• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 333 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some minor news that have been published over the last few days / hours:

- Guy Sagiv and Itamar Einhorn confirmed by the team itself to fill last spots on the roster.

- Amador, Doull and Shaw confirmed at EF Roster. Given Quinn had signed a three year contract extension they would go up to 31 riders, so the Padun move to Corratec could be official soon (the team is going to announce something today).

- Rees move to Sabgal (former Glassdrive) has been made official by the team. Bregnhoj next in line. Let's see about Tolhoek (no information from my side, despite multiple sites reporting it is a done deal, so let's see what happens. It could have been an "eleventh hour" agreement)

- Heidemann moves to Felt-Felbermayr alongside Brozyna, Tom Wirtgen and Stosz. That's two folding teams the german has survived in succession.

By the way, I have read some contradicting info on the Pernsteiner move to Ukyo which I posted some days ago , so let's see what finally happens there.
Judging by comments over the years from riders Subject to Vaughters late season renewals, I bet the last few to sign to EF probably just scraped above the minimum wage.

Reactions: Sandisfan
De La Cruz joins Q-36.5. It's been officially announced.

Unsure about the fit (he will miss Paris-Nice, Catalunya, Itzulia and Vuelta, his usual hunting ground), but at least he will continue for another year.
He’ll get plenty of opportunities at that team, missing those races shouldn’t hurt him that much as they’ll go to other races that will suit him. Also seeing as he’s turning 35 next year it’s pretty safe to assume he’s passed his best. It is good to see he gets another season at a decent team.

He’ll get plenty of opportunities at that team, missing those races shouldn’t hurt him that much as they’ll go to other races that will suit him. Also seeing as he’s turning 35 next year it’s pretty safe to assume he’s passed his best. It is good to see he gets another season at a decent team.
with guys like Badilatti, Donovan or Howson (and maybe Hagen as well - but it's a big maybe) they already have a couple of riders for the races he would aim for, though, and who all have developed a bit of a reputation at Q36.5 already. It's good that he found a team, of course, but it isn't really a perfect fit, I'd think.

Although, on the other hand, when the likely tactic is "hang on for a Top 10" anyway, one leader more or less probably doesn't matter too much.

De La Cruz joins Q-36.5. It's been officially announced.

Unsure about the fit (he will miss Paris-Nice, Catalunya, Itzulia and Vuelta, his usual hunting ground), but at least he will continue for another year.
Still no team for Dombrowski. This is where it's too bad that the US system has collapsed. He doesn't have a WT level anymore but he's still fit and motivated.

30 Riders 2024
João Almeida (Portugal)
Igor Arrieta (Spain)
Juan Ayuso (Spain)
Filippo Baroncini (Italy)
Sjoerd Bax (Netherlands)
Mikkel Bjerg (Denmark)
Jan Christen (Switzerland)
Alessandro Covi (Italy)
Isaac Del Toro (Mexico)
Finn Fisher-Black (New Zealand)
Felix Großschartner (Germany)
Marc Hirschi (Switzerland)
Alvaro Hodeg (Colombia)
Vegard Stake Laengen (Norway)
Rafał Majka (Poland)
Brandon McNulty (USA)
Juan Sebastián Molano (Colombia)
António Morgado (Portugal)
Domen Novak (Slovenia)
Ivo Oliveira (Portugal)
Rui Oliveira (Portugal)
Tadej Pogačar (Slovenia)
Nils Politt (Germany)
Pavel Sivakov (Russia)
Marc Soler (Spain)
Diego Ulissi (Italy)
Jay Vine (Australia)
Michael Vink (New Zealand)
Tim Wellens (Belgium)
Adam Yates (Great Britain)

Gen Z Riders

Abdulla Alhammadi (UAE)
Mohammad Almutaiwei (UAE)
Owen Cole (USA)
Luca Giaimi (Italy)
Gal Glivar (Slovenia)
Johnatan Guatibonza (Colombia)
Abdulla Jasim (UAE)
Duarte Marivoet (Belgium)
Anze Ravbar (Slovenia)
Gibbe Staes (Belgium)
Pablo Torres (Spain)

I still think Alpecin or Ineos would be better for him as a multi discipline rider; their record across 3-4 disciplines is there for all to see. Lidl-Trek are a road team.....I can't think of one male rider racing XCO for that team.......and like with the Holmgren twins, Trek Factory Racing XC have not mentioned any of them as signings.
Nys?

Just one of the biggest talents in the discipline.

I still think Alpecin or Ineos would be better for him as a multi discipline rider; their record across 3-4 disciplines is there for all to see. Lidl-Trek are a road team.....I can't think of one male rider racing XCO for that team.......and like with the Holmgren twins, Trek Factory Racing XC have not mentioned any of them as signings.

In the press release, he says that Trek's involvement across all three disciplines has been a major reason for signing with them, so I assume he's going to ride some MTB as well, although it might not be that much if he quickly gets his breakthrough on the road. The fact that Trek already have multiple Danish riders and staff members probably also made it a bit more appealing for him to join them.

Citracca has a long history with Ukraine, already in 2009 the team had a Ukrainian main sponsor (ISD) and plenty of riders.

One of those was Andriy Grivko back then, who is now president of the Cycling Federation and apparently involved in those transfers.
Andriy "lights out" Grivko (just ask Kittel about that one.

So Uwubrocks managed to get away from Bora. Let's see how this one turns out.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan