• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2011

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal see you next Giro. Roche cost you dearly on Alpe. Luckily i didn´t had to depend on him lately.

Mortant´s gamble with picking Tony Martin payed big dividends. He is the only one who jumped into the Top-8 on the ("true") last day, from 10th to 8th.
Hitch almost made a Timmy-Rabo-like-Comeback by jumping from 14th to 9th, missing just 1 point.
Greenflame was hit hard in the ITT: falling from secure 8th to 15th.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Phew...

To be honest, in the end, I feel kind of lucky to have made it into the final 8. I've lost 7 riders along the way, only have Andy in the correct place and have only won 3 stages.

That is pretty pathetic, but I'm still 100% behind all of my picks. I had F. Schleck in 4th and Evans in 3rd, which were pretty good picks in hindsight. These didn't get me any extra points though. :)

Peraud, Coppel and Taaramae were my winning cards.

All things considered, with one point less, I would still have been in the top 8. So I guess I was pretty safe.

Thanks again Foxxy, see you in Spain.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
boomcie said:
Phew...

To be honest, in the end, I feel kind of lucky to have made it into the final 8. I've lost 7 riders along the way, only have Andy in the correct place and have only won 3 stages.

That is pretty pathetic, but I'm still 100% behind all of my picks. I had F. Schleck in 4th and Evans in 3rd, which were pretty good picks in hindsight. These didn't get me any extra points though. :)

Peraud, Coppel and Taaramae were my winning cards.

All things considered, with one point less, I would still have been in the top 8. So I guess I was pretty safe.

Thanks again Foxxy, see you in Spain.

Which were the great picks. DeWeert on top of that would have been perfect.

Anyway, i think we all scored less b/c of all those crashed out riders. So the "secret" picks were even more special than in the Giro.
I like the Peraud-Pick the best, b/c i really tought he´d be only there to help Roche, until i learned some hrs before theTdF started (= after our deadline) that Peraud is Co-Captain. Since then, i knew that was a great pick.

P.S.:
BTW, great to have you in Spain for those great excel-tables.... :)

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Which were the great picks. DeWeert on top of that would have been perfect.

Yeah, but me being Belgian and all makes it difficult to be objective about him and his "potential"!

P.S.:
BTW, great to have you in Spain for those great excel-tables.... :)

Yeah, but with 8 players left making those tables is hardly rocket science :).

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Provisionals after 20 and therefore very likely goin to Spain*: :)

20 Sasquatch (1st)
19 Foxxy (2nd)
18 (19) Sylvester (3rd)**
18 (19) Amateur (4th)
17 Lancaster (5th)
16 (25) Hartog (6th)
16 (22) Boomcie (7th)
16 (18) Mortand (8th)

... just missing the cut: :(

15 (22) Hitch (9th)
15 (18) Kazistuta (10th)
13 (22) Ferminal (11th)
13 (19) Armchair (12th)***
13 (19) Timmy Rabo (13th)
12 (22) Aarnold (14th)
12 (21) Greenflame (15th)
11 Dlwssonic (16th)

Woohoo - on the right side of the split this time! At least if this ends up the official classification. Special thanks go out to my new favorite German TT'er Tony M :D

See y'all in Spain!

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Too bad.. I got hit hard by all the crashes in the first week. Only thing that could have saved me was an brilliant Schleck, but him coming in second instead of winning cost me two points (instead of one ahead on the rest for correctly placing him first, the others got a point ahead for correctly placing him second). Even that wouldn't have been enough though, so essiantially I just sucked :p

It was a good game though, thanks Foxxy for organizing, and I'll be back next year ;) Good luck to the people on to the Vuelta!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BTW, final points for both our non participants:

Tuarts with 19 points,
Cobble with 18 points

... both would have been qualified for Spain :p
Haha, its always the way. Where were the points scored? Can't find the excel sheet :/

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Starting-Grid for the Vuelta by tie breakers (Total-Points):

45 Sasquatch (1st)
42 Hartog (2nd)
41 Lancaster (3rd)
39 Boomcie (4th)
39 Foxxy
38 Amateur (6th)
38 Sylvester
35 Mortand (8th)