• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Did my first ever cycling betting today : 5$ kwiatkowski @ 6.5 :D
Was doubting wether or not to place an extra bet on him when Nibali/Kelderman were having 30 sec, Kwiatkowski odds raised to 9. Unfortanately I didn't.
Also put 1$ @ 40 on Kelderman right before he landed in a potato field.

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Things just have their surprises. I mean, they usually come when we least expect it.
vbulletin-smile.gif

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So where does everyone think the value is with the Giro GC. I don't think Contador is a good bet at anything below even odds. Maybe Richie at 3.75? I think giving him 30% to win isn't unreasonable.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
So where does everyone think the value is with the Giro GC. I don't think Contador is a good bet at anything below even odds. Maybe Richie at 3.75? I think giving him 30% to win isn't unreasonable.

Contador is the best GC rider here, but evens is never tempting. Porte has still something to prove over three weeks, so I would probably go for a small bet on Pozzovivo (currently 40/1 at Betfair) on an exchange market in hope that he will be near the front in the first week and a half.

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Contador has more than 50% chance to win, so even is fine. Porte has like 10% chance at best.

I don't think your >50% statement is a good estimate, as I think the odds of failure through injury/illness/other bad luck can make up a fair percentage.

But I'm surprised, 10%! Who are the other lucky guys you think are able to win? I'd put Uran equal to Porte, at the max., not much more. Unless you give Contador 70% chance, that's the only reason I could see for Porte only getting 10%. More like 25%, I'd personally say.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If you really think Porte has at best 10% you should hurry and quickly bet against him on betfair exchange. Right now you can lay him; Risk 4x euros, win x euro if he doesn't come first and lose 4x euro if he does come first. If he comes first with at best 10% chance, that's a very good bet, ie it has substantial positive expectation.

As for Contador, 50-55% sound about right.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Alright, what is the best site to go to if I want to try cycling sports betting and that doesn't ban winning punters? Don't want to have to worry about stuff like that
Best way to bet is to have at least 4 sites and then bet with better odds.betfair,paddypower,williamhill,bet365,betfred etc :D

Made a mistake with Rigo today, :mad: but still great balance in past weeks.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully there are some odds on the nationals this weekend. I know last year you could bet on the Belgium, French and British. French odds are out

Bouhanni: $3.50
Coquard: $5
Demare: $7
Alaphillipe: $15
Voeckler: $15
Gallopin: $15

TRENDING THREADS