• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
King Boonen said:
Thanks, at least he's missing racing he was supposed to be in, although personally I wouldn't have suspended him this time.

del1962 said:
5 week ban, can ride for Italy at worlds

I guess he could have ridden for Italy even if the suspension was longer? I would think Sky can only suspend him from riding for them?
The suspension is from UCI this time not like the fake one of last year.

Fair enough, thanks.

Kazistuta said:
rick james said:
Shocking that he’s had a ban, it was a nothing incident and he shouldn’t be found guilty just because he rides for sky....look forward to many bans in the peloton from now on

Biased much?

You do know both Lars Boom and Andriy Grivko received similar punishments?

The punishment has nothing to do with Sky, at most Moscons own track record.

Lars Boom punched a rider, chased him across the road and then grabbed his helmet and shook him. Andriy Grivko hit another rider hard enough to split his eyebrow open. Moscon waved his hand at a rider as he passed him and brushed his helmet. They're not really comparable. Honestly, I think removal from the Tour and a warning that any other incident would get a harsh punishment would have been enough. I don't particularly care that he's got a suspension, but I think it possibly sets a dangerous precedent.

rick james said:
hrotha said:
The irony of course is that rick james wouldn't give a damn if Moscon didn't ride for Sky.
oh no, the irony is if it wasn't a sky rider half the people on this thread wouldn't care...

That's just not true. I think very lowly of Bouhanni as well which has absolutely nothing to do with him riding for Cofidis.

And which other riders do you think have behaved comparably to Moscon and have received forgiveness?

The only thing I find a little unnecessary is that people also call him a proven cheater after what he did at the worlds. That's just too normal to get worked up about, I would say. Racism, retaliation violence and temper violence are not.

King Boonen said:
Kazistuta said:
rick james said:
Shocking that he’s had a ban, it was a nothing incident and he shouldn’t be found guilty just because he rides for sky....look forward to many bans in the peloton from now on

Biased much?

You do know both Lars Boom and Andriy Grivko received similar punishments?

The punishment has nothing to do with Sky, at most Moscons own track record.

Lars Boom punched a rider, chased him across the road and then grabbed his helmet and shook him. Andriy Grivko hit another rider hard enough to split his eyebrow open. Moscon waved his hand at a rider as he passed him and brushed his helmet. They're not really comparable. Honestly, I think removal from the Tour and a warning that any other incident would get a harsh punishment would have been enough. I don't particularly care that he's got a suspension, but I think it possibly sets a dangerous precedent.

I dont think they make their decision based on "how hard was he hit?"...

No point in arguing more since thats the ban he received. Hopefully he will learn and be able to focus on racing and not let small things put him off or make him lose his calm again.

GuyIncognito said:
hrotha said:
The irony of course is that rick james wouldn't give a damn if Moscon didn't ride for Sky.

You people still haven't put both the Sky trolls on ignore?
If the mods won't ban them for blatant trolling, just ignore them

Also, what's your avatar pic from? That's Fois, VDB and...?

BrownPresentAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rick james said:

Lars Boom was banned recently for a similar incident. This has nothing to do with Team Sky.

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I can't believe people still defend this awful human being, for me any racist incident should result in lifetime ban if he does not show any intention of changing, which he hasn't.

Re:

mosh1992 said:
I can't believe people still defend this awful human being, for me any racist incident should result in lifetime ban if he does not show any intention of changing, which he hasn't.
Which is your opinion and you’re welcome to it, but it doesn’t. He served his “punishment” and he should be treated the same as any other rider. In this incident, I don’t think he was.

King Boonen said:
mosh1992 said:
Which is your opinion and you’re welcome to it, but it doesn’t. He served his “punishment” and he should be treated the same as any other rider. In this incident, I don’t think he was.
If you have an "history" of various incident that should be taken in account when you are punished, just like the regular justice work, and not admitting your previous wrongdoing aggravates the situation.
If next year he'll have another issue he should be suspended for months even if the actual fact doesn't require such a harsh punishment otherwise he'll never understand.

Anyway what makes me wonder is that he continuously states that the team fully support him when he should have fired him immediately as they said last spring after Reza racial abuse. Well, also Cassani seems to underrate the problem considering the he could even end up leading Italy in both TT and RR in Insbruck.