• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Punter said:
Ok let me answer my own question - just seen it was a mountain time trial

It was a very odd TT, the first half was flat flat and Costa still did very well on the splits there, close to TJVG. But the big TT guns (Froome, Martin) weren't there.

Froome for top 3 feels like money in the bank? Better odds than him winning the tour, and probably fewer unforeseeables.

Sasquatch said:
Voigt over Bauer @ $2.20 (Unibet) - seem to have taken it down now
Rodriguez over Martin @ $1.85 (Unibet) - best price there than other books
Gesink over Navarro @ $2 (Unibet) - obviously I don't have the correct weights, but Gesink is heavier than Navarro and has a bit on him usually.

Porte top 3 @ $7.50 (Sportingbet)

Froome to win @ $5 (Sportingbet) - Money back if he comes 2nd.

Voigt softpedalling is pretty annoying.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Voigt softpedalling is pretty annoying.

Yeah, didn't expect him to soft pedal, but he's obviously marked perhaps Saturday's stage as a day for him, and is probably saving his energy.

What is annoying is the inconsistency of De Gendt and him doing that time. I suppose Porte is part to blame too. The main bet I was hoping to get up was Porte. At that price, he had to be taken.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Sagan top 3 @ $2.40
Danny Van Poppel top 3 @ $31
John Degenkolb top 3 @ $31

Sportingbet

This will be chaotic

Van Poppel is nice top 3 value if he has himself in a good position. Degenkolb is a maybe. They are only small anyway. Sagan is the big one.

Talansky for the white jersey could be back on, but I figure he'll lose a packet tomorrow.

Kreuziger 67ew (was available at 101 initailly, but no ew market)
Kwiatkowski 151ew (can't see this one myself, but the strong winds near the top might discourage too many long range attacks/slow the pace enough for him not to get shelled)

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
I'm not writing off my Nieve top 10 @ $51 yet

What could have been if he didn't lose 9 minutes on that stage during the week....

Still, there's 3 tough stages, and a chance for him to pick up time in the break.

#stillbelieve

Sasquatch said:
What could have been if he didn't lose 9 minutes on that stage during the week....

Still, there's 3 tough stages, and a chance for him to pick up time in the break.

#stillbelieve

He looked really strong today. Was glad he didn't get pipped by JRod for third - he deserved it after pacing Contador for that long distance.

Stage 16 - Rolland 176ew

If he's gonna have any chance of winning the KotM I feel he has to have a go on this stage too. It's only 12 points available, but he'll have the TT the day after to rest up.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Leadbelly said:
He looked really strong today. Was glad he didn't get pipped by JRod for third - he deserved it after pacing Contador for that long distance.

Stage 16 - Rolland 176ew

If he's gonna have any chance of winning the KotM I feel he has to have a go on this stage too. It's only 12 points available, but he'll have the TT the day after to rest up.

I agree and I would also look at Nieve for that stage.

Euskaltel need something out of this tour, and we know how strong Nieve is. Nieve will go after the dots now.

TRENDING THREADS