• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The crazy predictions thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Don't forget Bauke Mollema wins 5 giri, 7 tours and 4 vueltas plus 3 world championships and 4 times liege-bastogne liege and 3 times amstel, plus 5 times lombardia ofcourse

This is the crazy predictions thread, not the obvious predictions thread one ;p

For me: Dekker wins a GT after his comeback

Marianne Vos to realise in 2012 there is literally nothing left for her to win, so she has a sex change, rides at the élite level with the men, wins the cyclo-cross worlds, the worlds, Paris-Roubaix, Gent-Wevelgem and the Amstel Gold Race, then wins the queen stage of the Vuelta just because (s)he can.

Libertine Seguros said:
Marianne Vos to realise in 2012 there is literally nothing left for her to win, so she has a sex change, rides at the élite level with the men, wins the cyclo-cross worlds, the worlds, Paris-Roubaix, Gent-Wevelgem and the Amstel Gold Race, then wins the queen stage of the Vuelta just because (s)he can.

Wait....? Marianne Vos is female?!?

*runs away from angry mob of women with pitchforks*

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Signor Corleone

Raymond Poulidor will come out of retirement to win the 2012 Tour de France
and with it, at last wear the Maillot Jaune, which always eluded him during
his career.

Pat McQuaid resigns as head of the UCI, after an Interpol raid finds $12,000 in a brown envelope taped behind a framed photograph of Lance Armstrong, in McQuaid's office.

"It was in the best interests of our sport. Since we had already cleaned up the sport's doping issues, it was time to deal with the issue of administrative corruption."

Confirms cycling's newly elected supremo.............

.............................................................Johan Bruyneel.:D

This is nothing, crazywise, compared to some of the other lunatic postings on this thread, but: I'm picking Zubeldia for the Vuelta. Probably, with his broken wrist, he doesn't have to spend july towing armstrong around france, and should be nice and rested for it. Always been a solid, but unspectacular rider, maybe this is his year.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
He already has the female voice

Yes he has when he gives an interview in italian.

My prediction sounds a bit crazy but could come true: Alberto Contador will win the Dauphiné by accident because he can't get rid of the Yellow Jersey.
:)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Valverde returns from his doping ban at the age of 32 and immediately sweeps the Giro, Tour, and Vuelta all in 2012. He then is in the lead of the 2013 giro when he gets caught and passed on the Zoncolan by Mark Cavendish. He retires immediately.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
* Alexsandr Dyachenko becomes world champion, followed by Andrey Zeits, with Yevgeniy Nepomnyachshiy coming in 3rd place to complete a kazakh podium in 2011.

* Alberto Contador goes to Tour of Qinghai Lake instead of TdF in 2012.

* A romanian climber who will ride for Liquigas wins the climber jersey in Il Giro 2013 (lucky year).

* Cycling Club Bourgas invited to La Vuelta 2014.

* Normund Lasis wins 9 stages (and of course the green jersey) in TdF after he is transferred by Cervelo in 2015.

* Betonexpressz team roster in 2016: - 2 x Schleck
- 2 x Guldhammer
- 2 x Velits
- 2 x Sagan
- 15 x south african young hopes discovered by epic scouts.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Eddy Merckyx drops 80kgs, comes out of retirement and finishes on the podium in the 2012 Tour. Pat McQuaid, from his jail cell in The Hague, proclaims it a victory for clean cycling.

After becoming the world's pariah, Lance Armstrong throws himself into biochemistry studies and actually finds a cure for cancer. He laments he wasted so much time being a dou*che riding a bike.

Claudiu said:
Ah, i can't believe i forgot about these...oh, well, i guess my crazy prediction reached the max cap for brother pairs.

And then, just to mess with people's minds, it could be 2x Sørensen too! I know they aren't related but everyone seems to think so, and just imagine how many times they'd have to explain that they aren't brothers and that Sørensen is actually a rather common name in Denmark...