• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mads Pedersen is Danish and Absolutely no other Nationality Thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Nationality is Mads Pedersen?

• Dansk

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Danish

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Dänisch

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Danés

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Danois

• Danese

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Deens

• Danska

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Just skimmed thread title and got curious about it.
OK, I get it so far, his nationality is duński/dinamarquês/dana, I guess it's not (not solely?) a viking really wanna manifest that part - but my vague guess is it is spiced with a confused presenter / TV broadcaster of ToN 2016 of whom would very much like to draw a blue line in the white cross of his country's flag, maybe striving to adapt Pedersen* to another nationality?

Just a shoot from the hip here, new to this thread sorry :)

I.e. "Main Pedersen", amongst all the other Pedersens these years...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Just skimmed thread title and got curious about it.

Someone - I don't remember who - accidentally called him 'Pederson', and as I pointed out; that's akin to making him Swedish. Then someone - whose names shall not be mentioned - created some weird system where he (supposedly) change nationality based on what day it is.
So I, having power to do so, decided to change the thread title a little, and later add a (totally unbiased) poll.

Someone - I don't remember who - accidentally called him 'Pederson', and as I pointed out; that's akin to making him Swedish. Then someone - whose names shall not be mentioned - created some weird system where he (supposedly) change nationality based on what day it is.
So I, having power to do so, decided to change the thread title a little, and later add a (totally unbiased) poll.
:frowning:

sounds like a jerk

• Haha
Well, considering that he never used a nutritionist before, and now we learn that he, unlike his Swiss neighbour and compatriot Vingegaard, does not do altitude training, Pedersen has not done badly (I suppose he might do the "altitude tent", we don't know.) Another casualty of the "Young Family Syndrome" it seems like.

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...s-altitude-training-his-worst-experience-ever

"I don't want to sit on top of a mountain for three weeks and not see my family.

So who's "the family" then? I hope it's not "The Family" :D Or is he like Vingegaard and likes to hang around the Golden Oldies?

Parents and brothers; one of the first things he did after he won the Worlds was to ensure that his father wouldn't have to continue working as a long-haul truck driver.

His wife, the two of them just being a very small family unit. He actually summed it up pretty nicely in another article recently(ish):

Downtime Mads Pedersen-style takes place in Switzerland these days, the country he relocated to in 2022. “My wife and I go to Zurich, take a hike in the mountains, take the dogs out, swim in the lakes. We pull the plug out, and just be us. Half of the time I’m not there, so my wife deserves that when I’m home, I’m *** home. I spend time with her and I do what she likes to do.”

Long-distance relationships are just a reality of cycling, but rarely are the challenges of it brought up in public. “She sacrifices even more than us riders do. Don’t tell me when she was 15 she had the dream of living my life. She deserves to be treated like a queen while I am leading this life.

Been hearing in the past couple of years about how these kids are new breed, counting grains of rice from juniors, 3 altitude camps a year, speeds increasing etc

Mads Pedersen, top 10 rider in the world - 'I don't do altitude training and never bothered with a nutritionist'

He will have a longer career than most I think, shades of Valverde whose training seemed to consist of riding around a bit with his mates.