• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand 2022 Wollongong UCI Road World Championships Thread, September 18th-25th

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jhonatan Narvaez will not only be the only rider of his country tomorrow, but due to visa- and monetary issues, there's also only one staff member in Australia: the president of the Ecuadorian Cycling Federation himself

Any idea how they handle feeding, mechanical assistance and so on in such a case? I guess Colombia may give them a helping hand?!
Countries with two or less riders share support vehicles (maybe countries with four riders too), for sure there will be someone there to help him. Why does he have such a low start number though? I like it when start numbers are assigned based on the previous year's results.

Jhonatan Narvaez will not only be the only rider of his country tomorrow, but due to visa- and monetary issues, there's also only one staff member in Australia: the president of the Ecuadorian Cycling Federation himself

Any idea how they handle feeding, mechanical assistance and so on in such a case? I guess Colombia may give them a helping hand?!

Phil Liggett will already consider him Columbian.

Weird Al Yankovic Shakira parody; "Visa's Don't Lie".

Reactions: search
Countries with two or less riders share support vehicles (maybe countries with four riders too), for sure there will be someone there to help him. Why does he have such a low start number though? I like it when start numbers are assigned based on the previous year's results.
I think the start numbers are assigned by UCI Nations Ranking but the first numbers are reserved for the countries of the world and Olympic champions (Carapaz)

Any thoughts on the most likely outside bet? Can certainly see a scenario where WVA, VDP & Girmay end up watching each other whereby a late attack from a small group goes all the way to the line.

I've got a few $ on Bettiol at 66/1. Seems to be in good health at the mo.

Valentin Madouas had a very good spring and seems to be in form too.

Any thoughts on the most likely outside bet? Can certainly see a scenario where WVA, VDP & Girmay end up watching each other whereby a late attack from a small group goes all the way to the line.

Cosnefroy.

I might put £2 on Bagioli. Might be too long for him though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Depends what you consider outside.

I bet on Lutsenko often. Might be living on the streets next year.

Matthews, Girmay and Laporte are decent chances outside of the big 4-5 imo (of which Remco is decent value).

I'm thinking Quinten Hermans would be a good outside bet
Also Almeida

But we all know Foss is gonna take it

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alexander Kristoff. He ain't Kolobnev, but his track record at the worlds is immense. Sitting nicely at @151.00.

Which TV stations are available to watch the race?

Here ya go

Also on Eurosport/GCN/Discovery

TRENDING THREADS