• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Climb (Froome's first autobiography)

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Only if there was some form of video evidence to show it wasn't actually a mountain finish and Froome didn't actually beat Contador. Rather than Contador being beaten by 3 punctures.

Oh, there is. It's called the Internet! :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi8nza_castilla-y-leon-stage-3-closing-kilometres_sport

The funnier thing watch the last part of that stage is Cinoni from Sky is the leader and climbing in the lead breakaway. Froome is anonymous.

Contador seen slow riding in without a care in the world. But I guess Froome will lie to save face any way he can... and a Walsh for that matter.

Whats a little lie here and there.. im sure the bots wont mind. I expect this will be in the next software update as proof that Froome has always been more talented than Contador.

thehog said:
Only if there was some form of video evidence to show it wasn't actually a mountain finish and Froome didn't actually beat Contador. Rather than Contador being beaten by 3 punctures.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi8nza_castilla-y-leon-stage-3-closing-kilometres_sport

The funnier thing watch the last part of that stage is Cinoni from Sky is the leader and climbing in the lead breakaway. Froome is anonymous.

Contador seen slow riding in without a care in the world. But I guess Froome will lie to save face any way he can... and a Walsh for that matter.

Had the same reaction. Then I thought well, the funnier thing is actually Chris Froome acting like finishing 20th on a medium mountain stage of this po-dunk race was an indication of anything.

If it's an indication it's an indication that everyone here who says he was an anonymous, middle-of-the-pack rider is exactly, completely correct. And he's trying to pass it off as some big achievement and mock those who actually see it for what it is.

Please tell me no one still believes this clown is clean. Please.

red_flanders said:
Had the same reaction. Then I thought well, the funnier thing is actually Chris Froome acting like finishing 20th on a medium mountain stage of this po-dunk race was an indication of anything.

If it's an indication it's an indication that everyone here who says he was an anonymous, middle-of-the-pack rider is exactly, completely correct. And he's trying to pass it off as some big achievement and mock those who actually see it for what it is.

It's so absurd I cannot for one believe that not only Froome said it but Walsh actually printed it.

Did any of the other 80 middle of the pack guys in that group think "oh wow! I just beat Alberto Contador on a mountain finish". Most would have seen puncture, or got that info on race radio and seen him come in 2:30 minutes later crusing in laughing and smiling.

Others would have seen the results sheet knowing something was up like a mechanical etc.

But it's so absurd because it was printed in all the press and all over cyclingnews on what happened.

The fact that Froome specifically picked out Contador's name, turned it into a mountain finish and failed to mention there were also 100 others guys who also beat Contador that day shows he's just making up stuff.

Froome even says it was evidence that he did have results before the 2011 Vuelta, which again is a blatant lie.

I'm with you. How can anyone believe this joker is clean? He's is a bigger joke than Armstrong. Probably the obvious doper I've ever seen.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's really a disgrace how Froome is lying his *** off. When will a journalist confront him with this? Froome is rather flexible with the truth.

bigcog said:
Talk about taking everything you can out of context and then twisting it to met your argument ... :rolleyes:

We could look at it another way (insert Chris Froome logic here). In this (in)famous stage he lost to Tom Jelte Slagter and 18 others. Should we still assume (as CF insists) that this was a new Armstrong in the making?

I also notice that he take great pride in this particular event. That is not strange seeing as this was one of the few occasions he completed an event among the top 20.

The levels bots has to sink defending this book is beyond imagination. Bagdad Bob must step forward here.

red_flanders said:

Why do you hate winning? Froome somehow believes himself a champion. After he wins the TdF again, his own legendary status will grow more.

Let him be. At this rate he's not going to make the SOL on doping sanctions.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The sad truth is that contrary to what many believe, there is nothing inevitable about cheaters like Froome being caught. Armstrong wasn't inevitable. A fortuitous turn of events led to his downfall.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Is there even any professional sports journalists who are critical of Froome/Sky? I can't find many.

The first one who breaks the ice yesterday may get a lot of recognition and praise in 10 years from now. Like Walsh, paradoxically did.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
The sad truth is that contrary to what many believe, there is nothing inevitable about cheaters like Froome being caught. Armstrong wasn't inevitable. A fortuitous turn of events led to his downfall.

