• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pretty disappointed for Plapp, and for my team hopes ... that's most likely a 3 figure points haul gone. Minor compensation today with Fretin picking up his first points. I picked him, hoping that he'd farm place points in sprints throughout the season and maybe even improve and strengthen enough to sneak a win somewhere. At least I still have Del Toro ... maybe Morgado, Ryan and Alaphilippe will score this weekend.

Reactions: postmanhat
TDU will come to a close this weekend and even with Plapp DNS it is looking quite decent so far with other riders for me. Maybe a few can score in the one-day races that are left as well.

Some Spanish races are also coming up this weekend and during next week.

Clàssica Comunitat Valenciana 1969 - Gran Premio V
CHRISTEN Jan
WALLS Matthew
CAPIOT Amaury

Ruta de la Cerámica - Gran Premio Castellón
CHRISTEN Jan
CAPIOT Amaury

Mallorca races
BUSATTO Francesco
VANDENABEELE Henri
LAMPERTI Luke
MOSCON Gianni
CHRISTEN Jan
HODEG Álvaro José

I am pretty eager to see how the likes of Busatto, Lamperti and Christen starts their season.

Hodeg will probably only fly in to maybe ride Trofeo Palma, next weekend, I am assuming. He is in Australia right now.

Last edited:
Team plans for the upcoming week: You go to Mallorca! And you go to Mallorca! Everyone goes to Mallorca!

Arnaud Démare
Vincenzo Albanese
Stefano Oldani
Francesco Busatto
Luke Lamperti
Gianni Moscon
Paul Magnier
Mauri Vansevenant
Antonio Pedrero
Alberto Dainese
Igor Arrieta
Jan Christen

Also have Arrieta, Christen, Oldani and Capiot in action at both one-dayers this weekend, but given the routes and team selections I don't expect much there.

impressed by him, looked at him but wasn't sure if he will be sprinter for Alpecin or leadout. Looks like a steal now
I really only counted on him doing stuff in some small classics that Alpecin rides a lot of. They have so many quick guys that you never know who is going to sprint and who is going to lead-out, except Philipsen and Groves, so it's a really good sign that Boven is their main sprinter for TdU.

Reactions: repre