• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remember looking at the end of 2023 prices, and thinking about which riders were very good value? Got any riders in your team (or that you are annoyed to have left out) that you expect to flourish over the next couple of months? Reckon that you either have sussed this team construction lark, or that you need more practice at it?

Your research, discoveries, regrets, confidence or wish for a second chance can all find a home in the Spring Classics CQ game. 12 male riders, total CQ price at the end of 2023 of 3000 points, points to be gained in the 1.WT and 1.Pro races from now until May Day, PM to me by the start of Omloop on Saturday: any other details you might need are in the thread.

Van Aert hinting at Hagenes being a pure domestique in the classics... I may have dodged a bullet.
Van Hoydonck did pretty well as a domestique in the spring last season. Plenty of their riders has scored in the classics in the last couple of seasons.

I doubt Hagenes went in as leader in Sparkassen Münsterland Giro, last season, which he won.

Season is long. He should get chances here and there, hopefully develop more. His performance in the last stage of the Algarve was pretty encouraging, at least to me.

We will see. Difficult to predict what his ceiling is right now.

Kepplinger starting to give me regrets. The downside of having heavily researched so many riders is that I'm gonna say this about a lot of guys!
DNS today, so for now you have little to worry about.
I had Blackmore on my team until very late. Well well, guess I should have kept him instead of picking my Rwandian hero Niyonkuru, who is going to finish his home race with a big fat zero in his account.

Last edited:
Reactions: postmanhat
DNS today, so for now you have little to worry about.
I had Blackmore on my team until very late. Well well, guess I should have kept him instead of icking my Rwandian hero Niyonkuru, who is going to finish his home race with a big fat zero in his account.
Had Blackmore on my longlist, which got wiped when my laptop broke, then just forgot about him. Probably wouldn't have picked him being honest, as had already decided on Riccitello as a young IPT rider. You think he'd get should get a lot more opportunities after this race, and could already be at 200% by the end of it.

Sure, but he can still end up 2nd in GC here and also score high in two WT races before the Giro. It wasn't a given beforehand that he would have a protected role while racing with Vingegaard.
Yes, let's see. I don't have him, so as long as he just finishes in the top10 of every stage race where he participate and doesn't win or podium like last year I am fine with it..
On another note I am quite dissapointed to see Rodriguez result today, same as E.Hayter...

Omloop
Turner
Capiot
Schelling
Battistella
Valgren

Probably the weakest team have ever had for this race, so at least can't get too disappointed as usual.

KBK
Turner
Schelling
Battistella
Gachignard
Segaert

Maybe better chances in France this weekend.

Ardeche
Ayuso
Simmons

Drome
Ayuso
Simmons
Tronchon

Here's the updated list of my riders in the weekend's races. However, just to be a little bit different, I'm gonna list all riders based on their last names.

Omloop
Asgreen
Foldager
Honoré
Hundahl
Jørgensen
Pedersen

Ardeche
Jensen
Wilsly

KBK
Andersen
Asgreen
Bendixen
Jørgensen
Levy
Pedersen
Pedersen

Drome
Jensen
Wilsly

Abysmal start to the season for my team. Didn't get any better yesterday with Rodriguez already 9 minutes down in Gran Camino. But at least today I have strenght in numbers in Omloop with 10 riders:
MILAN Jonathan
GIRMAY HAILU Biniam
VAN BAARLE Dylan
BETTIOL Alberto
SENECHAL Florian
HONORE Mikkel Frølich
BARONCINI Filippo
FEDOROV Yevgeniy
STEIMLE Jannik
BITTNER Pavel

Abysmal start to the season for my team. Didn't get any better yesterday with Rodriguez already 9 minutes down in Gran Camino. But at least today I have strenght in numbers in Omloop with 10 riders:
MILAN Jonathan
GIRMAY HAILU Biniam
VAN BAARLE Dylan
BETTIOL Alberto
SENECHAL Florian
HONORE Mikkel Frølich
BARONCINI Filippo
FEDOROV Yevgeniy
STEIMLE Jannik
BITTNER Pavel
Wow, I had in fact 11 starters (forgot about Turner) and not one in the top 30! Senechal looked like a broken collarbone to make it even worse... :oops:

Wow, I had in fact 11 starters (forgot about Turner) and not one in the top 30! Senechal looked like a broken collarbone to make it even worse... :oops:
:oops: Oh my Lord. Always used to build teams with this race in mind as the start of my favourite part of the season, and they nearly always failed spectacularly. Hard to see your first three at least, not coming good later in the spring.

Reactions: vladimir