• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Dog Thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well so, late arrival ladybug arrived yesterday, and my second order from a different seller arrived today. Today's ladybug is much smaller than the original, so I'll be keeping the late order after all and will be returning the second. Ugh, such a hassle because of a stupid toy...

In this pic Toby had just gotten back from a walk, so he's a little pooped out. So maybe he'll be using ladybug as a pillow (as intended) instead of ripping her face off... nah, I'm sure he'll rearrange her eventually.

Here's his original ladybug after he had made some adjustments.

Reactions: on3m@n@rmy
LOL - Poor lady bug. But GO Tobster!
Our pooch thrashes & dismantles toys also. Makes me wonder if he might have dog CTE, which would explain some things. HaHa.

Well, how about posting some good dog faces. I'll start of with the "how can I be so wet, yet so hot" face:
20190720-2b.jpg

LOL - Poor lady bug. But GO Tobster!
Our pooch thrashes & dismantles toys also. Makes me wonder if he might have dog CTE, which would explain some things. HaHa.

Well, how about posting some good dog faces. I'll start of with the "how can I be so wet, yet so hot" face:
20190720-2b.jpg
From all the pics you had posted of wee dog it's this one I like the most.

Don't the dogs look/act the most helpless when they are in a bathtub?

I think it is in the bathtub when dogs truly learn who their master is...

No, dog, you will not drown. Yes, I will have to shampoo you, and I will have to rinse you. And yes again, I will have to dry you off in this terrible towel.

But never, ever, would I let you drown!

When Buddy is shaking his toys it seems like his neck should snap.
You're still working on taking a picture of Buddy, right? :D

On my end no news is usually good news with an aging dog, the only thing I need to stay on top of is Toby's itching. Which, at this point we've figured is due to some kind of allergy, so he gets an allergy shot every two or three months once he starts showing symptoms.

So in this pic we had just gotten back from the vet's - not only did Toby get a shot in his arse, but I also had just informed him that he needs to lose 5 pounds. So that's probably why he's not looking very thrilled.

Does your dog do this?

Thought I would ask this question because it's one of Toby's peculiar behaviors (and also some other pups I've known) - I let him out to do his business in the backyard, and then when I try to let him back in he wants me to close the door first before he reenters. What was wrong with me opening the door the first time around? Why do I need to close it and then open it again?

Anyway, I think it's funny, I would really like to know what goes inside his head when he initiates this process.

So yeah, does your dog do this, or does s/he engage in some other mystifying behaviors?

This could go in the DIY thread as well...

Toby seems to have hurt his other rear leg as well now recently, and rather than putting him through yet another surgery I just decided to build him a doggie wheelchair instead - courtesy of some youtube vids, and of course, the Home Depot. Lots of PVC pipe, fittings, and velcro straps were involved, but it still came cheaper than an official (and rather costly) canine wheelchair. Plus I needed the challenge of constructing it.

Now, I did take Toby to the vet who examined him and had prescribed some pain meds, but we both agreed that at this stage of Toby's life he would be better off with just some palliative care.

It doesn't look like it in this pic, but Toby does still have some use of his rear leg. But if he should ever lose it I'll be ready for it with these mean wheels!

And now a message from Toby:

The feck is this woman doing with me this time? Thankfully I'm stoned on carprofen and tramadol, otherwise I would never allow this! :mad:

Paw-fives and hanging in there,

The Tobster

The whole cart idea was very crafty. Props to you TR & Toby! Love the paint job idea. Maybe paint the frame Bianchi colors too?
Thank you, on3m@n@rmy.

I actually meant painting the frame, not the wheels themselves. They are about the only thing that could potentially be re-used for a later project, they're lawnmower wheels.

I haven't permanently glued some of the PVC yet, I'm having to make constant adjustments because the dimensions have to be just so, but once I'm happy with the whole thing I'll probably paint it.

Now if only I could get Toby used to it... he stares like a deer caught in headlights once I put him into his wheelchair and won't move at all. This might take a treat or two before he stops totally freezing up.

Reactions: jmdirt
Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Taking the treat from your hand is not an essential part of clicker training, you can just drop it for them. The more important part is associating the click with a treat.

WHEELS!

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I know this is the moment you've all been waiting for. I now proudly present the Toby Bianchi Turbo 10,000!

Ok, so the animal refused to move when I put him in his wheelchair, and being I didn't want to traumatize him any further I just plopped on a laundry basket and off we go.

I might add on some front wheels later, but I already tried that and the thing was so rickety and unstable I just went back to the original idea. Either way, as long as I don't spill the dog somewhere along on our outings I'm sure we'll both be happy.

BIGGER wheels!

Ok, so sometimes bigger really is better, so after some trial and error I made some further adjustments to Toby's wheels. The rear ones are now bigger and sturdier, and I added some swivel casters to the front for maximum maneuverability. Of course, I will still have to do the pushing, but otherwise we're really rockin' now, eh, Tobes?

There are some things I would have done differently, but being the PVC pipe glue dries so quickly (literally 3 seconds) it's a minor miracle Toby's cart turned out even halfway straight.

On a side note - and now I will have to go to Home Depot to return parts I won't be using, but I'll put that off till things return to somewhat normal. Due to the coronavirus they are letting only a handful of people in at a time, I kinda feel bad for contractors who need to get their parts ASAP. (Not sure why people need to buy plants first thing Monday morning. My project wasn't all that crucial either, but I really wanted to get Toby mobile and on the road.)

Reactions: jmdirt
BIGGER wheels!

Ok, so sometimes bigger really is better, so after some trial and error I made some further adjustments to Toby's wheels. The rear ones are now bigger and sturdier, and I added some swivel casters to the front for maximum maneuverability. Of course, I will still have to do the pushing, but otherwise we're really rockin' now, eh, Tobes?

There are some things I would have done differently, but being the PVC pipe glue dries so quickly (literally 3 seconds) it's a minor miracle Toby's cart turned out even halfway straight.

On a side note - and now I will have to go to Home Depot to return parts I won't be using, but I'll put that off till things return to somewhat normal. Due to the coronavirus they are letting only a handful of people in at a time, I kinda feel bad for contractors who need to get their parts ASAP. (Not sure why people need to buy plants first thing Monday morning. My project wasn't all that crucial either, but I really wanted to get Toby mobile and on the road.)
It looks like he's giving you the what for!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
BIGGER wheels!

TR you did a great job! Is there a Garmin or anything attached or is it a classic version?

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

TRENDING THREADS