• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Tank Engine said:
I've nothing against posting my photo, it's just that I have been bothered (or had the time) to figure out how to post photos. I've got a webpage out there somewhere and if anyone really wanted to, using the information on my user page and post history it would be reasonably easy to find me and got a mugshot of a middle aged Levi Leipheimer look alike (just stretched a bit).

yeah i tried yesterday and after about 4 attempts figured no one really cares what i look like and really just want to see pictures of the big hitters. so gave up

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
So you guys saw me sucking on my girlfriend's face earlier, here's a slightly less intimate look at my mug..

Upper Peninsula of Michigan few miles north of Marquette. That thing hanging around my neck is a 1970 Leica M2-R which was specially made for the US Navy to shoot infrared film. Shot supreme pictures with it until the shutter started sticking that day in the cold. This was shot with my crappy backup Olympus OM-1

Michigan2_04%252520copy.jpg

like alpe said this suck lol

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If anybody is curious about what I look like then you can check my avatar! up for a short time only.:p

low light conditions but it gives you some idea I suppose.

sublimit said:
If anybody is curious about what I look like then you can check my avatar! up for a short time only.:p

low light conditions but it gives you some idea I suppose.

yes, we are but hoping curiosity dont kill us.:D OR to modify jim morrisons words"lets say we are testing the bounds of reality, we are curious to see what would happen, thats all it is curiosity" :D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Ryo, you have a photo with Juan Mauricio and Rigoberto you posted last year I think?

44844_1565775587150_1318223517_2437267_6817629_n.jpg

45397_1565780787280_1318223517_2437297_3958162_n.jpg

with amador and soler, not with uran

soler story is great btw. first he didn't come out of bus. I started talking with stephens and telling him how I followed soler from 2003 and 2004 when he won vuelta jueventud in colombia. when he came to europe in 2006 I tell my friends to watch him because he's a climber you've never seen before. before tour 2007 I bet on him winning stage and kom and 3 weeks later was 3000 euros richer :) stephens was visibily impressed with my knowledge and story and said I will get him for you out of the bus. soler walked out with a huge smile I remember. a friend of mien warned me that he wasn't a very social guy but I won't forget his smile and teh soft hand that he and most colombians seem to give.

btw of course most of cycling people I knew didn't believe me when I said he would be a topclimber instantly in europe. kind of the same thing happened when rujano came to europe in 2004-2005 :)

after the soler photo I was the happiest guy in the world.on my way home I text messaged all my friends about it, whom 99% don't care for cycling at all to put it mildly. mu ultimate cycling hero along rujano and pantani. I hope to be on photo with rujano some day too.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
As if for the benefit of cnf, I am in the picture wearing something that makes me easy to identify for those who have read enough of my posts.

I'm sure you are the middle dude as I can read people . yeah

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
44844_1565775587150_1318223517_2437267_6817629_n.jpg

45397_1565780787280_1318223517_2437297_3958162_n.jpg

with amador and soler, not with uran

soler story is great btw. first he didn't come out of bus. I started talking with stephens and telling him how I followed soler from 2003 and 2004 when he won vuelta jueventud in colombia. when he came to europe in 2006 I tell my friends to watch him because he's a climber you've never seen before. before tour 2007 I bet on him winning stage and kom and 3 weeks later was 3000 euros richer :) stephens was visibily impressed with my knowledge and story and said I will get him for you out of the bus. soler walked out with a huge smile I remember. a friend of mien warned me that he wasn't a very social guy but I won't forget his smile and teh soft hand that he and most colombians seem to give.

btw of course most of cycling people I knew didn't believe me when I said he would be a topclimber instantly in europe. kind of the same thing happened when rujano came to europe in 2004-2005 :)

after the soler photo I was the happiest guy in the world.on my way home I text messaged all my friends about it, whom 99% don't care for cycling at all to put it mildly. mu ultimate cycling hero along rujano and pantani. I hope to be on photo with rujano some day too.

Do you speak Spanish or did you rely on Stephens to translate for you?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
no. soler didn't talk. he simply greeted me and smiled as I like to think because it made him happy he has such a hardcore fan ;) I don;'t think he would've gotten out of the bus otherwise except for preparing his bike which he did. still I remember seeing soler how isolated he looked. no teammates talked to him and stephens in awe of his climbingskill but didn't understand the rest and didn';t talk to him either. he told me soler never talks to anyone basically. during dinner he would never speak. I observed him a bit he was a truel boyacan mountaineer but almost more extreme even. solitary with his bike as if he was a monk. he was incredibly tall I know he was tall but it amazed me even more when I saw him. I talked with stephens about him doing vuelta. this was season 2010 and that if he finished eneco he would start. but he didn't because he still had troubles with injury to his knee back then. he had crashed also in the prologue, which was the day before.

also after taht came many australian riders to stephens and stephens talked to renshaw about making him lead man for 2011 wc and 2012 olympics because of the course and renshaw was a bit hazardous to accept. then I went to the start of the stage where I saw zandio talk to soler :) zandio also great friend of uran must like the colombians ;)

I don't speak spanish. but I can read it. and understand some of it if it';s about cycling and not too fast but that will soon change.

I maybe mistaken but i think we dirty doping countries southeners(!?italy,spain and portugal?!) dont get into a long lively debate that much, not that lively debate is bad or anything. Go figure , i aint exactly sure what i am talking about myself.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
boomcie said:
That's weird, than who's this on those pictures?

JsPdM.jpg

h5hX5.jpg

KeM4a.jpg

LOL, especially look at rujano;'s face in the third photo. his look is fitting _O_ still I would do that "chick"

oh wait susan is here to ruin the fun

Zam_Olyas said:
Do u guys talk alot o utside of the net? I can be alot quieter lol damn ever since i close my facebook, cn is like a social networking site hahaha sad!

almost all the people i know say i really talk a lot(and fast :p) but not in an annoying way because apparently i am a pretty funny guy that just can't have a boring conversation.

i am being honest here really

TRENDING THREADS