It was Lance's own hubris that lead to his downfall. The audacity to come out of retirement in '09 while giving Landis the middle finger caused him to sqwak so loud and so long that someone finally listened.

The difference for Froomie now is that the media aren't buying it anymore (see Bob Roll calling Froome out with the inhaler) and they're not afraid of being blacklisted by a pompous egomaniac who hasn't won any friends with his book.

Mishrak said:
It was Lance's own hubris that lead to his downfall. The audacity to come out of retirement in '09 while giving Landis the middle finger caused him to sqwak so loud and so long that someone finally listened.

The difference for Froomie now is that the media aren't buying it anymore (see Bob Roll calling Froome out with the inhaler) and they're not afraid of being blacklisted by a pompous egomaniac who hasn't won any friends with his book.

Lance also had the cancer thing going for him; he was a wet dream for the UCI after the disaster that was 1999. Allied to that we was an intelligent, ruthless, c**ksucker, who was ready to stamp on anyone, & anything that got in his way. Froome isn't close to that level of ruthlessness, & this comic shows this.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:

wow, vroomie already beats even the yardstick of all cycling a-holes - Uniballer at least had some prior results (even if not in the mountains), so he did not have to invent some

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Digger said:
The way he tries to sell this about 'beating' Contador says so much about the guy...

Walsh too - wtf happened to the guy....has he discovered google? Or is he at the stage with froomey where he believes every word without question. Every person who saw that passage, first thing they did was check the stage that day...and our guts were correct...

And the sky idiots have the cheek to attack the journalist two days ago regarding the inhaler issue for not carrying out proper questioning. :rolleyes:

Very similar claim to the one Wiggo made about winning a hilly stage of l'Avenir. Supports their arguments until you look at the facts. *pouf* point gone.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Very similar claim to the one Wiggo made about winning a hilly stage of l'Avenir. Supports their arguments until you look at the facts. *pouf* point gone.
even then he only won cos Saul Raisin towed him upthe climbs and he half-wheeled Raisin on the descents

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mishrak said:

yeah, i am starting to lose any empathy i had with froome dawg and little richie porte. that can get farked now for all i am concerned.

and i am starting to grow empathy with cuddles, atleast he was never egregious, and never threw it back in the face of fans.

tho AusCyclingFan94 she did a good job for him.

SeriousSam said:

Too many people have had a whiff of the smoke now. Add to that, Froome will only continue to **** off former and current team-mates if he runs his mouth about them like he did in his sorry excuse for a book.

People don't like the guy and I doubt people in the peloton fear the guy. Most of all, after USPS, Bruyneel and Armstrong, enough people have learned their lesson and aren't willing to buy the sunshine story that is Badzilla Boy and his bike. Or is it Asthma Boy now?

The truth will eventually come out. Pretty much all the EPO users of the 90s and early 00s have been caught or have admitted to using it. These things take time, but the truth will come out eventually, and it will be glorious.

I love Botlogic...

Agreed, it does look a bit odd, but playing devil’s advocate here, might it have been kept quiet in case it could have been exploited by his rivals?
I can imagine other GC hopefuls now going all out on steep climbs on cold days in an effort to invoke an asthma attack from Froome and maybe cause him to lose a bit of time.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Saint Unix said:
The truth will eventually come out. Pretty much all the EPO users of the 90s and early 00s have been caught or have admitted to using it. These things take time, but the truth will come out eventually, and it will be glorious.

I admire the sentiment, but no.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Saint Unix said:
Too many people have had a whiff of the smoke now. Add to that, Froome will only continue to **** off former and current team-mates if he runs his mouth about them like he did in his sorry excuse for a book.

People don't like the guy and I doubt people in the peloton fear the guy. Most of all, after USPS, Bruyneel and Armstrong, enough people have learned their lesson and aren't willing to buy the sunshine story that is Badzilla Boy and his bike. Or is it Asthma Boy now?

personally, i wait with schadenfreude baited breath, for when the GB knights have the hoods rescinded in the dark night, a winter solstice. i am taking bets on betfair