails to deliver on his so-far pretty ambitious 2019 road schedule? I guess so. However, I never really consider leaving him out my CQ squad anyway though - the man is a beast and if nothing else, it should be fun following him all spring in the first serious road campaign of his career.

Well, well he turned out to be an insanely good pick. An amazing athlete, the sky is literally the limit for him. I have been in awe every time I've seen him ride this season, to think it could almost have been ruined by a freak crash in Nokere Koerse. The first man on my 2019 sheet and it paid off in dividence. On to Tour of Britian next!

COSNEFROY Benoit - 229 (15 teams) – I am a big fan of the guy and this kid won me over immediately he flew past Valentin Madouas on one of the last hills in Paris-Tours. Absolutely blew him away, and it's not like Madouas is not a very talent rider himself! I except a very opportunistic Cosnefroy in 2019. He can animated races and possesses the necessary strength to finish it off at times as well!

I swear to god he is becoming one of my favorite cyclists fast. What a puncheur, brilliant, brilliant potential. Classy on the bike (and off as well - seems so levelheaded and correct. Tomorrow's stage in Limousin has Consefroy written all over it and barring accidents i think he will have a killer autumn. The Canadian races and even the Worlds in Yorkshire are tailored to his chrematistics.

DE PLUS Laurens - 226 (24 teams) – I didn't see the crash back in the day but from the description of what I read, it was some tumble causing awful injuries, which he hopefully now has recovered completely from. De Plus has an insane engine though, Geert Van Bondt even predicted he could ride into the top-5 of a GT in the future (Het Nieuwsblad.com)... Less could do, at least in 2019, Jumbo-Visma is stacked as well, so De Plus could often find himself in a helping role I guess, but there will be chances to showcase his own talent along the way I believe. Solid yet unspectacular pick!

Geert Van Bondt will be proven right in his prediction down the line. I am completely sure of it. I was over the moon when he won Binck Bank Tour. De Plus is a freaking locomotive, so strong and powerful while being consistent in his performances all year. His Giro ended rapidly however, he just picked himself up and rode a monster, monster TdF were he proved his worth in the high Mountains acting as a loyal lieutenant.

PADUN Mark - 191 (30 teams) – Padun impressed me highly in the Hammer-Series./Limburg. The day he totally worked over Sivakov and won the event for Bahrain. I also had the classic Valle d'Aosta 2016 in mind. The day he practically followed a guy like Enric Mas all the way up the hideous hideous Piani di Tavagnasco. He crashed the following day on stage 4, only to recover and finish second the next day on Cervinia after a long rage attacked together with Ravasi. Strong as an ox that Padun.

One month ago he seemed like a disastrous pick due to injury and whatnot. However, I would like to save this space, because bad luck excluded I sense a big Vuelta Espana incoming! Great prospect!

HIGUITA GARCIA Sergio Andres - 119 (2 teams) – The surprise of last years Vuelta Colombia, where he finished 5th on GC and won an impressive stage victory on Torre de Chipre (Manizales). Higuita is a dimuitive lightweight climber (54kg) who is punchy as hell to boot. He has the word winner printed in his DNA, either he will be a huge success otherwise he will flop miserably. In El Tiempo, he mentioned he has been promised a calendar with races such as California, Utah (at altitude yayyy) and Tour of Austria which all in all seems pretty reasonable from Vaughters.

My little gem, that now (Since I am placed in the midpack) doesn't get the significance I had hoped uppon. Fantastic first season though, hardly got a pedal stroke wrong all year. part of the new exciting generation who will rule the next many years to come.

Ohhh I am pleased with Alberto Dainese as well. Fauniera and Karaev have him as well of course. :pPoints wise its not been that spectacular but its still been fun watching him develop all year. The U23 euro champs victory was dominating and brought me the fantastic sum on exactly 0 points.,

I shall remain silent about my not so fantastic picks of the season. Like Michael Valgren for example !!! Your hurtin me...

Update #32: Akuryo has a week to remember

With Laurens De Plus having a breakout win at the BinckBank Tour, the 24 teams who picked him were bound to be happy this week. As always, rounding out that pick with riders who did well in the other races of the week (Burgos, Arctic Race of Norway) is crucial to win the week.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Akuryo843
2Jon_Ezeitza772
3vladimir753
4Jakob747752
5Leadbelly725

Akuryo has a fantastic week, especially for mid-August, clearing 800 points. Their team was led by De Plus' 252 for winning BinckBank, and Barguil's 148 points for allllmost winning Arctic Tour of Norway (he's on 12 teams). Aside from that, Lucas Hamilton (10 teams) had 105, Garcia Cortina (14 teams) had 95, and a smattering of riders contributed a handful each. Jon Ezeitza has a fine second place showing, with of course De Plus but also 226 from Ivan Sosa (3 teams) and 126 from Marc Hirschi (10 teams). vladimir just squeezes into third over Jakob747 thanks to De Plus, Barguil, and 117 more from the gift that keeps on giving to 3 teams, Mike Teunissen.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Leadbelly(+18)
2Jakob747(+15)
3vladimir(+13)
4Jon_Ezeitza(+12)
5HelgeBlendet(+11)
5Eyeballs Out(+11)

A different champ here, as Leadbelly leaps 18 spots to claim the biggest jump of the week, benefiting from having a number of unique and rare picks hit this week. Of course De Plus is the power, but Calmejane (115, 2 teams) and unique picks Krists Neilands (109 points), Michael Kukrle (73 points) and Matteo Badilatti (44 points) sure help out. Jakob747 does make the podium on this one, with De Plus/Hamilton/Eg/Cosnefroy leading the way. vladimir repeats on the podium here as well.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1armchairclimber211
2ruvu75192
3TheArt190
4MADRAZO185
5Kryvo177

Kryvo scores 14 points on the week to squeeze team skidmark out of the top 5; aside from that, no scoring by the overall leaders.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)fauniera11918
2(-)karaev11872
3(+4)Kryvo11120
4(-)Tigerion11094
5(-2)SafeBet11074
6(+8)Hakkie210868
7(-1)ruvu7510857
8(-)skidmark10841
9(-4)shalgo10815
10(+2)Eric1010759

Things are interesting at the top - neither of the top 2 had a particularly good week, each finishing outside the top 80 scorers. However, karaev gained 56 points on fauniera and is now just 46 points back. Those two are in a class of their own, but below it's quite tight, with less than 50 points separating 3rd from 5th, and just over 100 points separating 6th through 10th. Hakkie2 and Eric10 jump into the top 10, while TheArt and DFA123 slide out.

spreadsheet at dropbox

I'm still lurking right outside the top 10.

This week, I have Cosnefroy and Reichenbach doing well in Limousin, Byriel doing not so wel in Denmark, and for the Vuelta my team looks a little lacklustre with only Chaves, Aru (practically ubiquitous picks), Rodríguez, Padun, Bauhaus and Atapuma.

I'm still lurking right outside the top 10.

This week, I have Cosnefroy and Reichenbach doing well in Limousin, Byriel doing not so wel in Denmark, and for the Vuelta my team looks a little lacklustre with only Chaves, Aru (practically ubiquitous picks), Rodríguez, Padun, Bauhaus and Atapuma.

Idk about Aru. He was still 14th at the tour afterall. Chavez apparently in good form they say. Top 10 shouldnt be too farfetched for either. Maybe a stage win. Who knows.

Still hanging on in the top ten, though just barely. The only riders I have who are likely to score any significant number of points in the Vuelta (Gaviria, Chaves, Aru) are very popular picks, so I will probably continue to fall in the rankings. One positive note is that I am now up to 22 riders in profit.

TRENDING THREADS